Craziest theory you've actually entertained.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
Our planet is like a childs ant farm to a larger species, were all experiments.
At one time I used to believe Azeroth was slowly dissolving everything into monstrous chaos and goo and the Old Gods were actually all that was left of the original titans.
My dad, he was 97 at the time. He woke up one morning, and all proudly came in and announced he just realized something. That the world was flat, and it was all a conspiracy by governments around the world to convince us it was round. And to prove his point, he took a time and put it on the globe, and it fell off.

Well, he just looked so proud. Like he broke the Da Vinci Code. He was happy. So I didn't want to ruin that, so I just said "ok" and let it go. I mean, what harm could it be letting him think that, right? Well next thing you know, he is arguing with everyone about it. Sadly, I was the only person he really listened to. But hey, if you saw his face that morning, you wouldn't have wanted to burst his bubble either.
First time my grandmother ever pointed to her spider plant and told me what it was there was actually a tiny spider webbing down from it. I was certain that was in fact where spiders came from. When she later told me that the other plant was a snake plant I became afraid of that plant, certain that it must be where snakes came from. (I had been bitten by a snake when I was 4)

I wasn't a bright child and it took me some time to stop believing this.
That Bigfoot is real.
There is no spoon
When I was little an older kid told me that the little clear things (floaters) you see when you look at a really bright sky are worms feeding off your eyeballs.
11/08/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Infexshun
That Bigfoot is real.

He is. I saw the video.
11/08/2018 11:46 AMPosted by Mistblossom
Mattress Firm launders money.

Seriously, why are there three of them on the same corner? And why are they open so late? Who’s buying mattresses at 10pm? How many people have you ever seen in Mattress Firm? Certainly there is not that much demand for mattresses.

You know how easily you could hide cash in mattresses? Weapons?

The more I think about it, the more sense it makes...

In a similar vein, and friend and I are convinced that Best Buy exists solely to launder money, be it for drug cartels, Russian oligarchs, third world despots, New York real estate developers and their families, whatever.

Circuit City is long gone, yet Best Buy remains, even though every time I shopped in both, Circuit City had a better selection and lower prices, so Circuit City got my business. I go by a Best Buy in a shopping center once a week, and while there are cars parked out front, when I sit at the light in front of the store, I rarely see any people going in or out, and the ones coming out aren't carrying any purchases. Why is that?

Also, despite so many other brick and mortar stores going away from cheaper online competitors, Best Buy remains but I can't remember the last time I even went into one or looked at their website, nor can I find any family, friends, or neighbors that have done so. Heck, even Toys R Us is gone, yet another victim to competition, but mysteriously, Best Buy remains.

The only reasonable, logical conclusion as to the continued existence of Best Buy is that they are the front for an international money laundering juggernaut.

/moo
I had a teacher go off on a rant one day about how everything is complete BS.

For example, he asked the class who has been to space. No one answers. He pointed to a student. Asked him if space is real. Student says yes. How do you know? Idk, I guess I don't know. Threw his hands in the air and was like BOOM. You don't know anything til you know.

He did the same thing with gravity, religion, and government rofl. How do you KNOW gravity is why objects fall? Prove to me the earth is flat, having not gone to space, that may or may not exist.

Anyway, I walked out of class and !@#$ had me hardcore thinking for couple days not gonna lie.
I am the only person playing WoW...everyone else is an NPC.
11/08/2018 12:01 PMPosted by Lilywhite
11/08/2018 11:49 AMPosted by Zeropointt
...This is arguably true- atoms are like 99% empty space, and the two-slit experiments have proven that particles can exist in two different places at once.

Doesn’t that just prove existence is probablisitic rather than not existing at all?
But can something be said to “exist” as a quantum superposition requiring a collapsed wave function to be measured?

Greater minds than mine are arguing about it as we speak, but it’s an interesting conversation.
That reading WoW forums (especially GD) isn't bad for me.
That the Stormwind music actually has real lyrics.
Darth Jar Jar

I STILL believe it, I will not be persuaded otherwise until at the very least when episode 9 is released.
And Even then probably not.
I believe there is an unseen, unsympathetic loose organization of powerful people at work influencing world affairs to the detriment of mankind. Their machinations are not always successful, but on average they make things worse and worse for the common man. They impede the progress of mankind, and entrench their own wealth and power whenever they can.
That spilling spot remover on my dog, he would disappear.
That me dribbling a football was possible.
That Kul'Tirans can be Warlocks.
11/08/2018 11:46 AMPosted by Mistblossom
Mattress Firm launders money.

Seriously, why are there three of them on the same corner? And why are they open so late? Who’s buying mattresses at 10pm? How many people have you ever seen in Mattress Firm? Certainly there is not that much demand for mattresses.

You know how easily you could hide cash in mattresses? Weapons?

The more I think about it, the more sense it makes...

...O_O
A play on the hollow earth theory. That there are interconnecting tunnels under the earth that lead from continent to continent and people of the ancient past used these to travel around the world before we had the technology to sail across the oceans.
Merrily, life is but a dream. The implications are transawesome.