Mythic+ Azerite Armor Improvements

Tides of Vengeance PTR General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 27 Next
10/19/2018 03:05 PMPosted by Doritocrunch
Need something similar for pvp as well.
10/19/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Slamitnerd
Let me get this straight, 2-3 weeks for the same chance at a random azerite I have every week right now, and significantly more for a targeted azerite? So what, that's like 1.5 months per targeted Azerite piece, 3 slots means about 5 months to get a full set of targeted Azerite. Assuming none of my Azerite traits get randomly hotfix nerfed mid tier and set me back to square one I can expect to barely complete my full set of Azerite gear in time for progress on the NEXT tier, not to mention progressing the 8.1 tier. On top of this, is a M0 world tour and every single raid on LFR, Normal, Heroic and Mythic now mandatory weekly content in order to get more of the Azerite currency?

Do you guys even think about these changes?

You have no idea what you're talking about, this is an amazing change and greatly improves game play.
10/19/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Slamitnerd
Let me get this straight, 2-3 weeks for the same chance at a random azerite I have every week right now, and significantly more for a targeted azerite? So what, that's like 1.5 months per targeted Azerite piece, 3 slots means about 5 months to get a full set of targeted Azerite. Assuming none of my Azerite traits get randomly hotfix nerfed mid tier and set me back to square one I can expect to barely complete my full set of Azerite gear in time for progress on the NEXT tier, not to mention progressing the 8.1 tier. On top of this, is a M0 world tour and every single raid on LFR, Normal, Heroic and Mythic now mandatory weekly content in order to get more of the Azerite currency?

Do you guys even think about these changes?

Of course they do. They think "how can we make it look like we're giving players what they want without actually doing it".
Cannot wait to farm m0's and raids for azerite pieces to scrap.
This, this is why we love you Blizz, when you actually listen <3
I hope you record some metrics on how many rng boxes are purchased vs how many wait an extra week (or whatever) to buy the item they actually want.

My guess is that the ratio will skew heavily towards the items even for casuals.

Would love to see the numbers, even if I'm wrong.
Awesome, great, now, can we get the PvP vendors back too?

(maybe listen to us during beta next time, instead of waiting 2 months post launch to fix problems that were pointed out months before launch).
10/19/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Encumber
So you are killing raiding?
You can scrap all the azerite from raids and get currency as well.
10/19/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Encumber
So you are killing raiding?

Mythic plus is a alternative to raiding
The item levels you used were just for the 8.0 sake, right? Because no one is going to want lower-level item level stuff like that in 8.1.
Thank you for FINALLY LISTENING BLIZZ!!!!!!!
10/19/2018 03:28 PMPosted by Jalen
10/19/2018 03:05 PMPosted by Doritocrunch
Need something similar for pvp as well.

Well, they did say you'll be able to break down the Azerite pieces you get normally into the currency via the scrapper as well, so all that gear that is next to worthless you get doing Arenas and BGs will feed into this system.

That being said, the currency should absolutely also be contained in the weekly PvP chest.
Please add a small amount of this currency to Random Heroic Dungeons like Valor Points in the past.
Thank you!
Proud of you bliz.
Would we be able to trade Sanguicell and Hydrocore for this currency? Right now they seem useless for most professions.
Why don't you just use Sanguicells that are now useless in some professions anyway
Good thing I haven't scrapped my 3 spare 355 azerite shoulders yet
How is this going to work in 8.1 when it comes to trading max ilvl azerite pieces vs raid pieces with azerite traits?

The answer is going to be "sim it", but here's a hypothetical. Let's pretend like this current raid tier has this dilemma:

A. I get a 385 chest piece from the vendor.

B. I get a 370 chest drop from an Uldir boss with a specific row of Azerite traits only available for raid pieces.

Blizzard - you stated you wanted a clear indication for players that ilvl is above all else (obviously this isn't the case already, but for this example let's stick to that philosophy), if this is the case.. isn't it going to feel bad for players to have no clear indication in-game to decide whether an item +15 ilvls higher than a raid piece is better or worse because of a specific set of traits unique to raid drops only?

So which is it? Azerite traits or ilvl is king this expac?
This is a great step in the right direction, but might need some extra tweaks too.

-why not reward greatly reduced amounts of the currency from individual mythic plus runs in addition to the weekly, following the same "scaling with higher keystone" model? If the target audience trying to home-in on a specific piece of dungeon azerite is expected to pay a premium, then they're likely more willing to put in the time to grind mythic plus runs for it. This would also, in theory, result in higher participation rates of high level keystones. That being said, the amount dropped per dungeon would have to be low enough to not feel like a mandatory grind, but high enough that someone close to a purchase could reasonably run, say, 7-8 dungeons at maybe 12+ to acquire the last bit they need.

-Not sure what can be done to prevent scumbags being scumbags, but it's possible that someone could try to lay claim to an azerite piece from raid that they don't really need just for the purpose of getting a little bit further ahead in currency. This may not be an actual concern once we see how much a piece gives vs the purchase price, but is something to consider

-How does this system interact with pvp? Will they also receive currency from the weekly conquest cache? Is it necessarily fair that they can get access to dungeon gear by pvp'ing, if so? (conversely, is it fair/valid for currency from dungeon runs to possibly buy pvp azerite?)