RJW Toggle Removed

Monk
So they are taking away our RJW energy ability and giving us that bull!@#$ chi crap again. For %^-*s sake blizzard, I enjoyed that spell for farming old content and the slower play style for current content. Don't do this........
I'm with you on that sentiment. I know the community was divided on it but I wasn't aware it was leaning this far in the dislike range to warrant it being changed.
It's the best spell in the game for fast clearing old raids. I want it to stay just for that.

Toggle, and run and everything dies on your xmog and mount runs.
Blizzard: Fun Detected - Stay calm citizen - We will fix this
Will the chi spending version give similar damage to the constant one?
that really sucks.. this was one of the most useful farming aoe skill for ww.. and also very strong for warfronts and islands. it took me some time to fine tune it but i ended doing very decent dps with RJW on warfronts jumping into packs etc
i dont know what to say anymore, i really dont.. And all the bull!@#$ that green 'community service' girl is saying is rubbish.
- PVP ; yes we suck and we suck big time. not really dps but mobility, defense, cooldowns.
- mythics + : ah come on, she points out the top of the ladders WW monks our there.. but for most of us what you'll experience is indeed : no invitation, no uldir raid, that's it. i've told her to come back to planet earth but i doesnt look like it worked
anyway, let's see how this one goes, i'd be SO SO interested to hear about the why behind all this.. i mean really.
what's next Blizzard ? hmm? what's in the pipeline ? nerf on roll maybe ? yeah come on let's do it : let's %^-* up some more fun and make this class complete garbage.

and heeeeeere we go boys : the GREEN lantern 'soft and politically correct' answer
counting : 3,2,1
11/05/2018 03:28 PMPosted by Ék
Will the chi spending version give similar damage to the constant one?

Not really. There will be a 5 min cooldown between each invocation of RJW.
I must have missed this in the patch notes... where did you get this information.
11/05/2018 04:31 PMPosted by Alvàr
I must have missed this in the patch notes... where did you get this information.

The game I am playing is run by Blizzard. All that needs to be said.

Also, I do not have a phone.
11/05/2018 04:43 PMPosted by Tigertime

I was also curious on to where I can read on this change. where does the phone part come in? I am so confused.

It was in one of the notes on the I believe the latest ptr build. Costs one chi and cooldown of 6 sec, while it lasts for it (had to look back at the talent calc on wowhead as I couldn't remember what else had changed about it aside from the chi cost and lack of constant use).
Thats a little baffling to me now that I see the change. I saw its uses but the energy thing bothered me but not enough to really notice. I dont see this talent being taken much unless are are going to buff it significantly. it does not eally improve our damage for aoe at all.
11/05/2018 04:46 PMPosted by Berusein
11/05/2018 04:43 PMPosted by Tigertime

I was also curious on to where I can read on this change. where does the phone part come in? I am so confused.

Lol, Blizzcon and latest other game announcements. All games being moved to mobile only.
11/05/2018 04:15 PMPosted by Zefxiix
that really sucks.. this was one of the most useful farming aoe skill for ww.. and also very strong for warfronts and islands. it took me some time to fine tune it but i ended doing very decent dps with RJW on warfronts jumping into packs etc
i dont know what to say anymore, i really dont.. And all the bull!@#$ that green 'community service' girl is saying is rubbish.
- PVP ; yes we suck and we suck big time. not really dps but mobility, defense, cooldowns.
- mythics + : ah come on, she points out the top of the ladders WW monks our there.. but for most of us what you'll experience is indeed : no invitation, no uldir raid, that's it. i've told her to come back to planet earth but i doesnt look like it worked
anyway, let's see how this one goes, i'd be SO SO interested to hear about the why behind all this.. i mean really.
what's next Blizzard ? hmm? what's in the pipeline ? nerf on roll maybe ? yeah come on let's do it : let's %^-* up some more fun and make this class complete garbage.

and heeeeeere we go boys : the GREEN lantern 'soft and politically correct' answer
counting : 3,2,1

Oh you are referencing another thread. I was wondering what I said about RJW that was rubbish. Makes sense. I kind of like that "Green Lantern" thing though that's really cool.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769638853?page=1

https://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=116847/rushing-jade-wind

The PTR is down right now but here's the wowhead link to the changed ability.
11/05/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Berusein
Thats a little baffling to me now that I see the change. I saw its uses but the energy thing bothered me but not enough to really notice. I dont see this talent being taken much unless are are going to buff it significantly. it does not eally improve our roation for aoe at all.

It was fine when it never shut off too... They nerfed that quick and now they continue to "improve for players fun".
Would it be worth casting single target with azerite traits figured in? Sounds like its almost not worth taking anymore.
11/05/2018 05:04 PMPosted by Tigertime
11/05/2018 04:46 PMPosted by Berusein

Lol, Blizzcon and latest other game announcements. All games being moved to mobile only.

stop trolling, they said that they'd be making mobile games for all their ips, not "all games are now mobile only"
I do have to say, I am glad they are removing the RJW toggle.

I suppose I'm the odd one out here i guess and i apologize for that. This new iteration actually sort of makes me feel the old one wasnt that bad maybe?

I know on my BRM i feel waaaay too spammy sometimes due to RJW even though I love the brew spec.

I hated how slow the RJW toggle made me feel for WW, and I hated it shutting off on me when i spent too much energy. I didnt love RJW toggle at all.

RJW used to have a purpose before they obliterated MotC.

Honestly when they neutered MotC they removed the true purpose of abilities like SEF and RJW. And they just left them in without really doing anything to them. So now we have these unfinished abilities without purpose that have no real use and function and no flavor. Really messed up big.

I get why they had to obliterate MotC stacks, but when they did it they didnt fix/remove/change the associated abilities and THAT is why were in the spot we are now with our AOE.
I just want MoP RJW back and FoF to no longer be a core rotational ability.

If they made FoF an AoE utility with our current iteration of mastery with RJW counting toward never hitting the same ability twice it'd help our rotation immensely and give us a reason to build haste provided RJW scaled on haste and it did enough damage.

I've always hated channeling FoF for damage.

It'd also help mitigate the irritation of our glitchy clones from SEF.
It may be necessary at this point to remove FoF from the rotation.

It's a shell of its former self because they try to balance it around being ST and aoe cleaving and it isnt working.

So they've also removed the utility that allowed it to be used properly in pvp, so it feels awful in most aspects of the game.

It now requires OPS traits to feel good, and those traits are much weaker in arenas. Idk. Maybe it's time so we can stop being punished for having FoF since they cant decide what to do with it or balance it.
Additionally, since we cant interrupt while we channel fof and it doesnt stun, it's annoying to use FoF often.

Blegh. Give the ability a direction and a solid place so it can feel powerful in the proper situation.