Mythic+ Azerite Armor Improvements

Tides of Vengeance PTR General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 27 Next
Hey! Will the item level of purchasable pieces be increasing in season 2/raid opening? I'm worried that this will leave people worse off than just getting random pieces from the box since 410/425 azerite peices will be from raids only.
10/19/2018 03:28 PMPosted by Zorkei
You have no idea what you're talking about, this is an amazing change and greatly improves game play.

Anytime there is an opportunity to players to farm a currency, they will do it. So what he's saying is this change does give players a way to target something, but unless you want it to take months, your best bet to accrue enough currency for those premium i385 items (or whatever the 8.1 tier equivalent will be) is to farm all the different tiers of content where Azerite gear drops, because the more you shard the more currency you'll get in the shortest amount of time.

See below:
10/19/2018 03:38 PMPosted by Ginvite
So reliably getting this currency requires us to scrap epic Azerite pieces, which still don't drop from M+ end chests themselves. So we're better off running Mythic 0 and Raids below our curreny level in order to acquire azerite pieces to DE in order to get our Mythic+ azerite pieces?

Am I missing something here? How is this a good system?
time to save my 355 azerite! GAMERS RISE UP
So reliably getting this currency requires us to scrap epic Azerite pieces, which still don't drop from M+ end chests themselves. So we're better off running Mythic 0, Raids (including LFR) and Warfronts (maybe even farm the rares) basically everything EXCEPT Mythic+ in order to acquire azerite pieces to DE in order to get our Mythic+ azerite pieces?

Am I missing something here? How is this a good system?
About time, this is a great change.
This is a welcome change.

This brings up another question: Will the new currency only come from scrapping/DEing "season 2" azerite in 8.1, or should we start saving the 340s, 355s, 370s, and 385s we get now?
10/19/2018 03:31 PMPosted by Makhaar
Well, they did say you'll be able to break down the Azerite pieces you get normally into the currency via the scrapper as well, so all that gear that is next to worthless you get doing Arenas and BGs will feed into this system.

That being said, the currency should absolutely also be contained in the weekly PvP chest.

Thing is, the chance of ever getting a random azerite piece from doing pvp is super rare, I've played tons of games and haven't gotten a single piece of azerite gear from it Besides the one you get from weekly cap that was guaranteed.
10/19/2018 03:05 PMPosted by Doritocrunch
Need something similar for pvp as well.
^ This.

But this is a fantastic step in the right direction.
Thank you Blizzard.
One thing I notice right away though is that you keep mentioning 385 despite talking about Tides of Vengeance.
I REALLY hope that's an oversight in some way and not that you are either capping gear at 385 still from M+ or not extrapolating this onto the 415s or whatever will come from Mythic quality raiding in the new raid.
WOOOWO OO
10/19/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Teranoid
Hey imagine that I now will have tangible rewards that I can work towards!

What a concept!

Edit: So also what you're saying is "restore all my sharded/vendored epic azerite pieces now" right

[/quote]

You mean you didn't already restore it like, right now?
I'm going to make the suggestion that instead of creating a new currency entirely for the vendors, just implement doubloons as the required currency. Warfronts have been another big gripe players have had with BFA so far, and adding more value to doubloons beyond just some cheesy consumables would greatly benefit the Warfront system.

It fits with the expansion theme, adds more weight to a new feature you guys clearly put some love into, and would push people into the higher tiers of the Warfronts for greater rewards.
10/19/2018 03:28 PMPosted by Zorkei
You have no idea what you're talking about, this is an amazing change and greatly improves game play.

How? A random piece of Azerite every 2-3 weeks is about the same chance we have right now, and a random piece is still likely to be !@#$ing worthless. The big change is the ability to target pieces, and being able to target a piece being a "Long term goal" compared to the random ~3 weeks puts it on such a long timescale you'll barely be able to finish your BIS set before the next raid comes out and makes it useless.
One piece of randomly generated Azerite gear every 2-3 weeks, or 6-9 weeks for all three suboptimal pieces. Or 12-18 weeks for 2 specs of suboptimal pieces.

The targeted pieces being some ridiculous number of weeks extra per piece, per spec.

What a joke.

Give us rewards we can achieve faster if we commit more time to them.
Couple quick clarifications based on feedback so far:
  • Only Azerite Armor that drops after Tides of Vengeance is released will scrap/disenchant into the new currency. Don't worry about hoarding the Azerite pieces you're earning now.
  • When the next Mythic+ season starts, and item levels increase, the item levels of Thaumaturge Vashreen's wares will increase accordingly.
  • We recognize that PvPers want more options and choice too. We're talking about that separately.

What a concept!

Edit: So also what you're saying is "restore all my sharded/vendored epic azerite pieces now" right

If this change is hitting the PTR for 8.1, it's unlikely that it will impact the current patch and would only apply to season 2 rewards. Some clarity here would be nice, though.
HEY I heard - PVP VENDORS from everything you typed right!!!!
PVP VENDORS -PVP VENDOR - PVP VENDORS -
The problems here are massive. We're now incentivized to run boring, 0 challenge content far below our gear level (M0, previous raids on every difficulty + current raid on LFR/Normal) to slightly speed up our gearing. When I get a duplicate/non upgrade 385 Azerite piece from a raid boss I'll feel bad about trading it to someone who needs it because it could put me a few days closer to my BIS. The massive timescale for targeting means if I buy a targeted piece with my BIS trait and that trait gets nerfed shortly after I'll feel like I just threw away months of work. This is a disaster waiting to happen.
10/19/2018 03:45 PMPosted by Kaethoren

What a concept!

If this change is hitting the PTR for 8.1, it's unlikely that it will impact the current patch and would only apply to season 2 rewards. Some clarity here would be nice, though.
Aaaaand immediately clarified just before I posted.

Couple quick clarifications based on feedback so far:
Only Azerite Armor that drops after Tides of Vengeance is released will scrap/disenchant into the new currency. Don't worry about hoarding the Azerite pieces you're earning now.
When the next Mythic+ season starts, and item levels increase, the item levels of Thaumaturge Vashreen's wares will increase accordingly.
We recognize that PvPers want more options and choice too. We're talking about that separately.