Will Classic will be fine without LFR?

Classic Discussion
Do you think Classic success will finally settle this hot button topic? That the game doesn't need LFD or LFR to be successful?

I'm so tired that every time this debate it is brought up in the GD forums it is swarmed by like the same 20 posters just shooting down any and all discussion around the negative aspects this system brought to the game.

I hope the success of Classic finally proves once and for all that the game was just fine without those anti-social tools. That all they did is create a lot of apathy towards casual guild raiding, which was a huge contributor to creating stickiness for the game.
It will be less for sure, but that was part of the fun about the game, seeing those top elite players roll into Ironforge with their raid gear inspired you to try hard to do that yourself.

It's not as fun or special when everyone has the same gear every time a new patch comes out.
LFD and LFR are for retail.
It will thrive without lfr. Less people will raid the end vanilla raids like aq 40 and nax but it will create actual incentive to get better and progress. Anyone who says classic will die because it doesn’t have lfr or lfd is so far removed from what made the great they should be ignored
Raiding is going to be so easy thanks to OP 1.12 being used in old content that it will basically feel like LFR anyway.
11/06/2018 04:00 PMPosted by Donatalius
Raiding is going to be so easy thanks to OP 1.12 being used in old content that it will basically feel like LFR anyway.

unfortunately yes, that is until AQ40. I found out 16 debuff slots and 1.12 talents was not enough on it's own.
The success of Classic will not affect Retail. Each game appeals to a different audience, with Classic being more geared towards dedicated gamers and Retail designed for Casual folks. LFD/LFR is there to stay in Retail and has no place in Classic.
Not having LFD/LFR will make for a less toxic community. You’re forced to help your team through a dungeon, even if someone is underperforming, because it was a pain to get a replacement.

I think it’s way more fun that way rather than treating players as easily disposable.
Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Yes. Join a guild, build a friends list, get to know your community. Vanilla was 100% about making friends and the community on your local server. That is one of the biggest things people miss about it and one of the biggest reasons things like LFR and LFD are !@#$ing terrible for the game. Those systems allow people to blindly join groups that they will never talk to again and turn it into something that is no better than a single player RPG because you never meet anyone and make connections.
It'll thrive without LFR, in fact.
The regular game would be fine without it, so yeah, Classic will too.
11/06/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Charax
Not having LFD/LFR will make for a less toxic community. You’re forced to help your team through a dungeon, even if someone is underperforming, because it was a pain to get a replacement.

I think it’s way more fun that way rather than treating players as easily disposable.

It also gives you a reason to help the struggling player out. It's a lot easier to teach someone how to play better than it is to rage kick them and then wait a few minutes to get a replacement.
11/06/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Mightylink
It will be less for sure, but that was part of the fun about the game, seeing those top elite players roll into Ironforge with their raid gear inspired you to try hard to do that yourself.

It's not as fun or special when everyone has the same gear every time a new patch comes out.

This so much THIS
11/06/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Mightylink

This so much THIS
11/06/2018 04:20 PMPosted by Mayvas
It also gives you a reason to help the struggling player out. It's a lot easier to teach someone how to play better than it is to rage kick them and then wait a few minutes to get a replacement.

I miss this a lot about the game. Retail is a toxic cesspool filled with impatient people that will drop you for even the smallest mistakes.
LFR is cancer

if was given a choice to have a child with cancer or classic with LFR...............
It will do fine without LFR, but not for the reason many think.

It isn't because LFR is inherently bad. It isn't. It is one of the greatest inventions in any MMO, ever.

It simply doesn't belong in Classic as it wasn't added until Cataclysm.

People will raid in Vanilla because they want to, not because it is expected.

Seeing people standing around in raid gear hoping to get attention are not good people, they might be good players, but they aren't good people. They aren't inspiring, they're just trying to show off. Making us for some deficiency elsewhere in their lives with their sense of epeen.
11/06/2018 04:43 PMPosted by Fallanaa
Seeing people standing around in raid gear hoping to get attention are not good people, they might be good players, but they aren't good people. They aren't inspiring, they're just trying to show off. Making us for some deficiency elsewhere in their lives with their sense of epeen.

[/quote]

I think it really depends on a person to person basis. Sure, there's some people who like to show off because it swells their egos but most raiders keep their cool raiding gear on because why would you ever take it off?
Vanilla brought in +8 million subs without either. so yes i think it will be fine.
11/06/2018 04:09 PMPosted by Cerrberus
The success of Classic will not affect Retail. Each game appeals to a different audience, with Classic being more geared towards dedicated gamers and Retail designed for Casual folks. LFD/LFR is there to stay in Retail and has no place in Classic.

I disagree with this statement i actually feel like i can be more casual and play classic at my own pace. in retail i'm forced to login everyday and meet all these check boxes by reset. I think vanilla is more catered to playing casually while simultanesouly being more hardcore.