HUGE New 8.1 DK PvP Changes

Death Knight
Prev 1 3 4 5
How many people in this thread actually know how Death's Advance works? I'm starting to think no one reads their tooltips.

Death's Advance's passive makes it the best mobility tool we have. Death's Advance + Chains of Ice makes unholy capable of kiting, or catching, any other class in the game. That's the most effective mobility we've had in a long time.

Unholy, and DK's in general, may lack burst mobility and mobility cooldowns, but I would take what we have (CoI + DA) over the mobility tools of most other melee classes in the game.
10/28/2018 03:52 AMPosted by Vadrenz
Unholy, and DK's in general, may lack burst mobility and mobility cooldowns, but I would take what we have (CoI + DA) over the mobility tools of most other melee classes in the game.

DK rep/performance in pvp proves this to be sound logic.

Grip/Chains aren't mobility, or psudo-Mobility. They are forms of Crowd Control, more accurately zone control albet watered down and dry.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/mobility

mobility
NOUN
mass noun
1The ability to move or be moved freely and easily.

For any idiots that think Grip/chains are mobility there we go. The actual definition. Doesn't matter what you WANT them to be; they aren't mobility. Death's advance contributes to our mobility but unlike the old one it doesn't remove root effects anymore so it isn't TRUE mobility.

Fel Rush, Heroic Leap, Blink, Shadow Step, Warlock Gate are all mobility. Chains/Grip not mobility.

Oh, btw Unholy Prez/Seal of the Crusader (or w/e the pally movement speed aura was called) were both removed because it made them too mobile and would cause massive issues with group travel. The group would end up spread out all over because the DK/Pally in question ran faster than everyone else BASELINE, then you had the aura on top of that. So the Pally/Dk would run through the group, and the group would get a speed buff which they'd lose as soon as the dk was out of range.

I actually remember posts from people whining in random bg's because they couldn't kill a DK/Pally who was mounted while they were playing their hunter/mage or w/e.
10/27/2018 04:52 PMPosted by Inemia
Riptor and Molecula took that and decided to have a personal rant that did nothing but expose how little they understand about pvp.

Don't make false statements about the class on the class forum, and you won't be called out on it. Pretty simple.

You spout nonsense about being faster because of chains and a passive run speed increase, and yet most of the classes you would be chasing after (or running away from) with these "advantages", have anti-snare/root breaking counters that completely voids your own logic, and in fact, makes THEM more mobile, ie puts them completely out of your range.

Druids, could easily counter chains.. so could Mages, so could Hunters, so could Rogues, and Paladins, and Monks, and Demon Hunters.. even Warriors with charge and leap, can get far enough away to drop combat and mount or catch to you from a mile away.

"But those are cooldowns" you say.. and chains isn't a cooldown?...

Take chains away, and DK is a fat kid 40 yards behind everyone else. Add chains, which is a cooldown, now we add everyone else's cooldowns, and when you do that *spoiler alert*, DK is one of the slowest classes in the game.

It's really sad that this even has to be explained to you.
I wont say i hate them because i dont but i wouldve liked to see some more frost changes
10/28/2018 04:45 AMPosted by Razeal
Blink

the funny thing is that in a distance run, spamming blink on cooldown was no faster than UH presence and didn't help mages escape. the only class that could reliably escape a UHDK was a druid. so 1 class more mobile, 9 than weren't, but apparently we were the slowest thing in the game, lol.

10/28/2018 07:53 AMPosted by Riptor
Don't make false statements about the class on the class forum, and you won't be called out on it.

no tard, you went off on a tangent preaching about "gamers like you are ruining the game" when it had nothing to do with this thread or even anything i said. aspects i talked about in pvp are valid for every class, DH isn't the only class that does a tactical retreat or uses movement to its advantage. if anything you use movement to counter them. but you're stuck on some point you are wrong about and too shortsighted to see it.

im also not going to disregard 10 years of playing DK just because you guys say im wrong, i know better than to let people gaslight me. besides, i have a NAS full of fraps videos to reference to keep my sanity.
Everyone needs to chill. We are getting some decent looking buffs.

Lets just all pray they give buffs to our festering strike and Clawing Shadow damage. Also please put bursting sores back to 50%
spamming blink on cooldown was no faster than UH presence and didn't help mages escape.

No, that would be roots, snares and poly. The only way to reliably stay on a mage was to steal blink with Dark Sim after forcing it with chains, if you used grip to close gap before you saw blink you were boned. In pvp you needed to save Strang for when the mage was going to use block, back in the day. Later on in MOP you needed to spam purge and kick them on frost, you didn't need the silence to kill with all the Icy touch dispels.

but apparently we were the slowest thing in the game, lol.

Not even close, but these clowns won't understand that. Especially the few Tide pod eating millenials we have in here.
Death and Decay Necrotic Strike now also hits 3 targets.

https://ptr.wowhead.com/death-knight-changes-tides-of-vengeance

That didn't last long.
i see unholy changes any real good news for frost dks??
10/30/2018 02:02 PMPosted by Tartaruhs
i see unholy changes any real good news for frost dks??

Yeah, your spec hasn't been deleted yet.
So far from what I've seen, my prediction is that once 8.1 actually rolls around not much will have changed #s wise for unholy and frost aside from a bit more health. It's disappointing.
According to the most recent patch notes, Frostwyrms Fury had its damage reduced by 10%. This is silly considering how long the cooldown on the ability is. Even at 1min, I'm not sure it doing 300% AP damage would have been OP.
These late PTR builds are worrying to me as a 10 year DK main. Nothing is really changing and for Frost, seems we're taking steps back now. No major mechanical changes and no meaningful, thought out buffs or alterations.

I don't like to say the sky is falling, but there can't be that many more builds. I'm worried.
I agree. They're too focused on PvP for starters, but they've also left Frost high and dry for the most part. The unholy changes look good and most feel within character for the spec. But Frost could really use some help in PvP.

And while Frost may be competitive in PvE overall, it really needs to see its dependence on breath removed and unholy needs a fair bit of improvement as well.
Life and Death has been nerfed already bu 1/3 and looks like lichborne RP walk was slightly reduced.

I can get behind both changes. I'd sill like to see the lichborne slow removed though. I don't see why I would take it over transfusion unless I needed the low CD CC breaks.