I love doing mythic plus

General Discussion
Mythic plus is awesome . I like wasting 30 minutes or more of time and having someone leave after wiping once or twice and then not being able to replace them and then having to lower my key . It's very awesome .
There needs to be a new way to run Mythics and I dont mean just clicking a button and queuing.
The only suggestion I have is find a guild or community of people to run with. Make friends so you don't have to run with strangers... Cause strangers don't care about you.
I want to express sympathy for having your time wasted but you are 100% dependent on the trust and skill of complete strangers who have nothing to risk other than their own time.

This is just a case where the "social" aspect of a MMOG is going to be here in all its glory. You gotta find people that want to help you, or at least people who don't want to actively disrupt you.

There are no set of mechanics or incentives that's going to make random pugs from other servers respect you or your time :(
There are some great solutions.

1. Keys should not downgrade. Ever. It's too punishing for key holders and demoralizing. You should always be able to start a key over.
2. Minimum effort requirements. If you leave a group before 45 or 60 minutes more than once in a week, you're banned from doing mythic+ for the week and lose your cache for the week. If you want to disband the group before the minimum effort requirement then there is an option to do a vote to disband. 3 yes required to pass.
11/07/2018 01:58 PMPosted by Jubearlee
I want to express sympathy for having your time wasted but you are 100% dependent on the trust and skill of complete strangers who have nothing to risk other than their own time.

This is just a case where the "social" aspect of a MMOG is going to be here in all its glory. You gotta find people that want to help you, or at least people who don't want to actively disrupt you.

There are no set of mechanics or incentives that's going to make random pugs from other servers respect you or your time :(

Pretty much this. There are only 2 real fixes as far as I can see.

1. Don't run with pugs.

2. Blizzard would have to get rid of cross realm and the realm communities would need to go back to policing the server and keep a black list of commonly bad players.
11/07/2018 02:01 PMPosted by Comedy

1. Keys should not downgrade. Ever. It's too punishing for key holders and demoralizing. You should always be able to start a key over.
2. Minimum effort requirements. If you leave a group before 45 or 60 minutes more than once in a week, you're banned from doing mythic+ for the week and lose your cache for the week. If you want to disband the group before the minimum effort requirement then there is an option to do a vote to disband. 3 yes required to pass.

These are great solutions.

I agree keys should never downgrade and have already suggested long deserter penalties for leavers!

Number 1 sounds nice but the well of low quality keys would quickly and permanently dry up, cutting off an effective gearing path.

Number 2 would be extremely unpopular. Just another way of someone telling us how to enjoy the game.

1. Key should not downgrade IF you don't finish. If you finish the dungeon but not on time, the key should downgrade to prevent repeated spamming.
2. All this is going to lead to is someone afking in the instance or pulling extra mobs non stop. Also, if you think getting into a group is hard now, with this implemented...oh ho ho.

I suspect the intention was to drop it back if players weren't quite geared or good enough to pass the key at that level.
If someone leaves, the timer should freeze and the party should be able to replace. Yes, this can be abused but name a system which cannot be.

Edit: and by leaving I mean they left voluntarily or got DCd, the party should not be able to kick a participant.