Horde PC narrative unsalvageable?

Story Forum
Not sure what you're trying to say. It seems pretty clear by you acknowledging her as warchief in the response bubble, and the quest objective literally says "pledge to Warchief Sylvanas". How is that not pledging your loyalty to her?
11/06/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Vozul
The actual Horde PC doesn't exist in all those capacities though. Our characters, the actual little models running around murderhoboing, aren't lorewise the same person doing all of these things. Are you trying to say that one person was the Highlord, the Slayer, the Huntmaster, the Battlelord, the Princess Puff, the Supreme Nerdwizard and the Regional Manager? (I didn't finish all the class questlines).

Just fit your character, Reyvateil, in the story wherever you want, maybe fit some alts in other roles in the story. Maybe my Vozul wouldn't be at Teldrassil, but an alt of mine was. Unless Blizzard goes full Bioware there's little they can do to accomodate every player's canon.

The PC is both the one hero, and a group of heroes. Both famous, and unknown. Both a protector of the planet, and the one who threatens it. Just don't think too hard on Blizzard writing. It's what I'm trying to do.
11/06/2018 01:27 PMPosted by Sarm
11/06/2018 01:13 PMPosted by Treng
...Nope. We had to swear one to Garrosh. We never swear one to Sylvanas.

Looks like you indeed do.
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Fate_of_the_Horde

It became skippable after awhile, some players may not even be aware of that quest now.
When you think about it, your character didn’t even HAVE to participate in WoT. I didn’t do it on any of my Horde characters, I just maxed out an Alliance alt to do it.

So technically the PC’s role in WoT is entirely sub-cannon meaning you can chose whether or not you actually participated in it. Heck, some players probably couldn’t participate in it because the event only ran for a couple of weeks. Everything on Zandalar and thereafter are hard-cannon tho. So we’re still running around robbing graves in Kul’tiras and murdering and raising their dead officials.
11/06/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Draegar
Like I said: you're forced to be a coward, a traitor, or evil, no matter what. It's pretty much destroyed any enthusiasm I have for playing.

11/06/2018 11:37 AMPosted by Reyvateil
Or you could say you never did the event... But if we are at the point where we write our character out of the story then why even engage in it at all.

The both of you hit it dead on in the head. This, so much.

I hope these points get signal boosted.