Mythic+ Azerite Armor Improvements

Tides of Vengeance PTR General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 27 Next
And for players that don't do Mythic+? Nothing.
Wow. Thank you!
10/19/2018 05:28 PMPosted by Ivankov
First, this kind of negates the change you made that allowed players to trade Azerite armor.

It does seem to put this whole thing into a difficult place.

Either you make Azerite gear tradeable or BoP. If you make it tradeable, you put people into the situation of being 'requested' to trade gear to another raider that is tradeable and therefore you lose out on a productive method of upgrading your character. If you make Azerite gear from raids or dungeons untradeable then you have the situation we had before of a section of gear being unavailable to the rest of a raid group.

It will be a bit laughable if they decide to switch back to it being untradeable. It can only increase the sense of the expansion being truly a Beta for Azeroth...of just tinkering with things on the fly without any real degree of preplanning or development consideration.
10/19/2018 03:46 PMPosted by Slamitnerd
The problems here are massive. We're now incentivized to run boring, 0 challenge content far below our gear level (M0, previous raids on every difficulty + current raid on LFR/Normal) to slightly speed up our gearing. When I get a duplicate/non upgrade 385 Azerite piece from a raid boss I'll feel bad about trading it to someone who needs it because it could put me a few days closer to my BIS. The massive timescale for targeting means if I buy a targeted piece with my BIS trait and that trait gets nerfed shortly after I'll feel like I just threw away months of work. This is a disaster waiting to happen.

You’re the same guy who would complain that the gift card he was given had the wrong picture on it, aren’t you?
Thanks for making the system reasonable!

Now to restore the 99 epics I recently DE'd... :P
Can we call them Justice Points?
10/19/2018 03:01 PMPosted by Lore
Throughout the discussions regarding Azerite Armor, there’s been a lot of talk about how you earn Azerite pieces from Mythic+ dungeons. Players have told us – and we agree – that the process of earning Azerite Armor through Mythic+ feels overly based on luck, and that there isn’t enough control in the players’ hands. Even with our bad luck protection systems in place, the sheer number of potential Azerite pieces you can get from the weekly chest means that trying to get ahold of a specific piece feels hopeless.

That’s a problem we want to solve, and give you some control over the Azerite gear you earn through Mythic+. So here’s what we’re working on for Tides of Vengeance:

First, we’re adding a new (as yet unnamed) currency, which you’ll earn from your weekly Mythic+ chest as well as from scrapping (or disenchanting) epic-quality Azerite Armor. This currency is rewarded in addition to the item in the chest (which can no longer be an Azerite piece), and the amount you earn will scale up based on the highest level Keystone you’ve completed. For example, completing a level 10 Keystone will reward you with about three times as much as clearing a level 7. Similarly, scrapping higher-item-level Azerite pieces will give you significantly higher amounts of this currency than lower-level pieces.

To spend that currency, we’re bringing back an old friend: Thaumaturge Vashreen. He’ll have two main types of items for sale. The first are caches that reward a random dungeon Azerite Armor piece for a given slot (helm, shoulders, or chest). They’ll be separated out by item level as well (at 355, 370, and 385), with higher item level caches requiring significantly more currency to purchase.

But we recognize that with six or more options per slot, this may still not be enough control for high-end players who want to be able to work towards a specific piece that perfectly complements their build. Thus, Vashreen will also offer Item Level 385 versions of the specific dungeon Azerite Armor pieces for each class, sold at a premium.

We’re still nailing down the exact numbers, but our goal for tuning this new currency is that you’ll be able to purchase one of the Azerite caches that lines up roughly with the item level of the gear you’re getting from your Mythic+ runs every two or three weeks, with the specific 385 pieces as long-term goals for top players.

Overall, we believe that this change will improve things in a lot of different ways:
  • Mythic+ players of all skill levels will now have a clear path to upgrading their Azerite slots
  • High-end Mythic+ players will have a way to target specific Azerite pieces to optimize their setups
  • Duplicate or unwanted Azerite pieces from other sources (such as raiding) now have some additional value
  • The piece of gear in your weekly chest will have a more reliable item level

You should see all of this hitting the Tides of Vengeance PTR sometime in the next week or so. We really do appreciate your feedback, and believe that this, in addition to the new traits and other improvements coming to the Azerite system in Tides of Vengeance, will help ease a lot of the concerns about Azerite Armor in Mythic+ and as a whole.
fk yes dude, feels good to not have anything bad to say.
Thank you for bringing back the valor system from Cata. No one complained about it and it was taken away for no reason.

Don't bring back legendaries as there is too much reliance on them. It would be great to have more of the abilities as talents but not something you have to pray RNG Jesus will bring you.

I understand that they want to try new things but it would be nice if we knew that some of their team actually played the game, in the live version, to see their client's point of view and interact with the community. We are still very new to this expack so it still feels like we're playing a beta version and I'm sure they could play through some to get the feeling and report back their findings.

It kinda sucks playing Alliance atm as the horde seem to have a bigger goal on their end. The first two raids are on the Horde side, they get a mount like winterspring/ungoro that the alliance doesn't get and their allied races have fresher models than those of the alliance which just look like recolored versions of other races.

Overall, I feel like we're being babysat as a soldier this expack rather than being an adventurer.

I do like the alliance zones which are beautiful but the story kinda seems lackluster as we're trying to basically mend a broken family while the horde is trying to make sure the Old god doesn't kill everyone.

I hope Blizzard keeps bringing back things that were successful from previous expacks and it will make a better overall game that they can add to it rather than take away and try to fit a square piece into a circle slot. I still find enjoyment in the game but it's probably just still early to get swept up in the story of BFA.
This is fantastic news, and I'm very glad that I won't have to choose between DEing something or scrapping it to get these benefits. Could we also get this to work with expolsum? It feels bad having to DE everything so I can keep my guild mates enchanted and not be able to use my tailoring to get gear from...

This currency is rewarded in addition to the item in the chest (which can no longer be an Azerite piece), and the amount you earn will scale up based on the highest level Keystone you’ve completed.

Thus, Vashreen will also offer Item Level 385 versions of the specific dungeon Azerite Armor pieces for each class, sold at a premium.

We’re still nailing down the exact numbers, but our goal for tuning this new currency is that you’ll be able to purchase one of the Azerite caches that lines up roughly with the item level of the gear you’re getting from your Mythic+ runs every two or three weeks, with the specific 385 pieces as long-term goals for top players.

Overall, we believe that this change will improve things in a lot of different ways:
  • Mythic+ players of all skill levels will now have a clear path to upgrading their Azerite slots
  • High-end Mythic+ players will have a way to target specific Azerite pieces to optimize their setups
  • Duplicate or unwanted Azerite pieces from other sources (such as raiding) now have some additional value

So dgn pieces which were hard to come by as you only had a once a week chance at them dropping, now only have a 2-3 week chance to be obtained with the same RNG as before, except this time you buy the RNG chance.

But if you're a TOP player, you can skip the RNG and buy a specific piece?

Not only high-end mythic players want to target pieces.
For those who are worried about trading with a guildie versus keeping for yourselves -- that's entirely a guild decision, and not dictated by Blizzard. With this in mind, guild leaderships will probably want to come up with rules / policies to govern how much of an upgrade is worth keeping for future sharding versus something that would help out a fellow raider.

Should be good times!
Why not just use sanguicell and hydrocore?
10/19/2018 03:05 PMPosted by Doritocrunch
Need something similar for pvp as well.
Right now I see a lot of People running M0's to get their epic Azerite Pieces. Is it possible to tune the system so that some currency drops at the end of M+ dungeons? Or, similar to conquest or Island expeditions, you get a M+ currency cap per week for completing however many M+'s intime? M+ is the kind of content that people want to be doing not farming M0's. Please consider.
10/19/2018 05:52 PMPosted by Misho
Why not just use sanguicell and hydrocore?

if they use an existing item as currency, players will start hoarding it now, and weeks later when 8.1 releases, they'll boost themselves up to highest possible level and trivialize the encounters.
There is more to be done but this is an amazing step in the right direction. Thank you Blizzard!
10/19/2018 03:01 PMPosted by Lore
Throughout the discussions regarding Azerite Armor, there’s been a lot of talk about how you earn Azerite pieces from Mythic+ dungeons. Players have told us – and we agree – that the process of earning Azerite Armor through Mythic+ feels overly based on luck, and that there isn’t enough control in the players’ hands. Even with our bad luck protection systems in place, the sheer number of potential Azerite pieces you can get from the weekly chest means that trying to get ahold of a specific piece feels hopeless.

That’s a problem we want to solve, and give you some control over the Azerite gear you earn through Mythic+. So here’s what we’re working on for Tides of Vengeance:

First, we’re adding a new (as yet unnamed) currency, which you’ll earn from your weekly Mythic+ chest as well as from scrapping (or disenchanting) epic-quality Azerite Armor. This currency is rewarded in addition to the item in the chest (which can no longer be an Azerite piece), and the amount you earn will scale up based on the highest level Keystone you’ve completed. For example, completing a level 10 Keystone will reward you with about three times as much as clearing a level 7. Similarly, scrapping higher-item-level Azerite pieces will give you significantly higher amounts of this currency than lower-level pieces.

To spend that currency, we’re bringing back an old friend: Thaumaturge Vashreen. He’ll have two main types of items for sale. The first are caches that reward a random dungeon Azerite Armor piece for a given slot (helm, shoulders, or chest). They’ll be separated out by item level as well (at 355, 370, and 385), with higher item level caches requiring significantly more currency to purchase.

But we recognize that with six or more options per slot, this may still not be enough control for high-end players who want to be able to work towards a specific piece that perfectly complements their build. Thus, Vashreen will also offer Item Level 385 versions of the specific dungeon Azerite Armor pieces for each class, sold at a premium.

You should see all of this hitting the Tides of Vengeance PTR sometime in the next week or so. We really do appreciate your feedback, and believe that this, in addition to the new traits and other improvements coming to the Azerite system in Tides of Vengeance, will help ease a lot of the concerns about Azerite Armor in Mythic+ and as a whole.

how about bad luck protection on weapons? still have an assassination rogue using a 300 ilevel dagger. 340+ weapon drops seems pretty meager
PLEASE consider this for PvP. Because this change is good enough that for the first time in a very, very long time I'm actually considering getting back into the game.

Now, while you're at it...

Bring back Master Loot for raiding, do this for PvP, and completely revert every aspect of the GCD change and I'll be sold.
Good change, though I wonder about price. The difference between good and base azerite pieces will be even higher with a new ring, and the risk of getting bad pieces may not be worth the extra cost.
Really hoping you guys do well by this for both pve and pvpers this is a big move and could make or break things for a lot of people

Personally really happy you guys acknowledged us pvp people speaking out about vendors and I hope that by “pvpers want more options AND choices” that means we see real vendors in the future and also more honor talent slots or some other feature we have been begging for in the pvp subs.

Thanks