So, how many BDK's are going to reroll now?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 9 Next
10/18/2018 07:25 AMPosted by Dayshadez
I play both Paladin and Blood DK. Blood DK is very strong with the current haste levels. They will get OP if they are not nerfed when haste from gear is higher. Its not even that big of a nerf.

I agree but thats only in M+ content as I have three tanks (DH, BDK, and this pal) but out of the three BDK is the worst in Raiding. Guess its my only concern with them is they really are not in a good spot for that content.
10/17/2018 11:47 PMPosted by Conorn
10/17/2018 11:43 PMPosted by Edisbelee
I hope they nerf them to the ground.

Almost every single +10 group is asking for a Blood DK..

It's sad...

The solution is actually to buff the under-performing Classes/Specs. Because if you nerf the powerful ones, then you also need to nerf the content people are trying to play otherwise people will start complaining that now the content is too hard. But if they buffed the under-performing specs, the content could stay the same and suddenly the other specs would find places in Mythic+ and High-End Raiding.

Normally I agree with you. I’d MUCH rather that philosophy be focused on in game design and balance. The problem in THIS case is that 5 BDKs cleared a +12 on time. That’s bad design because it negates literally all the other classes. Who needs heals when you have BDKs? Who needs DPS when you have BDKs? The game cannot have this.
10/18/2018 07:27 AMPosted by Phalan
10/18/2018 07:25 AMPosted by Dayshadez
I play both Paladin and Blood DK. Blood DK is very strong with the current haste levels. They will get OP if they are not nerfed when haste from gear is higher. Its not even that big of a nerf.

I agree but thats only in M+ content as I have three tanks (DH, BDK, and this pal) but out of the three BDK is the worst in Raiding. Guess its my only concern with them is they really are not in a good spot for that content.

What? Blood DK is the worst in raiding? They have the HIGHEST representation in raids also. Trust me if they were bad in raiding they would not have a raid spot.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#class=Tanks

Parses

Blood dk: 29,933
Monk: 23,252
Paladin: 13,217
Druid: 6,765
DH: 8,676
Warrior: 4,453

Tell me more about how bad bdk are in raids when top guilds are using them as a second to their monk or outright replacing their monks also. On Fetid they have enough self sustain to beat healers as the tank that takes thrash.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

What? Blood DK is the worst in raiding? They have the HIGHEST representation in raids also. Trust me if they were bad in raiding they would not have a raid spot.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#class=Tanks

There is a difference between representation and actually good at it. I bet you dollars to donuts they are tanking because they are there with their guild because of them being so good with M+ and the guild is able to help them through the content more then being good at the content.

But as has been proven with Monks atm, the difference between a decent tank and a bad one is 10-15% healer mana. Same could be said about DKs but as a whole, no BDKs are not that good, tanking wise, in raids. They dont have a very well rounded tool kit.

Edit: You changed your post after I quoted so thats news to me. Mind you im not hardcore anymore so I dont see this. Currently I still dont but if that stats actually show high end guilds doing that it would be gearing makes them scale ridiculously because originally BDKs were having trouble actually surviving to use their healing on fetid (must not be taking the off cleave). *shrug* didnt fully know.
10/18/2018 12:56 AMPosted by Dkfloppy
10/17/2018 11:49 PMPosted by Tabaqui
Not everyone rerolls and scraps their whole character when they aren't FOTM anymore.

They needed to buff druid and warrior, not nerf BDK and monk, but I doubt many people will reroll. That's what alts are for. You swap to a different one and take them through high-end content instead.

I was healing on my monk in Legion. I don't like the way Mistweaver feels in BfA, so she's on the shelf unless that changes.

No you sperg, dk dps specs are garbage in m+ when compared to other options, the only class that has lower representation for dps is shaman. And I'm sure most of them are too busy waiting for blizzard to stop !@#$ing up every other aspect of the game and fix their class instead of doing +10s. Every dk I know went blood, or rolled a dh (me included) because blizzard can't tune classes worth !@#$ and beta for azeroth isn't changing that, it has nothing to do with fotm.

A LOT of DKs went Blood because the Mythic community literally wouldn’t take them unless they went blood. They would rather dps, but “go blood you noob” is a thing. Why have a frost dps when you could have blood tank? Frost was actually strong in pve. It’s just bdk was so much superior. Unholy we can actually kek at granted.
10/18/2018 07:35 AMPosted by Phalan
There is a difference between representation and actually good at it. I bet you dollars to donuts they are tanking because they are there with their guild because of them being so good with M+ and the guild is able to help them through the content more then being good at the content.

They are there because their self sustain tops healers on meters, their utility is very useful like on zek and they have the lowest tank deaths. We are not just talking 10% higher representation. We are literally talking 2x-7x more representation. Let's look at player deaths. If they were so awful in raids why is it that they have the lowest percentage of deaths.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#class=Tanks&metric=deaths

Let's look at how good their sustain is on Fetid. They outright beat resto shamans and are on par with holy priest and resto druid for that fight. Now keep in mind how well they scale and the next tier of content.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#class=Any&metric=hps&boss=2128

Ya they are terrible in raiding. They only get pulled into raids because they are good in m+. It has nothing to do with having great raid utility also, having the lowest deaths, having enough self sustain to beat healers on meters. Nope it has nothing to do with any of that.

The only reason you have some representation of prot paladins in mythic is because they can cheese certain fights. They can outright cheese the Talocs mythic mechanic by rotating spellward, Ardent/Guardian and bubble.
On zek mythic they are decent because they can spellward and bubble immune the last hit of his combo. Although you are better off having blood dk for grasp when the adds come out.
On Zul they can bubble and drop their debuff. You could also just have a holy or ret paladin bop the tank to.

Even with that DK are still seeing 3x more or higher representation because they are still just that good.
can we just tank in all 3 specs again
As a "HERO" class they have no right to touch any of the aspects of the DK. They've basically stripped what DK's are making them utterly useless. As far as I'm concerned Ion should be removed and Activision should butt out of how the game is ran
I hate when Blizz nerf classes and specs. But again most of the time they do because of the whining coming from those forums.
Any player who played a long time knows that nerfing tanks reduces the number of available tanks.

Buffing tanks that can't tank makes much more sense.

I only prot pally or blood dk or veng dh tank.

I would BrM tank but don't have a max level monk atm.

I don't warrior or bear tank, never found their playstyle fun.

Did like gladiator prot warrior, but wasn't tanking as one, just questing and maybe some pvp casually.

The way blood DK tanks work fails when they make them weak enough and they just disappear, there is no middle ground.

Also if DPS people know so much about tanking why are they dps instead?
Tanking feels crappier around all specs in BFA. It really sucks that instead of buffing up Warriors and Druids, they just want everyone to wallow in mediocrity.
Oh good. Event less tanks in circulation. That will definitely help...
*Reads yawns and goes back to stabbing things*
I'm going to try rune tap
Mmm... Blood DK tears. So delicious.
Well, as long as people stay subbed, they could care less if you reroll or eat up the nerf and go along with it. That's the sad part really.

They just want to avoid seeing a specific class/spec/talents literally dominating in a certain aspect of the game. It looks bad on the design/balance side of things.

The way Blizzard handle the nerf/buff/balance wheel feels exactly the same than when I ask my 3 years old son to go get that tool in the garage for me. He knows what he have to do but will usually take the longest path because he got distracted by stuff that caught his attention while being on a mission. I get the tool eventually with a "Sorry daddy I got sidetracked". I'm still happy that he got the tool for me though so for him, it's mission accomplish. I know that it would be way quicker if I just go fetch the tool myself and I also know that he'll do it again if I ask him to.
The solution is actually to buff the under-performing Classes/Specs. Because if you nerf the powerful ones, then you also need to nerf the content people are trying to play otherwise people will start complaining that now the content is too hard. But if they buffed the under-performing specs, the content could stay the same and suddenly the other specs would find places in Mythic+ and High-End Raiding.

This doesnt make much sense... So your solution is make the game faceroll easy?

Gotta love the world is ending threads. BDK is no longer 15 miles ahead of other tanks instead they are 1 mile ahead.
BDKs are still a problem post nerf, when you are number 1 at damage, utility, self heals it’s a problem. They need to nerf grasp and bonestorm or what ever it is that increases self heals each mob there is. Hopefully blizzard continues to nerf this OP tank spec
10/18/2018 08:08 AMPosted by Dontfightme
BDKs are still a problem post nerf, when you are number 1 at damage, utility, self heals it’s a problem. They need to nerf grasp and bonestorm or what ever it is that increases self heals each mob there is. Hopefully blizzard continues to nerf this OP tank spec

None of that fixes your Prot Warrior main.
10/18/2018 08:06 AMPosted by Amademon

This doesnt make much sense... So your solution is make the game faceroll easy?

Buffing other tank specs that need buffs is not "making the game faceroll easy."