Your character, Horde, and Saurfang (Spoiler)

Wyrmrest Accord
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
11/06/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Barnabas
Barnabas and the rest of the Strawmen were dissidents even prior to the events of BfA, so nothing new there. Mostly they've been trying to spread dissent among the ranks towards a coup, but subtly enough where they wouldn't get immediately snatched up.

I can't speak for our other members, but Barnabas would definitely leap on the chance to help Saurfang dethrone Sylvanas. That's not to say he won't stop being a mouthy pain in the butt. That won't stop until Forsaken society has been transformed, whether the trigger for that be just the removal of Sylvanas or something more.

This is why I NEVER attack your members in warmode :)
For all my burger buddies, let's throw an epic beach BBQ, yeah? I'll bring the grill.
Zaeshural is so firmly anti Horde that if she ever learned that the king of Stormwind ever released an orc, or sided with an orc, she would hope that her king would do what his predecessors did to Alterac.

She didn't participate in the Siege of Orgrimmar because of her fundamental distaste for working with the Horde. And after news reached her of the events in Darkshore, it ended any hope of her ever giving even a hint of mercy to Horde in her clutches.

Her husband and her son were taken by the Horde, her homeland is under siege by the Forsaken. She doesn't care about the lives of the Horde or living with a new honorable horde. She wants them dead.
11/02/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Vanndrel
11/02/2018 05:02 PMPosted by Grazzug
Saurfang is an orc of honor.

Yeah, stabbing a opponent in the back before they know you are there is sooooo honorable.

This is how an Orc repays the debt of being allowed to collect the body of his son.

I have two problems with this.

1. With the reaction, you can tell it was a knee-jerk response and panic. Which he came to regret. Not a calculated move. Unless something changed in the two little books that I did not read.

2. Malfurion had nothing to do with that debt. The Night Elves had nothign to do with that debt. The Alliance was standing in his way (even as Muradin was hesitant of doing so) until Varian Wrynn stepped up. The debt's between him and Wrynn.

Also... Siding with Saurfang.

I've never been shy in my opinion about Sylvanas. She was probably the worst choice for Warchief. -- I actually have more faith in Gallywix than Sylvanas, because I know I can trust that goblin to be greedy and protect what makes him the most money.
11/07/2018 05:42 PMPosted by Akarrosh

1. With the reaction, you can tell it was a knee-jerk response and panic. Which he came to regret. Not a calculated move. Unless something changed in the two little books that I did not read.

Feels strange that a hardened veteran of dozens of wars who is renowned for his restraint and cunning would panic.
11/07/2018 05:55 PMPosted by Enekie
Feels strange that a hardened veteran of dozens of wars who is renowned for his restraint and cunning would panic.

less panic, more instinct
11/07/2018 07:36 PMPosted by Marsoor

His finely-honed instinct to instantly betray the honor he spent a lifetime cultivating?
11/07/2018 08:15 PMPosted by Enekie
His finely-honed instinct to instantly betray the honor he spent a lifetime cultivating?

sometimes people have instinctual reactions in fights i guess

I assume the instinct to kill the Horde's/his people's enemies/the missions target. Instinct's whole shtick is that it kicks in before you necessarily have time to contemplate your actions or their consequences.

EDIT: Why you beat me Marsoor?

Anyone who quested through Val'shara would have a hard time suppressing there instinctual desire to kill Malfurion.
11/07/2018 08:55 PMPosted by Kazimor
Anyone who quested through Val'shara would have a hard time suppressing there instinctual desire to kill Malfurion.

This is the only answer that makes sense.
i got flying in legion specifically so when i had to level through it again i could fly through valsharah instead of pulling all the tightly packed mobs everywhere
11/07/2018 09:34 PMPosted by Enekie
11/07/2018 08:55 PMPosted by Kazimor

This is the only answer that makes sense.
...and then I saw him. There was no mistaking those obnoxious horns. It could only be Malfurion Stormrage. My hands started to shake and a sense of rage like I've never felt before came boiling up inside me. I tried to call out to him... to challenge him to honorable combat... I... I could not tell if he heard me. All I could hear was "WHERE ARE YOU TYRANDE? I NEED YOU!" ringing through my ears over and over again. Then everything went dark and when I regained my senses my hands were covered in blood and Tyrande was standing over me.

-High Overlord Saurfang's account of the events leading up to the burning of Teldrassil.
Ellivara goes where the Sin'dorei go. If they remain with Sylvanas, then she'll do whatever she needs to guarantee their continued survival within the Horde. If they betray and side with Saurfang, or the Alliance, or whatever other faction, she'll follow them then as well.

Hopefully, for her own sake, the Sin'dorei don't lead her somewhere she'll hate herself for following them to. :)

Edit --> She does have limits to that statement, but they're far beyond anything I can see even Sylvanas - or the Sin'dorei for that matter, doing. Especially since we've lost so very much of our edginess in favor of the Light.
Xao'lio is an assassin himself, so he's no stranger to using whatever means necessary to put a threat down. Whether honorable or not. In truth, he can't fault Sylvanas' behavior because he himself is no better. Necromancy is a taboo magic and indeed something he has no true grasp on. But in the 8.1 spoilers for Derek Proudmoore.. he finds it sickeningly powerful to use a dead relative against the Alliance.

With Saurfang, its a different story. Saurfang has gone against his warchief's command time and again. And with it; his actions caused drastic measures. Refusing to kill Malfurion, refusing to return to the Horde despite rescue efforts available and attempt to bring him back. To Xao'lio, subtlety is paramount and Saurfang had displayed none of it. Taking it as a sign to "safely remain as a deserter to the Horde."

In a way, Xao'lio has his own problems with Sylvanas, Darnassus being the main cause. But now with the war it has escalated and the Alliance isn't going to bail the Horde out of this one like they did in the first Siege of Orgrimmar. He'd much rather avoid another civil war knowing how it crippled the Horde the first time.
11/07/2018 05:55 PMPosted by Enekie

Probably the better way of saying it. Saw his leader in a bad situation, about to die, and instinctively set to defending her. (Unfortunately.)

But to address Enekie...

Feels strange to see a character that's meant to be a brilliant and decisive tactician keep losing engagements because they stop to gloat.

Also feels strange to have a badass race of warrior women and fierce shapeshifting men lose all of their ferocity for 14 years.
11/02/2018 03:33 PMPosted by Fenryka
The Horde that Thrall, Cairne and Vol'jin envisioned was a family. We don't put innocents in danger. We don't raise the dead. We don't break these rules in order to win. Sometimes that means we lose the battle. Sometimes that means we lose our lives. But I'd rather fight for a Horde I can be proud of than serve one I hang my head in shame at.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Ren's been lying low and being as minimally involved as possible. He's doing his best to help the Zandalari more than serve Sylvanas if that makes any sense. He's not entirely sure about Saurfang these days either but he seems a way better choice than the Banshee Queen.
Honestly, I've had to do so many Nakhu backstory gymnastics over the years to try and stay true to the character I wrote Nakhu to be, despite where Blizzard has taken the Horde narrative, I may be Horded out. At this point, I don't really foresee how Nakhu would have enough respect for either of them to choose a side.

I may end up just writing Nak's death scene, race changing to dwarf and starting over, all the while praying Horde doesn't decide to turn its attentions to that race...
11/08/2018 03:20 PMPosted by Nakhu
I may end up just writing Nak's death scene, race changing to dwarf and starting over, all the while praying Horde doesn't decide to turn its attentions to that race...

It really sucks that you feel like you may have to do just that; and especially given that we can't even be guaranteed that Blizzard won't just pull this crap again with another few playable races.

Night Elves had it bad for a long time, so who's next? The Gnomes? The Goblins? Tauren? It's not really great when you play a game and want to get into a playable race, but have to actually -worry- about the possibility of them being used as convenient punching bags/villains to push some ill-conceived story arc.

I know I had a lot of trouble getting into certain playable races because of that; and even at one stage an entire faction (Horde) because of the direction it's been taking. I've been trying to avoid getting discouraged like that ever again because I hate that feeling but...

I'd be lying if I said it wasn't starting to itch at me again.
11/05/2018 07:39 AMPosted by Ariiah
a part of her wonders if she'd be doing everyone a favor by just caving in...

><[[[ºc Let go...