Your character, Horde, and Saurfang (Spoiler)

Wyrmrest Accord
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
11/04/2018 02:21 PMPosted by Sarestha

OOOOOOOOOOORCS!!!!!

Orcs.
Throm-Ka.
11/04/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Enekie

OOOOOOOOOOORCS!!!!!

Orcs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIu4jUJriUI

OOOOOOOOOOORCS!!!!!

Orcs.

When you italicize it all I can hear is the line from Dawn of War.

"Orcs. /spit. And where there's one there's a hundredofem."
Araghar here will remain loyal to the Horde. He always has. He did not approve of Garrosh, and he doesn't approve of Sylvanas either: But unlike Garrosh, Sylvanas hasn't targeted specific races in the Horde and ostracized them. She is controversial, but she hasn't kicked or singled out any race for hate as Garrosh did the Darkspear.

Together we are the Horde. To leave it would be dishonorable and an affort to all those brothers and sisters in arms that had, and still, die for it.

The Alliance won't let us live even if we change our Warchief. The Horde is all we have.
(Stolen from Zappyboi)

On a meta level though? I hate they made her Warchief. Sylvanas did better work as a general and from the shadows. Putting a controversial figure as Warchief to get people hyped for Legion was just silly-willy-dumb.

Seriously. So many different ways, and more compelling ways, to go. Like, why not have Vol'jin sound a regroup-retreat on the Broken Shore, and only too late realize the battle was lost and simply fled. It would've given the Horde and Alliance an even deeper wound, since the Alliance viewed Vol'jin as Homie'Jin.

We could've expanded Vol'jin's characters, showing that while he was a diplomat and a negotiator, he had to deal with the hand dealt to him. Would add some real moral gray stuff they kept preaching.
11/04/2018 03:02 PMPosted by Balghur

I'd find the Horde storyline infinitely more agreeable if Orcs were more like Orkz. Just as destructive, but you don't have to dedicate half an expansion to their inner turmoil.
Julliven will side with Sylvanas. He owes her his unlife and believes there is only one way to pay that debt. With that said, he would rather side with Saurfang.

Orcs.

Not quite as good visually as the Blizzcon cinematic but so much more satisfying to watch.
11/04/2018 11:43 AMPosted by Vuraka
And what will you do if Sylvanas' Horde wins? At the cost of blighting your family and friends or turning them into abominations? For every soldier lost in this war, Horde or Alliance, Sylvanas' undead numbers grow. Those friends and family you think you're protecting are going to be nothing more than fodder to the Dark Lady, used to contribute to her undead army by either joining it or being used as a fuel source to keep it going.

When all is said and done, how do you think those friends and family will see you, if they make it out alive? Like the war hero you think you'll be, or the monster Sylvanas turned you in to?

The best course of action....no...the only course of action is to dispose of Sylvanas and other blights on the planet. To save the Horde and to save Azeroth. Because if Sylvanas wins, everyone but the undead lose.

"I don't -want- to be a war hero!"

On the other hand of things, if Saurfang really is working with the Alliance, and he does succeed in his coup - The Alliance will come knocking and will want reparations for something that simply cannot be forgiven so soon - they will be on the upper hand of negotiations.

They could very well say 'we want the Eastern Kingdoms completely Alliance. Give up Silvermoon and Quel'danas'. They could ask for Darkshore back and ask for the Barrens in addition. They could very well demand that all Non Neutral party aligned undead be decomissioned and returned to the grave for the closure of living loved ones.

We trade an outward tyrant with one that could simply dismantle our peoples slowly - if Saurfang is indebited to them, and his honor dictates he play nice with the Alliance leadership, we cannot be assured he won't trample on us in an effort to please a conglomerate that would not care if they decided to simply wipe us off the map when given the opportunity. They see us as savages, after all.
11/04/2018 03:59 PMPosted by Enekie

I'd find the Horde storyline infinitely more agreeable if Orcs were more like Orkz. Just as destructive, but you don't have to dedicate half an expansion to their inner turmoil.

The inner turmoil is the best part of the Horde's storyline to be honest! They've always struggled with their darker natures!
11/04/2018 05:32 PMPosted by Sarestha

The inner turmoil is the best part of the Horde's storyline to be honest! They've always struggled with their darker natures!

Have they? Because the expacs that follow these faction war ones feel like a version of The Hangover where the Horde tries to piece together what made them go on a genocidal rampage.
So what you're saying is... face tattoos for the Horde in the next expac??
I think I might keep Versca loyal to the Horde because something about playing an insider feeding the rebels information might be really fun. Anyway, I'll see what I decide once I get to that point. I'm kinda a fickle prat and if Saurfang is super cool in that moment then I might be like aight lets do this.
11/04/2018 05:24 PMPosted by Kazimor
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Not quite as good visually as the Blizzcon cinematic but so much more satisfying to watch.

DoW really did have some great storytelling in it. And now we may never see the likes of it in an RTS again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeCfod1XT7E
This mini-thread side rant got me to start a new Dark Crusade campaign.
Which side gives me the better reward?
(Metzen voice) Thrall...where you at?!

Bring back doom plate Thrall. Go away Go'el.
Taking the side of the Alliance king who is encouraging a second Horde civil war. Super honourable!

Muh Horde Honour as always just means losing to the Alliance.

"I want my loser Horde back" - Varok "We named him Dranosh, it means in Orcish the son of my wife's boyfriend." Saurfang.
11/05/2018 07:24 AMPosted by Dawnblood
Taking the side of the Alliance king who is encouraging a second Horde civil war. Super honourable!

Muh Horde Honour as always just means losing to the Alliance.

"I want my loser Horde back" - Varok "We named him Dranosh, it means in Orcish the son of my wife's boyfriend." Saurfang.

Well, it's either Saurfang or Sylvie-Anne who is likely going to turn everyone in the Horde undead at some point, or sacrifice everyone to the Old Gods because POWAR.

I mean, it's not a great choice...but it seems a pretty -simple- choice .
Pretty much all of my characters are just ...tired in some way, of it all. They're trying to settle down, or focus on adventures and friend-making, or building some sort of a life in a world that seems to want to self-destruct constantly, and it's maddening for them.

OOCly, I'm sick and tired of the crap. It's always so damn extreme, all this about 'kill em all and let the Light sort them out' and so on and it just ...doens't interest me?

Probably the one character most affected by all this is my Void Beast. She's spent a lot of time among people and had, until recently, really felt like perhaps she -really could- fight the darkness eating at her. But now after everything that's happening, a part of her wonders if she'd be doing everyone a favor by just caving in...and then crushing the heads of -every single Azerothian- in her jaws, one by one. Or with an army of Void Beasts at her back.

She of course, sn't entirely certain how much is her own thoughts and which is Void Whispering shenanigans, and the thought that she might actually be losing her battle does bother her. She isn't falling yet, of course, but ...the wear and tear is there.

I also watched Venom recently...and part of me wouldn't mind touching on the idea of her actually becoming full-blown Void monstrosity; maybe in an RP nightmare or something? It'd be like her to have such a grisly nightmare tbh.

Yeah... Nokeena isn't getting through this expansion very comfortably at all.