New Achievement: The Adventure Isn't Over!

Pet Battles
Elekk Plushie needs your help, it dreams of being a true battle pet. It has helped the Heroes of Azeroth to conquer the trainers across the lands of Azeroth and beyond in it's "Awfully Big Adventure." Now it is time for Elekk Plushie to face off against it's greatest challenge yet, the true Masters of the Pet Battling, the Heroes of Azeroth!

Join me in my crusade to get Elekk Plushie into the fray once more. The new achievement would be called "An Awfully Scary Adventure." In this achievement Elekk Plushie must be in a PVP team in which the player wins 10 matches.

* This idea came to me after I was experimenting with different teams. I have won with Elekk Plushie in my PVP team at least four times thus far. It is a challenge but it is good fun trying to figure out ways in which to include Elekk Plushie in PVP Pet Battles.
I like that idea ;)
YES this is GREAT idea! Will also be really hard PVP one i'd put one for 10 such wins and one for 50 such wins (which could easily take 2-500 attempts)
Isn't the Plushie team what people use to win PvP by making opponent get bored and quit ?
10/25/2018 09:44 AMPosted by Kurashi
Join me in my crusade to get Elekk Plushie into the fray once more. The new achievement would be called "An Awfully Scary Adventure." In this achievement Elekk Plushie must be in a PVP team in which the player wins 10 matches.

No. This is a terrible idea. The Elekk Plushie Adventure quest has nothing to do with PvP.

10/25/2018 08:03 PMPosted by Anesthetize
Isn't the Plushie team what people use to win PvP by making opponent get bored and quit ?

No, that's the Singing Sunflower team.
10/25/2018 09:44 AMPosted by Kurashi

No. This is a terrible idea. The Elekk Plushie Adventure quest has nothing to do with PvP.

This. So much this. Please dear god developers do not do this.

I'd support an "Awfully Scary Adventure" though, where they make it an achievement to beat the Legion and BFA tamers with an Elekk Plushie in your party.

Even an "AwFELly Dangerous Adventure" achievement where you have to beat the Fel Pets of Tanaan and the Fel Pets of Argus with it in your party.

But dear god, not a PvP one. ELEKK PLUSHIE DOES NOT BELONG IN PVP. PERIOD.
I agree with Loncis and Maizou; Elekk Plushie does not belong in pvp.
There is an achievement called "No Time to Heal". In this achievement, a player must win 5 consecutive pet battles without losing a pet. Imagine teams that are able to pull off said achievement and apply strategies like those with the Elekk Plushie.

Elekk Plushie has the highest amount of hp with a whopping 2,537. Also, it is a magic type so it provides a sponge against teams that deliver large damaging hits.

I have won with an Elekk Plushie multiple times... I saw it as something fun to do while challenging as it puts the user at a disadvantage. Be creative guys, with over 1,070 pets, there is a lot that we can do. Don't be so close minded.

Be like the Elekk, Dream Big!
Honestly, I don't care if someone wants an Elekk Plushie achievement in PvP. I think it's silly, but to each his own. Elekk Plushie does have some advantages. As a Magic Pet, it cannot be killed in less than three shots. And I'd be hard-pressed to find a pet that could actually do it in only three shots, as Elekk Plushie has, by far, the largest healthpool of any pet. It also gets free swaps, plus it has a 25% dodge ability.

However, An Awfully Big Adventure was related to using Elekk Plushie to defeat NPC Pet Battle Masters. If there is a Part II to this achievement, it ought to continue on this theme. I like Maizou's suggestions to use it against the Legion, BfA and New Tanaan Battle Masters.

Addendum: I should point out, as a mostly non-PvP pet battler, I'm not as invested in PvP as some are. PvP pet battlers probably feel more of a sense of obligation to complete PvP pet battle achievements than I do. So, if I say I couldn't care less if there's an achievement related to this, that's because I don't feel any compulsion to go out and complete it if the achievement did exist. Except, perhaps, if there was a cool pet involved...like Trunks isn't.

The only point I want to make is that if PvPers object to the creation of this achievement, then you should listen to them. I have no stake in this debate, other than it should be called something unrelated to "An Awfully Big Adventure."
I practically have every achievement when it comes to pet battles.... I originally used an Elekk Plushie to be funny as the opposing team losing to a team with an Elekk Plushie essentially lost to two pets rather than three. It was difficult but not impossible. So I thought it could be a challenging achievement.

A friend of mine and myself came up with an idea of bringing Una and the Plushie together. In this story line you teach Una to train and defend battle pets and after the quest she would get her very own Plushie she would hold when she was out.

There are so many possibilities if you would only "Dream Big".
I love the idea guys, why not have our cake and eat it too? It could be part of a larger story line surrounding some of our beloved pets.
Many people think pet battling in general is silly. The flak I get for participating in "Poke-WOW" from my guild is rather high at times!

They say I have a problem...
The only problem I really have is that I have only 1018 unique pets and I am missing some...
10/26/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Kurashi
They say I have a problem...

Given your number of consecutive posts in this thread, they could have a point.
10/26/2018 07:23 AMPosted by Disma
I agree with Loncis and Maizou; Elekk Plushie does not belong in pvp.

I concur.

I'll openly admit I don't do PvP pet battles. I've tried, lost them all and they stress me out so I don't do them. I do like the idea of more Plushie stuff regarding Tanaan and Argus (leave BFA out, not near as challenging). And the idea of more Uuna stuff involving the Plushie would be amazing, super cute too.

By all means though if you enjoy using a Plushie in PvP, go for it. But wanting it to be an achievement is asking a bit much in my opinion.

Why not ride via ground mount through every zone with the Plushie or Uuna, "An awfully big road trip", goofy and fun. While also not hair pulling stress inducing rage fueled madness. Or X, Y, heck even Z. But PvP?

Never. And the fact you would want to torment hundreds if not thousands of poor cute lil' Plushies... Bad panda. Bad.
10/26/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Kurashi
I love the idea guys, why not have our cake and eat it too? It could be part of a larger story line surrounding some of our beloved pets.

That cake is not for everyone. I am for having a larger story line surrounding some of our pets but not everyone likes pvp pet battles.
I really like the idea. I don't do many PvP Pet Battles... but I do enjoy figuring out a strategy to capitalize on the strengths of teams. Secondly, I love the story and lore in WoW... if there is even a chance that Uuna's story could expand I'd take it. I recall doing the Celestial Tournament with the Plushie and people thought it was too much. If we can do that then we can do anything.