NE vs Tauren druids

Story Forum
I can never choose a side. I love how night elves are savages and are one of the strongest races and how they live in these dark but beautiful forests and so close to nature which ties into druids, and they got Elune, but then the Tauren are peaceful and calm, have a Native American theme to them and also have a close connection to nature/Earth Mother, Mulgore is beautiful also but very sunny and bright which opposite of the night elf lands, and the Taurens are also very strong like night elves when they are forced to fight. So hard to choose which Druid race I like better lore wise.
I would really like to see the Tauren form a warband and go on a warpath like the Comanche or Apache.

If the Alliance attack the Barrens I want to see some Tauren taking scalps.
Trolls are clearly the best druids. Our whole society revolves around serving the wild gods.
For just race in general, Tauren over Night Elves. But if we're talking about choosing a race for a druid, Night Elf over Tauren.

Tauren druids are hangers on who lack their own druidic tradition and who are forced by game mechanics to turn on their friends and teachers.
11/04/2018 07:13 PMPosted by Kisin
Trolls are clearly the best druids. Our whole society revolves around serving the wild gods.

Cast aside your heresies.

Stand beside your Lun'alai brethren, and perhaps you too will one day become elevated from your primitive form!
11/04/2018 07:22 PMPosted by Galenorn

Stand beside your Lun'alai brethren, and perhaps you too will one day become elevated from your primitive form!

If by "elevated" you mean losing our regeneration and beautiful tusks then no thanks. Besides, what has the moon ever done for ME?

Really, you elves should start worshiping Jani. He loves broken, lost, and unwanted things.
11/04/2018 07:36 PMPosted by Kisin

If by "elevated" you mean losing our regeneration and beautiful tusks then no thanks. Besides, what has the moon ever done for ME?

Really, you elves should start worshiping Jani. He loves broken, lost, and unwanted things.

The little lizard is mildly amusing, I'll give you that much.

But there is only one Goddess who can take your stooped, mangled, degenerate form, and elevate you into a being such as myself.

But there's no hurry, friend. All things work in Elune's time, after all. I simply leave it up to you to imagine all the things you could finally do, if you had the right number of fingers.
11/04/2018 07:22 PMPosted by Galenorn
11/04/2018 07:13 PMPosted by Kisin

What if I revere Elune plenty, but don't want to grow extra fingers just because I like casting moonfire?
11/05/2018 12:42 AMPosted by Zatiya
What if I revere Elune plenty, but don't want to grow extra fingers just because I like casting moonfire?

Gotta wonder what that was like, you know? Like, when trolls started to grow whole !@# fingers and toes. That must've been wild. Because iirc the changes happened over generations so at some point some dark troll mother had a child with extra digits. Maybe thought it was a one-off thing and loved her weird little mutant baby anyway.

Then it just kept happening.

And @ OP -- Personally I prefer night elf druids, buuuuut I'm biased as hell. Warcraft 3 left quite the impression on me and night elves have been my favorite race ever since. That said I pretty much just love druids in general and every race that can be them for different reasons. Nelfs are just top of the pile for me...

...Followed very closely by trolls.
11/05/2018 01:35 AMPosted by Khaar

Gotta wonder what that was like, you know? Like, when trolls started to grow whole !@# fingers and toes. That must've been wild. Because iirc the changes happened over generations so at some point some dark troll mother had a child with extra digits. Maybe thought it was a one-off thing and loved her weird little mutant baby anyway.

You think that is crazy? Imagine the high elves and their journey. Supposedly they changed over generations, but Lorash completely destroys that idea. He was born in Tirisfal shortly after the elves first arrived in the Eastern Kingdoms.

So where were those generations, exactly? They were night elves when they left Kalimdor. Were Lorash's parents full night elves and they just popped out a short, frail looking, pink elf baby?

Or did they mutate during their own life span.

Rob: Hey Jerry, weirdest thing. I woke up today two feet shorter than the night before.
Jerry: You too?! What happened? Also we're the color of pigs, so that's a thing.
Rob: I dunno what's going on but I'm not going to question it because I look fabulous now.
11/05/2018 01:35 AMPosted by Khaar

I bet they were flippin' out, mon.
11/05/2018 03:30 AMPosted by Kisin
Or did they mutate during their own life span.

I'm pretty sure they established the change occurring quickly in a comic book years ago in response to the Sunwell. Though for the life of me I can't remember which one.
11/04/2018 07:16 PMPosted by Roghter
For just race in general, Tauren over Night Elves. But if we're talking about choosing a race for a druid, Night Elf over Tauren.

Tauren druids are hangers on who lack their own druidic tradition and who are forced by game mechanics to turn on their friends and teachers.

The Night Elves have never been friends with the Tauren, and as teachers to non Night Elves, they tend to condescend. The tauren also chafe under what they see as the Night Elves over worship of the Moon and Elune, placing higher importance on An'she and the life giving Sun.

The non-canon RPG books however do talk of a group of young Tauren and young Night Elves acting together as eco-terrorists against the goblin operations in Stone Talon peaks.
Night Elves period. Now i may be biased but the fact is we have been druids before anyone else, with Malfurion being the FIRST. Who learned it not from a loa spirit, but the wild god Cenarius. The child of the one true deity of Azeroth, Elune. We were also using the emerald dream under the guidance of the green dragon flight, long before anyone else. Nature itself stands beside the night elves, so sorry but we outclass the other races.

Even if these lun'alai worship Elune, we are her children.
11/05/2018 10:55 AMPosted by Drahliana
The Night Elves have never been friends with the Tauren, and as teachers to non Night Elves, they tend to condescend.

Really? You don't think that Malfurion and Hamuul were friends? Well then I've got a book for you to read.

What you are doing is painting with a broad brush over the entirety of a race. Where as a more intelligent approach is to realize that the Cenarian Circle is comprised of like minded people from multiple races working together to accomplish common goals. Plus, with the added bonus that the most racist and intolerant Night Elves left the organization back in Cataclysm to set themselves and others on fire. Of course there would be friendships formed.
Night Elves period. Now i may be biased but the fact is we have been druids before anyone else, with Malfurion being the FIRST. Who learned it not from a loa spirit, but the wild god Cenarius.

Gonk is also a wild god. He and Cenarius are the same sort of being.

Though you could argue Gonk is more of a wild god than Cenarius since he's an actual wild god from time immemorial while Cenarius is only half wild god, being the son of Elune.
11/06/2018 01:27 AMPosted by Kisin
Though you could argue Gonk is more of a wild god than Cenarius since he's an actual wild god from time immemorial while Cenarius is only half wild god, being the son of Elune.
Wild Gods are, ironically, not wholly natural in their creation. They grew and exceeded their peers, but were made "gods" by Titanic power. They were chosen and elevated by Watcher Freya, the creator of the Emerald Dream.

World of Warcraft Chronicles: Volume 1:
As the titan-forged began shaping Azeroth, Keeper Freya wandered the world, creating enclaves of life and nature in the places where the waters of the Well of Eternity had coalesced, such as Un'Goro Crater, Sholazar Basin and the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. The greatest creatures to emerge from Freya's enclaves were the colossal Wild Gods. Seeing these creatures as her own children, Freya and the Wild Gods often wandered side by side through the primal forests and grasslands of early Azeroth. The area that they spent the most time at was the massive forested peak known as Mount Hyjal, and it was upon the slopes of Hyjal that Freya bound the spirits of her beloved Wild Gods to the Emerald Dream. Forever after, Hyjal would remain a sacred refuge to the Wild Gods.
Wild Gods are, ironically, not wholly natural in their creation. They grew and exceeded their peers, but were made "gods" by Titanic power. They were chosen and elevated by Watcher Freya, the creator of the Emerald Dream.

Literally no flesh and blood anything on Azeroth is natural by that standard. Everything that bleeds and breathes and isn't Old God corrupted is a product of the Well during the Ordering of Azeroth. It's one of my absolute least favorite aspects of the new retconned cosmology.

My point however is that Gonk, as far as we know, is one of these creatures that achieved godhood and was later bound to the Dream by Freya. Cenarius was not. He is the child of a wild god and Elune and was born some time after the wild gods formed.

Are titans unnatural all of a sudden?

Also your quote doesn't say anything about Freya elevating them. It appears to describe Keeper Freya creating enclaves of life and then just seeing what happened. The first thing that happened were Wild Gods. Presumably the next thing were regular animals.
11/06/2018 02:36 AMPosted by Roghter

Are titans unnatural all of a sudden?

Also your quote doesn't say anything about Freya elevating them. It appears to describe Keeper Freya creating enclaves of life and then just seeing what happened. The first thing that happened were Wild Gods. Presumably the next thing were regular animals.

Wild animals happened first. If you do the Ashmane research stuff in the druid Order Hall you learn that she was a normal nightsaber originally, but over time became stronger and stronger until one day she realized she'd outlived all her peers.

So becoming a wild god seems to be a gradual process. You start as a normal animal and slowly grow in power until you achieve immortality.