Remove Mana Burn

Arenas
10/23/2018 02:26 AMPosted by Ricochèt
10/23/2018 02:15 AMPosted by Lemarky

False.

Rmp was strong yes, but best SINCE implies that it was the best comp from BC to now which is Stupid.

Actually no it is not false

How is RMP the best from BC to now if they haven't won every worlds tournament? Last finals didn't have RMP in either side. It's always been strong but it's not the best lol
10/23/2018 01:19 AMPosted by Guldalina
Bads are the only ones that get mana burned.

It's pretty much this, watch the arena tournaments where the healer get mana burned over and over every game, how did these people get invites, clearly carried by their DPS.
And if you kite the DH, who is about as easy as a DK to kite, if not easier

Ok that's enough arena forums for today.
10/23/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Amoring
<span class="truncated">...</span>

How is RMP the best from BC to now if they haven't won every worlds tournament? Last finals didn't have RMP in either side. It's always been strong but it's not the best lol

Well to be fair it's generally had really powerful performances in online tournaments or just the meta, really the issue is that RMPs will choke/just not play optimally without addons on LAN. Also to be fair last years winners technically did play Rogue Mage, but they also played 80 other comps and to counter DH hunter, they just played WW arcane for as much mobility possible to never die.

But with addons rogue mage has pretty consistently dominated. No DR trackers on LANs just leads to Blizzcon mistakes/chokes (i.e the year joefernandez/boetar/swapxy won, they all agreed and the RM teams that it was a choke loss - plus the RMs would always stomp the same turbo in every online event).

I know this post was off topic though. Just pointing out that the argument of no Blizzcon wins for RM doesn't mean it hasn't been extremely powerful.
10/23/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Amoring
10/23/2018 02:26 AMPosted by Ricochèt

Do not throw tournament representation at me. The tournament is 8 dam teams. Anyone who uses a tournament as an example has no ammo in this fight. They literally show nothing and 9/10 times are a horrible showing for the game due to various bugs and balance issues. Also yes rogue mage has won plenty of tournaments

Rogue Mage literally runs the ladder right now and is the only comp to stand the test of time. Rogue/Mage/Priest or Pal 100% is the best overall comp in history
10/23/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Orphanchild
And if you kite the DH, who is about as easy as a DK to kite, if not easier

Ok that's enough arena forums for today.

I mean. If you are saying that then you how clue how hard it is to keep up with a DK.

Sure DH has mobility spells. But DK has death’s advance and a 70% 8 sec snare

Pretty dam sure that is way worse then having a DH fly at you then lose ground due to a snare....
10/22/2018 11:07 PMPosted by Martyrofsand
Jesus what I would give to get my OG Mana Burn back and for Warlocks to get their Mana Drain back.

DH/Disc/Affliction would be a brutal and hilarious mana drain comp. Oh well I can dream.

brah where muh old viper sting?
10/23/2018 09:09 AMPosted by Hellgrom

brah where muh old viper sting?

You just had to dig up all those memories I had repressed of insta-cast mana drains I could do nothing about didn't you >.<
10/23/2018 12:13 AMPosted by Serrow
10/22/2018 09:22 PMPosted by Sauls
no counter play.

Have you tried playing Relentless? Or Orc? Literally both those things will shut down their stun/burn set-ups. Or just don't stand in it.

If they are going Healer then you should be peeling and doing ENOUGH damage to force their defensive CD's so they can't focus on burning, and the healer obviously won't be getting stun/burned nearly as much.

If the healer is getting stun/burned but not getting trained, just run relentless and you'll be fine.

If the healer is standing in the burn outside of stuns, find a new healer.

Did you know DH's get shut down by roots/snares? Amazing right.
well actually orc doesnt get you out of the stun in time. also relentless and orc dont stack soooo
OP is not wrong.

Leave it to dillon to derail a legitimate topic on stupidity of manaburn into how RMP is magically the same thing as ww/arcane/rdruid. lol...

dillon u seem salty about RMP, queing as jungle?

no DR trackers hurt RMP on LAN but no more than just the fact that executing RMP cleanly on LAN is not easy with noise/pressure.
10/28/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Zvën
OP is not wrong.

Leave it to dillon to derail a legitimate topic on stupidity of manaburn into how RMP is magically the same thing as ww/arcane/rdruid. lol...

dillon u seem salty about RMP, queing as jungle?

no DR trackers hurt RMP on LAN but no more than just the fact that executing RMP cleanly on LAN is not easy with noise/pressure.

Someone else derailed, I answered to that? We all know mana rift is dumb anyways.

I never said rogue mage and ww mage were the same thing, I had said ABC was a team that played rogue mage but also 80 different comps (hence niksi playing WW for 5 minutes and winning finals b/c he's an insane multiclasser).

Not sure why you'd mention the last part? I never left out people choking. LAN with no DR tracker's is extra info missing that doesn't make your game clean and it's easier to mess up too under pressure of others.

Also not salty about RM lol, although I have always found it funny that for some reason every one that plays rogue mage thinks it's a bad comp and no one else can play it besides Mathematicians and Scientists.
wrong. pruning is not the answer.
Give priests mana burn back instead
10/28/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Mordredxyz
wrong. pruning is not the answer.
Give priests mana burn back instead

oh boy idk how i feel bout this, but at least priests had to cast manaburn then IIRC. didnt hunters and warlocks have some form of mana drain too? Maybe a slipperly slope handing out manaburns again, but id be more for that then only DHs having it.

Then again they did start handing out mortal strike effects to classes like candy /shrug. i doubt we'll see mana burns to the extent of tbc/wrath but good god DH manaburn is probably more oppressive than the ol sheit.
= didnt hunters and warlocks have some form of mana drain too?
Ye drain mana was G but can't have nice things unless you're a rogue mage or dh.

The irony is that locks not only lost drain mana but thank's to bfa class design also became beyond vulnerable to it.
Faced some smart !@# dh yesterday that would use drain mana on me and once I was oom his team would throw absolutely every bit of cc and damage at my healer and I couldn't even peel because fear costs 5 chimptillion mana.