So, how many BDK's are going to reroll now?

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 9 Next
10/18/2018 08:53 AMPosted by Drakonov
If these changes go through, my DK gets dropped. My sub is already ticking down.

Both dps specs play and feel like garbage. We arent viable at all in PvP. Our only niche is tanking, and instead of buffing other tanks, which need the mitigation, they nerf bdk, the only DK spec that's remotely interesting or desired.

Nerfing overpreforming tanks makes little sense, considering how !@#$ing much of a stuggle it is on the worse classes. Prot war struggles on gear appropriate trash mobs, but better nerf blood so its in line with prot war, instead of finding a solution that makes tanks all good in their own way.

Both dps specs play like garbage?

*looks at warcraftlogs*

I wish shaman dps was as garbage as the worst DK spec

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19

Frost number 1 over all. Unholy number 12. Both dps specs are ahead of all specs for what..5 classes?
10/18/2018 09:20 AMPosted by Dubknight
If you're claiming a nerf to one class will fix the tanking disparity, you're clueless.

Other tanks are receiving buffs to go along with the Blood Death Knight nerf.

Are you guys this misinformed on purpose or are you just playing dumb at this point ?
10/18/2018 01:12 AMPosted by Nesuah
Figures, Nerf classes that have any resemblance of being as good as the previous expansions instead of buffing the other tanking specs that need it to match.

OR ... more likely bringing down classes that are over performing. Which always results in the fotm “reroll” posts and complaints.
And here I thought they'd FINALLY given Blood a DPS spec back. :(

I miss Blood DPS.
The math works out to about a 3% more damage taken increase from what I've seen in Acherus. If you're rerolling over that, well...

10/18/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Argorwal
Pretty bizarre nerfs since it doesn't really change what makes them so OP in mythic+.

Really, warriors and druids need a buff and DKs and monks need a nerf.

Not 1 or the other.

It depends on what you're buffing for protection warriors. They require more work than other tanks, and a single mistake is pretty costly, but when you can pull it off they're as strong as other tanks. The goal for prot should be to adjust rage costs and adjust Ignore Pain so that the skill floor is a little lower. A good protection warrior needs about as much healing as a paladin right now; the main issue is you're either a good warrior or a dead one.
The problem is that BDK has the best utility as well as the best survival for M+.I don't know how they could change the utility much without ruining them,so I guess they went for survival.I would have preferred they buff the rest.
Is there ever any good news in this game?
10/18/2018 09:23 AMPosted by Beraaht
If you're claiming a nerf to one class will fix the tanking disparity, you're clueless.

Are you guys this misinformed on purpose or are you just playing dumb at this point ?

I saw that Consecration gets a slight buff,did I miss something else?
10/18/2018 06:37 AMPosted by Pharsalus
Dwarf. The answer is always 'Dwarf'.

Welcome back Phar! Haven’t seen you around in a while

I, too, saw the consecrate buff, but don’t recall any other buff - in that upcoming build, at least.

Edit to add: there were some Azerite trait changes, such as prot warrior’s demo shout. I think that’s what B is referring to.
Also, guardians druid had damage increased.
10/18/2018 09:59 AMPosted by Lilywhite

I, too, saw the consecrate buff, but don’t recall any other buff - in that upcoming build, at least.

Edit to add: there were some Azerite trait changes, such as prot warrior’s demo shout. I think that’s what B is referring to

I'm not good at reading and understanding what was posted for Druids,I'm hoping that it means buffs and improvements to play.
10/18/2018 09:23 AMPosted by Akston
10/18/2018 08:53 AMPosted by Drakonov
If these changes go through, my DK gets dropped. My sub is already ticking down.

Both dps specs play and feel like garbage. We arent viable at all in PvP. Our only niche is tanking, and instead of buffing other tanks, which need the mitigation, they nerf bdk, the only DK spec that's remotely interesting or desired.

Nerfing overpreforming tanks makes little sense, considering how !@#$ing much of a stuggle it is on the worse classes. Prot war struggles on gear appropriate trash mobs, but better nerf blood so its in line with prot war, instead of finding a solution that makes tanks all good in their own way.

Both dps specs play like garbage?

*looks at warcraftlogs*

I wish shaman dps was as garbage as the worst DK spec

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19

Frost number 1 over all. Unholy number 12. Both dps specs are ahead of all specs for what..5 classes?

I know this is unrelated but this whole “shaman are bad so no one else gets to complain” bit is getting old. Hey, ret is worse than the worst shaman spec, so shaman cant get buffs until ret does. See how it works?

If you think any buffs other tanks can get will make them at least in the same neighborhood as BDK for m+, you're completely delusional.

Thanks for not reading the entiriety of my post as I've outlined the exact issue as to why BDKs are so prevalent.

Don't pretend like you did.
10/18/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Dalles
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Edit to add: there were some Azerite trait changes, such as prot warrior’s demo shout. I think that’s what B is referring to

I'm not good at reading and understanding what was posted for Druids,I'm hoping that it means buffs and improvements to play.

There were buffs to other tanks, at least Guardian, Warrior (via trait), Paladin (consecrate). The trait buff is a little wonky because of obvious RNG, but it’s a buff.

Monk changes appeared to be PvP only.

Sorry, to be more specific for druid: their damaging abilities were increased from 4% to 16%
10/18/2018 09:54 AMPosted by Dalles
I saw that Consecration gets a slight buff,did I miss something else?

Warrior/Druid changes are coming to PTR, Blizzard has commented as much.

Don't expect Paladins to get anything Prot wise, we're pretty much the "middle ground" they want everyone to be at.

10/18/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Dubknight
Don't pretend like you did.

I won't, I don't read hyperbole filled drivel. I stop when the glaring hyperbole starts and just roll my eyes.
Not gonna reroll, but i might experiment with Rune Tap and Stoneskin Gargoyle.
Thank method 5 blood dks did a m+11.method ruined blood dks....lol.
Didn't 5 Blood DKs beat a high level key?

That kindof spelled doom for any hopes that they wouldn't get nerfed.
The FOTM cycle continues to roll. The tears of the temporarily fortunate continue to flow.

And life goes on.
10/18/2018 08:40 AMPosted by Mooncherries
I'd rather trust the dev team

Those guys have all retired or moved to other projects or companies now.

This batch of developers are all show and no stay as they proved with WoD hype that brought in 5.5 million players and lost them all within the first patch.

10/18/2018 08:58 AMPosted by Cuckchan
My guess is that as gear gets progressively better and Prot Warriors/ Guardian Druids get some absolutely necessary buffs, every tank class will be viable

The Prot/Guardian issues are mechanical and tool kit related though which is where changes (not necessarily buffs) are needed.

Players always gravitate to the "best" options for "challenging" content which for tanks generally means the best overall toolkit for various situations. You can't really expect X and Y to get heavily pruned and still remain attractive versus A and B (and who really cares about K).