pve>pvp

Battlegrounds
Am i the only person aside from I guess Juga that retains things they read prior to 24 hours?
Look in trade or lfg in game even you see lots of the same over generalized claims.
I read the instructions to my lasagna 2 days ago. It was 350 degrees. Do I qualify?
11/06/2018 12:27 PMPosted by Greyhide
I read the instructions to my lasagna 2 days ago. It was 350 degrees. Do I qualify?

I had lasagna on the 23rd last month
You win.
My standpoint on PVE from a high rated PVP'er
It is easier due to same mechanics everytime. But that's besides the point.
I just wish for equality between pvp and pve reputations, azerite, mounts and content
I just wish for equality between pvp and pve reputations, azerite, mounts and content
11/06/2018 11:14 AMPosted by Lafs
Wasn't missing the point
You just stated something anyone with basic intelligence knows.
I stated something else.
Take the stick out of your rear not everything is about you.

Lol, but you were making a comment in her post.
11/06/2018 12:46 PMPosted by Blindgodx

Its not ever going to happen as long as the lead game designer holds zero interest in pvp. They will continue to only give as much as they think they have to.
11/06/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Jdpp
The dungeons aren't that fun. I think BFA is designed to just play what you have fun doing and don't go after item level.

World mobs scale the higher item level you get.
m+ is the same regardless if you are 350 item level doing a +3 or 370 doing a +10
In pvp, the difference in a 350 item level and a 375 isn't that much due to "scaling magic"

I feel like item level means nothing anymore at 120.

Play what you enjoy

ilvl means a little bit in PVP. Fortunately, Conquest gear is almost as good a gearing path as PVE - better, when you consider it's more fun.

If mythics were designed as well as BC dungeons, I might do them more, but as it is, they're not worth doing unless you have a friend along.

11/06/2018 10:49 AMPosted by Blindgodx
Also, I have like 2000 medallions from pvp because you guys think allowing you to buy old xmogs and potions is good enough..

That reminds me, I have to pick up more of those potions.
pve takes no skill
I wonder what happens when you do both?

(pve+pvp) > pve - (pvp/7)+50
11/06/2018 01:22 PMPosted by Familypet
pve takes no skill

Are you implying that PvP does?
/giggle
11/06/2018 01:22 PMPosted by Familypet
pve takes no skill

Eh this is untrue. I have a real life friend who raids at a heroic/mythic level. He did arenas with me for one season and he did waaayyy more damage than any warrior we came across up to 2100 (top 10% of pvpers at that rank that season). I also think they can memorize mechanics and such super well.

I just don't think the skills are as transferable. Pvpers need to be able to predict/react according to a situation. I think this translates into a pve situation way better than memorization translates into PvP.

I also think some of the pve content is just easier at the moment. I've done a few 8+ underrots looking for my trait. We completed them fairly easily and they give excellent gear. The amount of key board turning, back pedaling and I'm pretty sure clicking to target (due to slow interrupts) was pretty crazy. These dps would have had trouble hitting 1400 in PvP. On one of the runs the tank and I two manned the last boss from 75% health because the dps couldn't back pedal out of goop fast enough.

I also cleared every boss except the last in uldir on my monk in 345 gear on my very first run and avoiding lfr like the plague. I kept up to one of the healers and didn't fail any mechanics that the others didn't. I'm sure heroic is a lot harder but still.... I know most of those people I raided with don't even have 1600 at the moment (partially because I don't think they care as raiding gives them pretty decent gear. Especially now that they're pushing heroic and they like to wpvp more than anything).

Tldr: I think pvers have different skills that pvpers don't have. They're just not as transferable as PvP skills are.
11/06/2018 12:46 PMPosted by Blindgodx

Honestly I feel like it's fairly even right now? There are just a few things that don't translate well I agree. Reputations is definitely one. Tons of reps with cool rewards in pve but we really don't got much in that aspect. Honor system is kind of a comparable thing but it doesn't really compare to the sheer number of reps out there.

Also I think the gear ilvl disparity is off. Mythic 5+ is much much easier than getting 1400 even. That being said it's only 5-15 ilvl difference with scaling which isn't huge.

The biggest issue this expansion is azerite traits. They make or break specs and there are just so many more ways to get it in pve. Huge issue right now for PvP that unfortunately isn't really being addressed.

Also not a fan of pve trinkets and such being so good in PvP. If you're a min maxer you get forced to pve. Any time pvers have to do PvP they rage. Not sure why they give us a hard time for not wanting to do their content.
You left out the most important reward: FUN.

For me, and for most people who like to pvp, pvp > pve in the fun factor. I don't care much about the rewards as long as I can get gear that is good enough to keep me viable in the random bgs I spend most of my time doing in this game.
11/07/2018 01:31 PMPosted by Zupan
You left out the most important reward: FUN.

For me, and for most people who like to pvp, pvp > pve in the fun factor. I don't care much about the rewards as long as I can get gear that is good enough to keep me viable in the random bgs I spend most of my time doing in this game.

I already mentioned this. This is why I did PVP more than PVE in vanilla.
For the past 3 expansions I've been a casual player with a pretty even balance of PvE and PvP, I've gotten a few AOTCs as a progression raider, and now in BFA it's just boring. I've stopped raiding after getting my H G'huun kill but my RL friends still raid and the ONLY thing they get excited about is parses.

New gear upgrade? Sure that's good but every single raid they come back to our personal discord and just talk about parses... numbers... stats.

Literally it's all they talk about? Either PvE has gotten to a point so unenjoyable that the only progression players look forward to, is OUTSIDE of the game on some 3rd party website. And I disagree with this because Mythic progression (both raiding and keystones) feels very rewarding (for me at least).
11/06/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Lafs
Am i the only person aside from I guess Juga that retains things they read prior to 24 hours?
Look in trade or lfg in game even you see lots of the same over generalized claims.

I do too.

Wait...what are we talking about again?
11/07/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Amlo
Sure that's good but every single raid they come back to our personal discord and just talk about parses... numbers... stats.

Literally it's all they talk about? Either PvE has gotten to a point so unenjoyable that the only progression players look forward to, is OUTSIDE of the game on some 3rd party website.

this has been true for a long time, i remember competing for top dps on deathbringer saurfang back in icc. at the time the biggest limiting factor for your parses was finding a tank good enough to hold threat. it used to be that if you had a reputation for "bigdick dps" you could get into any pug you wanted just by saying hi, no need for gearscore or achievement linking. but now you need to use a 3rd party site because server communities are dead.

the only difference between the past and now is you are competing for top dps globally, not just server wide. thats what parses are about: PVE competitiveness, which isn't that dissimilar to PVP competitiveness when it comes to rankings and ladders.
Notice how you say in your PvP rewards that it's hard for some people and that they struggle?

Yeah well it's competition. You're going to have losers.

This is the best example of comparing apples to oranges you can pull out in these forums.