Horde players: Who will you pick?

Story Forum
1 2 3 9 Next
As we all know from Blizzcon, we will likely be getting diverging questlines for picking Sylvanas or Saurfang. Whose side will your character choose and why?
Sylvanas, right up until I'm forced to put a blade in her belly. This entire plot has kind of soured me on both her and Saurfang, but she is still the more palatable option for me. There are a great many things I'm still wiling to tolerate from her, if it keeps the Alliance out of the Horde's internal affairs. Sourgrapes can go kick rocks in the swamp.
The third option with the Steam Pools.
I wonder if blizzard will have a vote like system in place of those quests. When you decide which path you choose, your also sending the choice to blizzard. The path with the most picks will decide the outcome. If they find out 80% of the fan base chooses the banshee queen chances are she will live. If 80% choose Saurfang she might just die! If 80% choose steam pools, who knows what’ll happen!
Going Sylvanas because I don't want another rebellion plot or for her character to be thrown away, not because I even want her as warchief.

This whole storyline for the horde is incredibly irritating.
11/05/2018 11:57 PMPosted by Bludgeun
I wonder if blizzard will have a vote like system in place of those quests. When you decide which path you choose, your also sending the choice to blizzard. The path with the most picks will decide the outcome. If they find out 80% of the fan base chooses the banshee queen chances are she will live. If 80% choose Saurfang she might just die! If 80% choose steam pools, who knows what’ll happen!

An interesting thought exercise, but unlikely. Emergent game design through aggregate choice isn’t really compatible with the narrative design of WoW uses. In particular, the potential for unintended consequences ratchets up significantly with each choice divergence. Not to mention how do you aggregate, do you pool all servers together or even regions? What happens if say Asia servers have a 70%show for Saurfang and US 65% sylvanas?

Now what would be fascinating is a social scientist combing through data on the “tarnishing” of Saurfang over the past several months. Would be a fascinating bit of social science.
I think everyone knows what each poster's choice is going to be. We've been here as a community long enough to be able to infer it.
I have more than one Horde character, I'll just pick both.
Current plan is to delay as much as possible before making a choice. I want to see exactly how this is going to play out before locking my characters into things that can't be reversed.

Assuming no noteworthy differences between outcomes, probably either Hamburger or Sylvanas. I think the Horde story is ruined at this point, so hamburger is a compelling argument. If that's not an option, then Sylvanas. The less Anduin in the Horde story, the better.

I'm hoping they don't gate a bunch of collectibles behind the storyline choices - I'm not a fan of doing these sorts of queslines across multiple alts.
Tyranny is tyranny.

It'd be hypocritical to fight against Elisande and not against Sylvanas.
1. Beach.

2. Sylvanas.

3. Saurfang.
11/06/2018 12:04 AMPosted by Verlius
Going Sylvanas because I don't want another rebellion plot or for her character to be thrown away, not because I even want her as warchief.

And me.

I hate everything about this damned plot. Everything it does to us as players and as characters is an insult, and I am sick to death of being at odds with people I usually call friend and ally.

Blizzard wants me to take part in atrocity, and to both enjoy it and loathe myself for it? They want me to sign my name to a (metaphorical) statement that an identity they have built and nurtured as a valid part of the Horde is and always was wrong? They want to butcher yet more characters I have loved on the altar of villainhood?

Sylvanas every time.

Edit: On a character level, Saurfang ‘Wants His Horde Back’ and DKs are probably one of the populations on the chopping block in the purge. Yersynia will pass on his cultural revolution as a matter of both loyalty and survival.
I'll be picking Sylvanas, on the faint hope that if Blizzard sees a majority rejecting the Saurfang fugitive arc they'll learn something.
Sylvanas. I'm over the Saurfang sulkfest of 2018 and I really don't want to kill NPCs from my own faction. Plus, I've already participated in a rebellion against my Warchief so it will be a new experience to be on defense this time. Maybe the next Horde civil war I'll pick the neutral option!
Sylvanas
Prolly the Steam Pool/Scrwe it option if it makes it live. On some alts though I'll go Sylvanas. Never Saurfang.
Obviously Saurfang. I had enough of this undead bs. Go make a third faction to appease these sylvanas fans. I want my shamanistic horde back pre-Garrosh.
Saurfang. Between the two of them he isn't going to ask me to burn down entire zones filled with innocent people or gas my own soldiers.

He also isn't planning on installing a puppet leader for the Darkspear tribe so he can more easily control them.
11/06/2018 12:04 AMPosted by Verlius

Yeah I would say that too but after the way her character was used in warbringers... I don't see that happening. Thanks to initial crappy writing before BFA even started.
11/06/2018 12:27 AMPosted by Carmageddon
1. Beach.

2. Sylvanas.

3. Saurfang.