Gnomes. Always asking for stuff on these forums.

General Discussion
So you have contempt for other races?

Not at all, I just don't care. I play Gnomes, I want Gnome lore. Simple.

Other races whine about wanting more lore, more holidays, more X, more Y, more anything really. You say you see Gnomes being the loudest so to speak, but the way I see it, you are looking for a reason to complain.

At this point there's nothing to discuss.
I only ask for brutosaur donations...

Which, speaking of, I’m accepting...

I believe dreams can come true.
And it all starts with you!
Donate today.

- the DH you love and trust
Let me just comment on a thing here: mechagnomes. You do realize that there appears to be a chance that we might be getting mechagnomes as an Allied Race, right? See: bits and pieces of stuff in Kul'Tiras, plus datamined details of the 8.1 raid.

And you know what? Gnomes are seen by most of the devs (and most of the players) as a joke race, nothing but comic relief, and it gets really old. All the gnome punting, the gnomes as snacks, etc., etc. -- really, really old. Gods forbid we should object to any of it.

P.S. On the off chance that OP is trying to be funny, well, it's not Sunday yet.
There is 8 goblin classes and 8 gnome classes. I say that if blizzard is going to release any new class for either of them, they should both get new classes at the same time to keep things balanced.

You do realize that there appears to be a chance that we might be getting mechagnomes as an Allied Race, right?

They won't be releasing new allied races until at least the next expansion. Blizzard never releases multiple new sets of races and/or classes within an expansion.
pretty lame post

Speaking of whiney players asking for race, I give you the KING

HIGH ELF
10/13/2018 03:01 AMPosted by Tinkerizmo
pretty lame post

Speaking of whiney players asking for race, I give you the KING

HIGH ELF

Like I said. At least it is in character for belfs.

Let me just comment on a thing here: mechagnomes. You do realize that there appears to be a chance that we might be getting mechagnomes as an Allied Race, right? See: bits and pieces of stuff in Kul'Tiras, plus datamined details of the 8.1 raid.

And you know what? Gnomes are seen by most of the devs (and most of the players) as a joke race, nothing but comic relief, and it gets really old. All the gnome punting, the gnomes as snacks, etc., etc. -- really, really old. Gods forbid we should object to any of it.

P.S. On the off chance that OP is trying to be funny, well, it's not Sunday yet.

Gnomes aren't as hated as you think. I've leveled a gnome before and got mostly love while active on it. The gnome snack threads are just jokers having some fun. Not actual gnome hate. The next thing is that it is false that gnomes are viewed as only comic relief. Personally I've never seen gnomes as comic relief to begin with, but rather just the really nerdy group of super intelligent allies of the alliance. Lots of other races also get all kinds of hate and I've seen some really toxic gnome players before.
10/12/2018 10:41 PMPosted by Crescentbane
1. I want gnome paladins.
I'd legit race change my pally from draenei to gnome if this ever happened.
I remember recommending goblins and pandaren way back in vanilla only to get the same 'lore' defense

Some things never change
One thing that I do kinda question personally. Why is there a breast cancer awareness event that requires gnomes to be able to attend? Personally I think for something like that anyone with pink hair should be able to attend.
10/13/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Gnomest
One thing that I do kinda question personally. Why is there a breast cancer awareness event that requires gnomes to be able to attend? Personally I think for something like that anyone with pink hair should be able to attend.
because it's easiest to just have 1 race do it, that way you don't have to run your pink haired troll across the world just to participate in another run.

and because gnomes have the pinkest hair.
Least they ask...

i seen goblins just take it and steal...

Theres one pickpocketting me right now is there?
10/13/2018 04:33 PMPosted by Hawkéns
Least they ask...

Generalization. Not all goblins are honorless. Even goblin rogues.
10/13/2018 04:34 PMPosted by Rustwell
10/13/2018 04:33 PMPosted by Hawkéns
Least they ask...

Generalization. Not all goblins are honorless. Even goblin rogues.

THAN WHOSE HAND IS THAT I AM FEELING?!?!?!
10/12/2018 10:53 PMPosted by Decoy
It's not Sunday. Some of these requests are reasonable and lore friendly within reason.

If you want to talk about lore butchering you can kindly look at just about any other race.

"We gnomes were using light magics to power our machines long before some superstitious tall fools decided it was holy." - Lightsmith Zed Slipstick, gnome paladin that I can't play.

"The problem with an underground city is lack of control of a killing field outside the walls. If some of our more magically gifted number could make a deal with elementals, as the goblins have, that could go a long way towards remedying the faults in Gnomeregan's defenses. (And I daresay we would be far more trustworthy associates than goblins could ever be.)" - Nilsbek Brightsprocket, master siege engineer, in a report to officers of G4 about his research.

"Our kind are incredibly gifted when it comes to the science of magic in this world. Whether it's the arcane, light and shadow, even nature - the gnomish mind is nimble and expansive, and embraces it all. I met a gnome once who was studying agricultural practices in extreme environments. If she studied at the feet of a master druid - such as, say, Karum Marshweaver - what wonderous new methods could her gifted mind invent? Cursed lands recovered, food grown in the deserts, all because gnomes finally turned their greatest talents to the druidic sciences." Gebner Deftgear, former prizefighter and current chronicler of gnomish lives.

None of these break lore.
10/13/2018 02:57 AMPosted by Rustwell
They won't be releasing new allied races until at least the next expansion. Blizzard never releases multiple new sets of races and/or classes within an expansion.
While I doubt there are any "hidden" Allied Races for BfA, Mag'har/ Dark iron is a set (released together) and KT/Ztrolls is a set. What you said may or may not hold true for the past, it certainly isn't true for BfA.
10/13/2018 04:30 PMPosted by Greenegg
10/13/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Gnomest
because it's easiest to just have 1 race do it, that way you don't have to run your pink haired troll across the world just to participate in another run.

[/quote]
Convenience shouldn't be a factor. Just think about it though. If they allowed level 120s you could also come up with a very nice breast cancer awareness mog.

To be fair, I don't think some races have a pink hair option. Maybe though if blizzard could have come out with something like wigs or temporary seasonal hair colors for them. However, gnomes do have a strong tendency to say they are the best at stuff. I suspect strong bias in this.

While I doubt there are any "hidden" Allied Races for BfA, Mag'har/ Dark iron is a set (released together) and KT/Ztrolls is a set. What you said may or may not hold true for the past, it certainly isn't true for BfA.

It is. The big thing to remember is that those allied races were announced months in advance and we know they will be released in BFA sometime.

To be fair, I don't think some races have a pink hair option. Maybe though if blizzard could have come out with something like wigs or temporary seasonal hair colors for them. However, gnomes do have a strong tendency to say they are the best at stuff. I suspect strong bias in this.

"We gnomes were using light magics to power our machines long before some superstitious tall fools decided it was holy." - Lightsmith Zed Slipstick, gnome paladin that I can't play.

"The problem with an underground city is lack of control of a killing field outside the walls. If some of our more magically gifted number could make a deal with elementals, as the goblins have, that could go a long way towards remedying the faults in Gnomeregan's defenses. (And I daresay we would be far more trustworthy associates than goblins could ever be.)" - Nilsbek Brightsprocket, master siege engineer, in a report to officers of G4 about his research.

"Our kind are incredibly gifted when it comes to the science of magic in this world. Whether it's the arcane, light and shadow, even nature - the gnomish mind is nimble and expansive, and embraces it all. I met a gnome once who was studying agricultural practices in extreme environments. If she studied at the feet of a master druid - such as, say, Karum Marshweaver - what wonderous new methods could her gifted mind invent? Cursed lands recovered, food grown in the deserts, all because gnomes finally turned their greatest talents to the druidic sciences." Gebner Deftgear, former prizefighter and current chronicler of gnomish lives.

None of these break lore.

It takes more than just one or a small group of gnomes studying a particular type of magic to make it a playable class. Timeliness, factions, alliances the intents of the character and many many practical factors must be kept in consideration. There are known cases of goblin paladins and goblin monks as well as a number of other unusual classes for many other races in lore. Another one being DK pandarens. However the reason for why goblins can't be monks has to do with timeliness and the reason for why we can't be paladins is because that goblin paladin is a very rare exception. My understanding is that in lore, to be a paladin you sort of have to have some sort of strong belief in the light. Now I remember reading that most gnomes don’t even believe they were descents from mechagnomes and the curse of flesh every happened. Maybe they can’t be paladins cause they lack sufficient faith and belief? And don’t forget. Lore wise priests are medics, but priests don’t require devout belief in the light like paladins do.
At least they ask nicely instead of kicking and screaming for it like a lot of others do.

I'll take that...
I'm gonna say this. I'd absolutely love it if they came out with all those said classes for goblins and/or gnomes. I love both goblins and gnomes myself so much. However if they don't, I won't lose sleep over it. Usually whenever I make a thread requesting something gnome related I try to include potential reasons why it could work for goblins too and I don't try to insist as it should be a thing. I've pretty much accepted goblin/gnome demon hunters will never be a thing for example which is why I just RP one.