Halloween

Movies, TV and Entertainment
Standard slasher flick. Slightly above average as far as slasher flicks go. Definitely not worth re-writing forty years of storyline for.

It was a combination of the plots of Halloween 4 and H20. Not nearly as good as H20. The only twist was that Jamie Lee Curtis had that whole Linda Hamilton T2 thing going on.

Anyone else see it differently?
I hate horror movies honestly. sorry i have nothing to contribute... just that i dont like them so much. they just seem way too far beyond realistic and the whole jump scare - blow the speakers crap is juvenile.
10/25/2018 03:14 AMPosted by Kendamd
I hate horror movies honestly. sorry i have nothing to contribute... just that i dont like them so much. they just seem way too far beyond realistic and the whole jump scare - blow the speakers crap is juvenile.

Not all horror movies use blasting sounds to scare you. Those kind of movies are garbage.

The Thing, The Exorcist, The Descent and Annihilation all gave me the heebie jeebies without blowing my eardrums out.

They all played to real fears that people deal with every day. The Thing was about paranoia, Exorcist was religion, Descent was claustrophobia and Annihilation was cancer.

Edit: forgot my other two horror movies!

Alien and Terminator were scary to me also because they reminded me of those nightmares people can have where they’re trying to run away from something but they’re going in slow motion.

Off topic: The sequel to both of those are good but I think they leave the scifi-horror genre and cross into scfi-action. I think that makes them worse than original even though they are enjoyable movies.
10/25/2018 03:14 AMPosted by Kendamd

That's just it; the original Halloween is nothing of what you described. It didn't rely on loud sounds or things flying onto the screen to make you jump. It relied on the buildup of suspense in each scene, character development, and music to set the tone (a musical score which is second only to Jaws in the way it affected the audience). The original Halloween is the Holy Grail of horror films. I suggest you watch it because it really was a masterpiece of a movie.

Don't bother with those two pieces of garbage remakes that Rob Zombie made. They were nothing but sudden loud sounds. And of course lets not forget his wife dancing around a stripper pole and skipping around with a white horse (what???).
It was okay... didnt like the scene where he killed the kid.
Anything can be made into Horror Movies:

The Conjuring had an Evil Doll, the Nun and the Crooked Man.

Insidious had the Lipstick-Face Demon and the Bride in Black.

Pan's Labyrinth had the Pale Man.

Hellboy had the Angel of Death.

The Ring had the Waterlogged Ghost Girl Samara Morgan and the Unearthly Grey Ghost Girl with Blackened Fingers Sadako.

The Grudge had the Bleeding Ghost Woman Kayako.

The Thing had The Thing.

It had It.

Nightmare on Elm Street had Freddie.

Friday the 13th had the Hockey Masked Jason.

I dare say WoW could provide multiple Horror Movie villains who could each be the main villain of their own film(in otherwords multiple Scourge Movies, multiple Drustvar Movies, multiple Legion Movies, multiple Titan Movies and multiple Old God Movies)!
My brother and I used to go to the haunted house event in our town and then go home and watch the Halloween movies on HBO, my brother is gone now, so it's a fun memory for me. I might watch the new one, not sure yet.

10/28/2018 12:08 AMPosted by Yvenathilm
Anything can be made into Horror Movies:

The movies that scared the crap out of me were the Hellraiser series, I saw them in the theatres, then when I was older I was watching one on TV and I kept having nightmares about pinhead and that damn box, I pretty much stopped watching them after that. The scariest movies I watched were the Tremors type movies from then on lol.
I actually liked the new Halloween. It was more brutal than the original Halloween movie.

That last scene though. Michael Myers last vision was symbolic as a view straight out of hell.
I liked "Scream" better than "Halloween".
It is what I was looking for in a “sequel “. It wasn’t perfect. I didn’t like some of the supporting cast. The important part to me was that I care about Laurie, and feel Michael was threatening. To me, Michael felt like a true monster.
My favorite part was the long tracking shot when he got to the baby crib. The whole theater gasped, you weren’t sure if he would or wouldn’t.
As a fan of Halloween, highly recommended