BlizzCon 2018 Spoilers/Discussion Thread

Wyrmrest Accord
Prev 1 21 22 23 26 Next
As an Alliance player, I didn't want this because this is Pandaria all over again. If I wanted to play Pandaria...I'd dang well go and do Pandaria!

I wanted a quiet, decompressed expansion where we could go back to being just adventurers again after being the Chosen One for two expansions. If the faction war flaring up once again was the backdrop by which we could get said "quiet" expansion - both sides aggressively wooing any who would sign up - then so be it.

I didn't expect to see Undercity blighted, Teldrassil burned to the ground, Night Elf Dark Rangers, and Blood Elf Vampires.
11/07/2018 02:53 PMPosted by Vanndrel
I wanted a quiet, decompressed expansion where we could go back to being just adventurers again after being the Chosen One for two expansions. If the faction war flaring up once again was the backdrop by which we could get said "quiet" expansion - both sides aggressively wooing any who would sign up - then so be it.

maybe farmtown is more ur game..........
11/07/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Balghur
maybe farmtown is more ur game..........

hur dur warcraft iz abutt warz hur dur

Seriously dude, I've been with the game on and off since Vanilla. There was no shortage of stuff to do outside the faction war in previous expansions. Everything in BfA is tied to the damn war.

Maybe I'm just projecting my character here, but I'm damn tired of butchering the other guy for daring to wear the wrong color.

This sort of story ought not be acceptable to the Horde, who since Cataclysm have been the narrative whipping boys. Wouldn't it be nice to actually do the Zandalar stuff and be made to feel like the conquering hero without the backdrop of another Warchief committing atrocities?
11/07/2018 02:51 PMPosted by Balghur
11/07/2018 02:47 PMPosted by Kazimor
I have a hard time not hearing "Don't you guys have phones?" when I see the story story updates. They're just so spectacularly out of touch. No one wanted this.

uhm i dont know WHY people are getting angry over this

if you ask me blizzard is a great company that makes EPIC games!!! i mean they made Starcraft and Overwatch!!!!

spending money in cash shops is EPIC if you ask me, only entitled haters are talking about the new Diablo
I was referring to the audience reaction not the merits of the game.

Blizzard not understanding their playerbase enough to foresee that they were about to be booed by a gathering of their most dedicated fans.
11/07/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Kazimor

Blizzard not understanding their playerbase enough to foresee that they were about to be booed by a gathering of their most dedicated fans.

just a bunch of losers!! REAL blizz fans will support the game...
https://youtu.be/AUyFDk6-sJk

*Laughs uncontrollably*
I don't need other people to consider me a real fan.

I'm not going to support garbage and i'm not doing to die on the hill of defending a kerjillion dollar company.

Netease has earned its reputation.
I'm pretty sure he's just being funny. Unless I'm missing you guys being funny back.
No humor allowed.

It is serious time.

How serious?

This serious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH8aXw9Qhzk
11/07/2018 04:54 PMPosted by Zunde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH8aXw9Qhzk

I was hoping it was this.
11/07/2018 12:01 PMPosted by Marsoor
11/07/2018 12:01 PMPosted by Opherial
He's just a world boss. He's "Weakened." Still seems ~kind of irresponsible~ but I'm sure it'll be building up to the Kerrigan 2.0 redemption arc if it was Sylvanas, or they'll just say the Twilight's Hammer suddenly appeared during the Battle for Darkshore and stole a two story tall sword and refugees noticed.

apparently the twilight's hammer did exactly that
I for one accept our highly competent tentacle worshiping overlords.
11/07/2018 04:52 PMPosted by Opherial
I'm pretty sure he's just being funny.

That would imply humorous content which does not exist.
I will follow Malfurion and Tyrande to the ends of the earth. The Horde shall be destroyed. Lay down your arms, Hordelings, and you might find mercy. Or resist, and become the mulch that will nourish our wounded world.
11/07/2018 02:15 PMPosted by Versca
What if I start RPing like I'm Jim from the office and whenever the Horde does batsh!t stuff I will emote looking off screen into a camera.

"Bears. Blight. Battlestar Galakras."

:T
11/08/2018 02:51 AMPosted by Vanndrel
11/07/2018 04:52 PMPosted by Opherial
I'm pretty sure he's just being funny.

That would imply humorous content which does not exist.

He hasn't called you an NPC yet, so hope springs eternal.
Looks like they're expanding on the willing souls bit.

In darkshore, the amount of nelves you raise was lowered, but most of them will refuse and turn into wisps to attack you

Tyrande apparently can give nelves the nw buff, which explains the eye customization and very clearly shows to be wrecking nathanos.

Tyrandes new powers and abiloties also come with a voidy feel and has interesting implications about the nature of elune ( im reminded of the orges visions. Dark swirl lady leading blind sheep)
11/08/2018 07:33 AMPosted by Lamunadra
Looks like they're expanding on the willing souls bit.

In darkshore, the amount of nelves you raise was lowered, but most of them will refuse and turn into wisps to attack you

Tyrande apparently can give nelves the nw buff, which explains the eye customization and very clearly shows to be wrecking nathanos.

Tyrandes new powers and abiloties also come with a voidy feel and has interesting implications about the nature of elune ( im reminded of the orges visions. Dark swirl lady leading blind sheep)

Still doesn't make Delaryn make sense. One would think any rage she felt would be at Arthas 2.0, since she torched Teldrassil to spite Delaryn being a meany face to her.
I just figured Delaryn got blackpilled.
11/08/2018 07:37 AMPosted by Duskharrow

Still doesn't make Delaryn make sense. One would think any rage she felt would be at Arthas 2.0, since she torched Teldrassil to spite Delaryn being a meany face to her.

Im not sure if you read the novella, but there was a bit more to it than that.

Summermoon felt abandoned by elune.(can we say she felt....forsaken?!) She looked at the moons and told elune to turn her face away in shame, that after 10k years of worship, elune didnt save her people (except show tyrande where malf was) i dont think her anger is misplaced, especially in a world where deities are known to manifest.

I hope they explore her decision more in depth
I just want to be like "@Summermooner, we didn't even get the Vindicaar because it would ruin the story they wanted to tell, Elune was a long shot sry."

Proving once again that in the holy war, having Elune on your side isn't as good as having Blizzard on your side.