Gnomes. Always asking for stuff on these forums.

General Discussion
There always seems to be a gnome asking for stuff on these forums regardless of the often tremendously lore butchering implications of it. A rundown of the list of I want gnome threads:

1. I want gnome paladins.
2. I want gnome demon hunters.
3. I want gnome shamans.
4. I want gnome druids.
5. I want a tinker class.
6. I want Kul'tiras Gnomes
7. I want mechagnomes. We can't have mechagnomes for similar reasons vyrkul can't be an allied race to humans. They'd have to be a hero race if they were.
8. I want[insert random type of gnome race].
9. I want such and such mount or toy for gnomes. Ponies was a recent one.
10. Despite model updates, I've seen gnomes asking for further model updates.
11. I want more holidays for gnomes.
12. Don't even get me started on all the I wants for the heritage sets.

These are just a few of the many many things I've seen gnomes asking for. At least if this was happening from a blood elf it would be somewhat in character, but by gnomes it just comes off as despicable and whiny. Now some things I find more understandable such as gnomes needing more lore and suggestions for non lore butchering content. But then its not just this, but all of the gnome centric threads and stuff like that. I've noticed the gnome playerbase has a strong tendency to put themselves on a pedestal and try to act like they are better than everyone just for playing a gnome. Stuff like this. It really makes the gnome player base as a whole look very bad.
Gnomes are for eating!
I want a Tinker class
Well but its always.. small.. requests.
10/12/2018 10:44 PMPosted by Snowfox

You call entire classes and locations designed for gnomes small requests?
It's not Sunday. Some of these requests are reasonable and lore friendly within reason.

If you want to talk about lore butchering you can kindly look at just about any other race.
10/12/2018 10:41 PMPosted by Crescentbane
There always seems to be a gnome asking for stuff on these forums regardless of the often tremendously lore butchering implications of it. A rundown of the list of I want gnome threads:

3. I want gnome shamans.
4. I want gnome druids.
7. I want mechagnomes. We can't have mechagnomes for similar reasons vyrkul can't be an allied race to humans. They'd have to be a hero race if they were.
8. I want[insert random type of gnome race].
9. I want such and such mount or toy for gnomes. Ponies was a recent one.
10. Despite model updates, I've seen gnomes asking for further model updates.

These are just a few of the many many things I've seen gnomes asking for. At least if this was happening from a blood elf it would be somewhat in character, but by gnomes it just comes off as despicable and whiny. Now some things I find more understandable such as gnomes needing more lore and suggestions for non lore butchering content. But then its not just this, but all of the gnome centric threads and stuff like that. I've noticed the gnome playerbase has a strong tendency to put themselves on a pedestal and try to act like they are better than everyone just for playing a gnome. Stuff like this. It really makes the gnome player base as a whole look very bad.

I want to be able to tame this puppy =D
An underwear gnome gets what an underwear gnome wants.
I thinks its getting kinda ridiculous too. I love gnomes and have a gnome myself, but some of the thing that really ticks me off is when they ask for stuff that would also be very justifiable for goblins in such a way as it should only be for gnomes. Big one was the extra facial customizations one. Goblins don't even have model updates yet and gnomes are asking for more facial combinations? Give me a break!
10/12/2018 10:46 PMPosted by Crescentbane
10/12/2018 10:44 PMPosted by Snowfox

You call entire classes and locations designed for gnomes small requests?

whoosh.
10/12/2018 10:41 PMPosted by Crescentbane
4. I want gnome druids.

well in our defense...

A gnome has been studying Druid magic since TBC in bladesedge.

only a matter of time until its perfected.

Need I remind you that in Gnomer there were First Aid NPCs that cast Heal on friendlies and people petitioned Blizzard for hundreds of topics that spanned all the way to Cata when they were finally a thing? All of this fan demand all because of a random Gnome NPC was casting Heal. Do you also realize that we were given next to no real in-game explanation regarding how Gnomes can become Priests? Even if you look at the starting quests for Gnome Priests, we're given pretty much nothing with the quest texts. You can't look at classes as they appear in game and then look at the lore. Remember the game is built around class mechanics and how they interact. Lore can be anything.

A Gnome Priest in lore, according to Blizzard, is a Field Medic. Maybe using gnomish inventions or just bandages to heal allies. In game though, they're just Priests. The Tauren Paladin is another example; in lore they're Sunwalkers, in game they're Paladins. I doubt anyone would consider the brash and bold paladins of the blood elves to be very similar, at all, to the more earthly and gentle Sunwalkers of the Tauren.

Secondly, Paladins are just Priests who simply further devoted themselves to the Light. Who's to say Gnomes cannot be gifted in it? "The Light is in all things", according to Paladins.

Only reason I haven't rolled DH is because of this. And to be fair, Blizzard did state that post-Legion they may consider allowing other classes to become Demon Hunters.

3. I want gnome shamans.

Would be somewhat lore friendly I guess? There's a trinket that summons a tribial Gnome that casts Lightning Bolt and there are quest mobs around Auchindoun in BC, Sand Gnomes, who are tribial in appearance and cast Earth Shock and Lightning Bolt.

4. I want gnome druids.

In Blade's Edge, there's a Gnome NPC studying Druid magic. Why not?

Completely justified. Allow them to wear mail, keep it to Gnomes and Goblins, and you have yourself a solid class.

To be fair, this one brings a lot of questions to the table. If you play Elder Scrolls, you know of the Dwemer. Basically dwarves. They were an advanced race that were fantastic spellcasters, engineers, crafting, and so on. The thing is though, the Dwemer disappeared and it's completely up to speculation how they disappeared, why, etc. Kul'Tiran Gnomes fall under the same catergory. Maybe they went behind that giant vault door and sealed themselves off from the world. Maybe something happened. I want to know more.

Ever since I saw the mechanognomes in WotLK I've always wanted to play one. Shoo.

Any holiday that explains or establishes Gnome lore is completely okay in my book.

Considering it's armor based on our heritage, our birthright, we have justification for wanting it to be good. Not a complete afterthought or a fart in the wind.
Did you ever end up finding a goblin gf?
Which race consumes the most Gnomes per day?? Worgen, Orcs, or Tauren?
10/13/2018 12:36 AMPosted by Decoy

Need I remind you that in Gnomer there were First Aid NPCs that cast Heal on friendlies and people petitioned Blizzard for hundreds of topics that spanned all the way to Cata when they were finally a thing? All of this fan demand all because of a random Gnome NPC was casting Heal. Do you also realize that we were given next to no real in-game explanation? You can't look at classes as they appear in game and then look at the lore. Remember the game is built around class mechanics and how they interact. Lore can be anything.

A Gnome Priest in lore is a Field Medic, maybe using gnomish inventions or just bandages to heal allies. In game though, they're just Priests. The Tauren Paladin is another example; in lore they're Sunwalkers, in game they're Paladins. I doubt anyone would consider the brash and bold paladins of the blood elves to be very similar, at all, to the more earthly and gentle Sunwalkers of the Tauren.

Secondly, Paladins are just Priests who simply further devoted themselves to the Light. Who's to say Gnomes cannot be gifted in it? "The Light is in all things", according to Paladins.

Only reason I haven't rolled DH is because of this. And to be fair, Blizzard did state that post-Legion they may consider allowing other classes to become Demon Hunters.

3. I want gnome shamans.

Would be somewhat lore friendly I guess? There's a trinket that summons a tribial Gnome that casts Lightning Bolt and there are quest mobs around Auchindoun in BC, Sand Gnomes, who are tribial in appearance and cast Earth Shock and Lightning Bolt.

4. I want gnome druids.

In Blades's Edge, there's a Gnome NPC studying Druid magic. Why not?

Completely justified. Allow them to wear mail, keep it to Gnomes and Goblins, and you have yourself a solid class.

To be fair, this one brings a lot of questions to the table. If you play Elder Scrolls, you know of the Dwemer. Basically dwarves. They were an advanced race that were fantastic spellcasters, engineers, crafting, and so on. The thing is though, the Dwemer disappeared and it's completely up to speculation how they disappeared, why, etc. Kul'Tiran Gnomes fall under the same catergory. Maybe they went behind that giant vault door and sealed themselves off from the world. Maybe something happened. I want to know more.

Ever since I saw the mechanognomes in WotLK I've always wanted to play one. Shoo.

Any holiday that explains or establishes Gnome lore is completely okay in my book.

Considering it's armor based on our heritage, our birthright, we have justification for wanting it to be good. Not a complete afterthought or a fart in the wind.

I just wanted to point out that a lot of the reasons that are valid in this post are also valid for goblins. My issue is the tendency to focus these threads on gnomes even when they could be justified for goblins. Gnome Paladins for one is also a possibility for goblins. Goblin monks is one that could have a possibility in it. Just about every class you brought up except druids could have just about as much justification on a goblin.
I hate gnomes, ugly, and stupid creature
10/13/2018 12:36 AMPosted by Decoy

Need I remind you that in Gnomer there were First Aid NPCs that cast Heal on friendlies and people petitioned Blizzard for hundreds of topics that spanned all the way to Cata when they were finally a thing? All of this fan demand all because of a random Gnome NPC was casting Heal. Do you also realize that we were given next to no real in-game explanation regarding how Gnomes can become Priests? Even if you look at the starting quests for Gnome Priests, we're given pretty much nothing with the quest texts. You can't look at classes as they appear in game and then look at the lore. Remember the game is built around class mechanics and how they interact. Lore can be anything.

A Gnome Priest in lore, according to Blizzard, is a Field Medic. Maybe using gnomish inventions or just bandages to heal allies. In game though, they're just Priests. The Tauren Paladin is another example; in lore they're Sunwalkers, in game they're Paladins. I doubt anyone would consider the brash and bold paladins of the blood elves to be very similar, at all, to the more earthly and gentle Sunwalkers of the Tauren.

3. I want gnome shamans.

4. I want gnome druids.

This is not my point. Yes. It is true that these requests are sometimes more justified. However the fact that gnomes are constantly incessantly asking for stuff like this makes them look very whiny and self entitled. I see this more among gnomes than any other race in the game. Some other races are also up there with their requests, but gnomes take the cake.

Everyone wants their race to be able to play DH, but just because it may be nice doesn't mean it should happen; Especially to people that ask for it in such a self entitled manner.

4. I want gnome druids.

Personally I also want undead druids, but most undead players aren't so loud and whiny about this.

There are many races out there that are capable of doing what goblins and gnomes can do and are proven engineers. Draenei are engineers of a different kind. I believe they have artificers. While it sounds nice, there are a lot of problems with it when you get into the nitty gritty.

People want Vykrul too, but they are in a league of their own.

There is already running of the gnomes. Maybe we need more holidays to represent other races don't ya think?

Granted, but its all about the whole needy whiny self entitled thing again. This is what I don't like.

As for gnome paladins. There is already priests. Shamans fit more into goblins because of their background.
This is not my point. Yes. It is true that these requests are sometimes more justified. However the fact that gnomes are constantly incessantly asking for stuff like this makes them look very whiny and self entitled. I see this more among gnomes than any other race in the game. Some other races are also up there with their requests, but gnomes take the cake.

We've been given very little lore outside of trying to get Gnomer back. As for whiny and entitled, that's just a matter of perspective. They may come off as whiny to you, but not so much to others.

Everyone wants their race to be able to play DH, but just because it may be nice doesn't mean it should happen; Especially to people that ask for it in such a self entitled manner.

Opinions.

Personally I also want undead druids, but most undead players aren't so loud and whiny about this.

They fact they can be Hunters and connect to anything at all is insulting in my opinion.

There are many races out there that are capable of doing what goblins and gnomes can do and are proven engineers. Draenei are engineers of a different kind. I believe they have artificers. While it sounds nice, there are a lot of problems with it when you get into the nitty gritty.

Nothing wrong with letting a small pool of races have exclusive access to a job.

There is already running of the gnomes. Maybe we need more holidays to represent other races don't ya think?

Running of the Gnomes is a fan holiday that is simply recognized by Blizzard, nothing more. Blizzard didn't create a holiday for the Gnomes so the fans had to make their own, like they tend to do these days. As for other races, meh.

Granted, but its all about the whole needy whiny self entitled thing again. This is what I don't like.

Opinions.

Your go to in this is "Gnomes are whiny" when you are coming off as a bit whiny yourself.
We've been given very little lore outside of trying to get Gnomer back. As for whiny and entitled, that's just a matter of perspective. They may come off as whiny to you, but not so much to others.

It certainly can, when multiple threads keep popping up. That combined with those gnome master race threads and other threads of gnomes putting themselves on a pedestal.

Opinions.

And when opinions(such as these gnome threads asking for stuff that butchers lore or should be prioritized at this time) starts affecting things in the game, it becomes a problem.

Nothing wrong with letting a small pool of races have exclusive access to a job.

Just imagine though if about a decade or two goes by and they come out with multiple classes that neither goblins or gnomes can be before they finally release one for goblins or gnomes.

Running of the Gnomes is a fan holiday that is simply recognized by Blizzard, nothing more. Blizzard didn't create a holiday for the Gnomes so the fans had to make their own, like they tend to do these days.

I'm sry but they felt they had to make their own holiday because blizzard didn't have one served to them on a silver platter? Maybe there just shouldn't be any race favoring holidays at all.

As for other races, meh.

So you have contempt for other races? This is part of what I meant when I said the gnome player base has a tendency to put themselves on a pedestal and act like they are so much better than everyone for playing gnomes. If this was just RP fine, but we having an actual discussion right now.