Double-effect crits: which patch?

Classic Discussion
Which patch was the one that changed crits from 150% effect to 200% effect? I remember before that, there were a bunch of talents which moved it to 200% effect. Obviously they got taken out when it was made baseline.

But which patch number was that, anyone remember? BC, WotLK, Cataclysm?
I know patch 4.2 gave 200% crit to heals, but idk about dps.
Maybe 3.0 +

Im certain you had to skill it till the end of bc.
That late? Wow.

(I knew it wasn't later than Cataclysm, because I never saw anything later than Cataclysm.)
Mists of Pandaria.
11/03/2018 12:24 PMPosted by Narya
Which patch was the one that changed crits from 150% effect to 200% effect? I remember before that, there were a bunch of talents which moved it to 200% effect. Obviously they got taken out when it was made baseline.

Spell crits right? Look at whenever ruin was taken out of warlocks destruction tree.
11/03/2018 12:29 PMPosted by Beardhat
Mists of Pandaria.

Correct: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/4544194

Criticals

All spells and abilities will crit for double damage, baseline. There are a few exceptions where crits can get larger, but the default is x 2.0 for everyone.
This means that Enhancement shaman spells and rogue poisons will crit for double damage. Rogue poisons will also use the melee hit chance.
11/03/2018 12:29 PMPosted by Beardhat
Mists of Pandaria.

"Mists" sounds right. I do remember Death Knights having a passive skill that let them crit for 200% in "Wrath."
11/03/2018 12:29 PMPosted by Ironsides
11/03/2018 12:24 PMPosted by Narya

Spell crits right? Look at whenever ruin was taken out of warlocks destruction tree.

The crazy thing is does this mean with right talents some classes can spell crit for 300% damage in the demo?
11/03/2018 12:33 PMPosted by Fyedora

The crazy thing is does this mean with right talents some classes can spell crit for 300% damage in the demo?

Off the top of my head I can't remember any classes having access to crit damage modifying talents pre-20. I think mages have the earliest one and it's post 20?
11/03/2018 12:35 PMPosted by Ironsides
11/03/2018 12:33 PMPosted by Fyedora

Off the top of my head I can't remember any classes having access to crit damage modifying talents pre-20. I think mages have the earliest one and it's post 20?

They did in Vanilla at later levels. With the ruin talent shadow bolts would destroy everything.

Really hope they fix this sort of stuff before release.
Classic is easy mode. Pservers are now hard mode. Ironic.

The talent is Ice Shards. It is a second row 5 point talent and you can start putting points into it after you have only 5 points in the frost tree.
Thanks, all. That's what I was looking for.
11/03/2018 12:39 PMPosted by Eaglesgift

The talent is Ice Shards. It is a second row 5 point talent and you can start putting points into it after you have only 5 points in the frost tree.

Ah you're right, I was thinking ice shards and the 6% damage ones were swapped.