Mythic+ Azerite Armor Improvements

Tides of Vengeance PTR General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 27 Next
10/19/2018 03:43 PMPosted by Lore
We recognize that PvPers want more options and choice too. We're talking about that separately.

Vendors?
Only Azerite Armor that drops after Tides of Vengeance is released will scrap/disenchant into the new currency. Don't worry about hoarding the Azerite pieces you're earning now.

Gonna hoard anyway just in case /shrug
why wasnt something like this set from the start... this is a great change, but maybe just too late
10/19/2018 03:47 PMPosted by Shauleynna
Gonna hoard anyway just in case /shru

you really believe this change will be retroactive after people have already pounded out warfronts and other azerite drop locations for 2 months?
10/19/2018 03:01 PMPosted by Lore
We’re still nailing down the exact numbers, but our goal for tuning this new currency is that you’ll be able to purchase one of the Azerite caches that lines up roughly with the item level of the gear you’re getting from your Mythic+ runs every two or three weeks, with the specific 385 pieces as long-term goals for top players.

So you're making it worse, got it.
I don't get why everyone is celebrating.

If you're looking at targeted Azerite pieces, yes you'll get it eventually but the amount of time invested is insanely high. While better than before, this hardly fixes the flaws inherent to the Azerite system.

If you're playing more than one spec and want optimal pieces, it's unrealistic. You're going to see new patches before that's even feasible. Possibly a new expansion as well.

This is assuming you're running M10+, which I assume a large majority of the people here don't. What is the expected rate for new pieces for the average? Certainly much higher than 2-3 weeks.

The only way this system is 100% better is if the current system remains with this added onto it. Then you'd get a chance of getting your optimal piece + if you don't, you can scrap it for currency.
10/19/2018 03:49 PMPosted by Nzhuv

you really believe this change will be retroactive after people have already pounded out warfronts and other azerite drop locations for 2 months?

They've made mistakes before
10/19/2018 03:49 PMPosted by Nzhuv

How many times did they say that emissary chests from the previous patch wouldn't have a chance at new legos in legion? How many times was it actually true?
I would really like it if the currency could also drop from M+ runs themselves, even in a small amount. Otherwise it will still feel about the same in regards to Azerite acquisition for M+ as it already does in terms of time-length/patience needed.
Couple quick clarifications based on feedback so far:
  • Only Azerite Armor that drops after Tides of Vengeance is released will scrap/disenchant into the new currency. Don't worry about hoarding the Azerite pieces you're earning now.
  • When the next Mythic+ season starts, and item levels increase, the item levels of Thaumaturge Vashreen's wares will increase accordingly.
  • We recognize that PvPers want more options and choice too. We're talking about that separately.

You said the same thing in legion, about emissary boxes not containing new legendaries. BUT THEY DID. I think ill hoard my azerite because I can't trust you not to be lying or just simply incompetent.
Also, keep in mind no cost has been decided yet. Higher level caches of what is still RNG rewards will cost "significantly more" than lower level caches. And on top of that, the 385 pieces will be at a premium.

Makes me think of the corrupted dreadwing mount from Order of Awakened, and the 150000 crystal cost it carried. Will sharding yield this new currency in 1000's like some WoD activities did, or in 100s like most Azerite activites do now?

Will be interesting to see what their initial costs are, how quickly players begin to generate currency on the PTR. I would estimate it's going to take weeks of just adjusting the numbers to get something that fits their timetable.

This is still an improvement over what exists now, giving players some measure of choice and goal. However, all the unknowns present a potential pitfall.
Stop with RNG Loot Blizzard. Nothing good can come of this.
Players want to be able to target the gear they need.

We don't want random gear given to us. It takes away goal oriented players seeking to optimize there character not waste there time on a weekly basis opening an RNG chest.

I myself do not understand why you guys insist on an RNG loot system, Players of the game have been telling you this for over 5 years now and every time you guys double down on it. STOP.

WE DO NOT LIKE RNG LOOT SYSTEMS. PERIOD.
Ok, before people rejoice blindly, here are some questions:

1) If this is only going to be introduced in the patch, is the gear currently obtainable going to provide currency or just the post patch drops?

2) Is there going to be a cap tied to this currency?

3) You mention azerite gear up to 385, but isn't the new azerite gear going to scale up on item level? Is this a case where the usual sources will be providing 400 ilvl azerite gear, but we'll be limited on buying something of a lower ilevel? Essentially having the same shortcomings of your "emissary solution".
10/19/2018 03:52 PMPosted by Ohmother
Stop with RNG Loot Blizzard. Nothing good can come of this.
Players want to be able to target the gear they need.

that's literally the whole point of this post, its a way for people to target specific azerite gear

10/19/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Taraldor
Ok, before people rejoice blindly, here are some questions:

1) If this is only going to be introduced in the patch, is the gear currently obtainable going to provide currency or just the post patch drops?

2) Is there going to be a cap tied to this currency?

3) You mention azerite gear up to 385, but isn't the new azerite gear going to scale up on item level? Is this a case where the usual sources will be providing 400 ilvl azerite gear, but we'll be limited on buying something of a lower ilevel? Essentially having the same shortcomings of your "emissary solution".

hit the "next blue post" button bud
Good idea but too limited in scope. We have almost no agency to what loot we want right now aside from trying out the content we can at every opportunity.

We need a way to aim for other gear and this would be an asset to every kind of player, not only azerite pieces and mythic+ players.

Those are just more clearly an issue, but it happens in other types of end game content as well, meanwhile mythic+ offer unequaled amount of attempts toward a medium number of gear drops
  • Only Azerite Armor that drops after Tides of Vengeance is released will scrap/disenchant into the new currency. Don't worry about hoarding the Azerite pieces you're earning now.
  • When the next Mythic+ season starts, and item levels increase, the item levels of Thaumaturge Vashreen's wares will increase accordingly.
  • We recognize that PvPers want more options and choice too. We're talking about that separately.

Thank you
10/19/2018 03:51 PMPosted by Millip
I think ill hoard my azerite because I can't trust you not to be lying or just simply incompetent

Y'know, there are ways to disagree without being insulting. Just a thought.

Real, honest to God vendors, or riot.
The good ones with real conq points and real honor points.

I want to plateau on my gear in RBGs because only at that plateau do i feel like it's fair.
10/19/2018 03:05 PMPosted by Doritocrunch
Need something similar for pvp as well.
this!
Will there be a currency reset when season one ends and the next season begins or will we be able to carry some over?