BlizzCon 2018 Spoilers/Discussion Thread

Wyrmrest Accord
1 2 3 26 Next
CURRENTLY: Opening ceremony and teasers over.

World of Warcraft
- John Hight is the new Executive Producer of World of Warcraft
- Battle for Dazar'Alor
- Darkshore Warfront
- "The Horde will continue Sylvanas' Campaign of Destruction."
- Incursions
- Classic Demo
- Classic Release Date Summer 2019
- Classic subscription included in WoW Retail subscription
- 2018 WoW Charity Pet Whomper, a yeti.. pup? cub? supports Code.org, a non-profit dedicated to expanding computer science, especially among women and minorities.
- New Cinematic: "Lost Honor" Anduin reflecting on what it's taking and will take to stop Sylvanas. Chatting with Saurfang. "WHAT I WANT. Is my HORDE back."
- WarCraft 3: Reforged - Released 2019 - Special edition has tons of stuff for the other games in the Blizzard stable including a Meat Wagon mount for WoW.

Heroes of the Storm
- New unique HotS themed hero "Orphea"
- Janitor skin for Leoric

Hearthstone
- Audio problems. Small indie developer meme confirmed. Skipped to Overwatch.
- Oh we're back now.
- New expansion: Rastakhan's Rumble. Gurubashi Arena / troll themed bash 'em up.
- New Keyword: Overkill. If this kills a minion with more than damage than needed, you get an effect.
- New Card Type: Spirits. 0/3 minions, stealth for one turn, have an ongoing effect.
- New Card Type: Loas. 25 mana cost bruisers, cost X less for Y (displayed: Costs (1) less for each Mana spent on spells.)
- New Single Player Mode: Rumble Run

StarCraft 2
- Zeratul Co-Op Commander

Overwatch
- New Cinematic: "Reunion" McCree underpays for delicious pie. Beats up terrorists led by cowgirl version of new Heroes of the Storm character Orphea although they call her Ashe. Saves EVE from WALL-E.
- New Hero: Elizabeth Ashe, lever-action carrying, shotgun toting, TNT throwing cowgirl gangster.

Diablo
- Mobile Game lol
- Diablo: Immortal
- "A full fledged, action RPG you can play anywhere - with everyone."
- Tyrael shattering the corrupted World Stone creates thousands of mini corruptions for us to fight.
- 20 Years of skirmishes between Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction and Diablo 3. Going to be used to explain the founding moments between the games.
- Gameplay is pretty much Diablo but on the sm0l screen.
- Demon Hunter, Barbarian, Sorcerer, Crusader, Necromancer, Monk
ITT: No Diablo news
The audio is cutting out for Hearthstone. LOL. That kind of sums up my feelings about it lately. And it's kicking back in for Overwatch.
"What I want is my Horde back!"

Bold words for a guy who just let Sylvanas have it and sat in prison for MONTHS after Lordaeron. Piss off, dude.
11/02/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Raynell

Bold words for a guy who just let Sylvanas have it and sat in prison for MONTHS after Lordaeron. Piss off, dude.
He had no backing what was he going to do challenge her to a makgora or whatever? The last 2 times that happened people cheated you don’t think Sylvanas would too? Dudes probably battling some serious geriatric depression too.
11/02/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Raynell

"Not this Horde that tries to kill you all the time, you see, but the other Horde that tries to kill you all the time."

"...what on Earth is the difference to me, then?"

"One tries to kill you in a orcier way. We have to get back to our traditional values, Anduin."
11/02/2018 12:01 PMPosted by Ursuola
"Not this Horde that tries to kill you all the time, you see, but the other Horde that tries to kill you all the time."

"...what on Earth is the difference to me, then?"

"One tries to kill you in a orcier way. We have to get back to our traditional values, Anduin."

If the story never addresses this, I'm going to rip my hair out.

On a completely unrelated note, if anyone knows any good wig brands, hmu.
WARCRAFT 3 REMASTERED. MISS ME WITH THIS WOW CLASSIC STUFF.

Oh man. This is crisp stuff. This is WAY better than the StarCraft Brood War Remaster.

11/02/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Layam
ITT: No Diablo news

Oops. Missed it in my original one after I rolled my eye so hard at J. Allen Brack sounding like he was doing a scripted advertisement for DIABLO 3 ON THE NINTENDIE SWITCH!!!!111one which is the only news we loyalists have had in... well, a while.
I want my Horde back, too, but if my choices are between Sylvanas partisanship for Scourge Lite “Horde” or rehashing the rebellion plot of MoP with an Orc who is already beyond redemption, I think I’d rather just unsubscribe or somehow RP my way out of this hot mess.
11/02/2018 12:16 PMPosted by Opherial
WARCRAFT 3 REMASTERED. MISS ME WITH THIS WOW CLASSIC STUFF.

Oh man. This is crisp stuff. This is WAY better than the StarCraft Brood War Remaster.

Agreed. I've never even played Warcraft 3, but I heard only good things about it.

I'd love it if they made it moddable so you could play OG Dota, too.
Saurfang needs to die.
Guess we’re having a Horde Civil War in this thread. No one is touching a hair on Saurfangs head.
I liked the Lost Honor cinematic because it showed once again that Blizzard cares about developing Anduin as a realistic character with flaws and doubts.

It also showcases the grievous toll this war has had on the Alliance. Despite their small victories, it appears the Alliance is losing the war to Sylvanas.

The segment with Saurfang felt very cheap by comparison, though, because thus far he has done next to nothing to support the views he espouses in the cinematic.
So it's...MoP? What happened to "we absolutely can surprise you?"
Diablo next. I am prepared to be disappointed so hard. OH GOD IT'S GONNA BE MOBILE.
GIB WARCRAFT IIII

11/02/2018 12:23 PMPosted by Ursuola
I'd love it if they made it moddable so you could play OG Dota, too.

"World Editor & Custom Maps
Return to the game that started it all. Discover a vast universe of player-created games, including tower defense, MOBAs, RPGs, survival games, and more—or build your own with the upgraded World Editor."
As quoted from
https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/warcraft-iii-reforged?blzcmp=wcr_shop_hptop
im so sorry for my monkey's paw thread
I didn't know what I was messing with
!@#$
11/02/2018 12:39 PMPosted by Dakama
im so sorry for my monkey's paw thread
I didn't know what I was messing with
!@#$
It’s worse than I imagined ITS A FING PREQUEL AND A MOBILE GAME

Go to hell and not in the fun way Blizz.
Sitting here at work cackling that they actually went and confirmed that Saurfang is working with Anduin directly.

Have they revealed anything about the story going forward yet?

Also "Sylvanas' path of destruction"

Hooooooooo boy
11/02/2018 12:42 PMPosted by Taalva
Sitting here at work cackling that they actually went and confirmed that Saurfang is working with Anduin directly.

Have they revealed anything about the story going forward yet?

No. We're still in the opening bits, basically soft advertisement for upcoming projects but with more details at the individual stages later. TBH I probably won't be able to keep up and will just end up C&Ping the MMO-C thread if people aren't gonna just go to MMO-C.

WarCraft "What's Next?" is in 3 hoursish.