Mythic Raiding and lockouts

General Discussion
Just this week mythic raiding opened to cross realm. Seeing as how my realm looks to dead for mythic raiding I was finally able to join and kill mythic Taloc/Mother. Would someone more knowledgable and kind be able to tell me how lockouts work in mythic. I've been told I can't join a different pug or guild at say a Fetid,Zek,Vec etc. I've also been told that I can join a different boss like in heroic. Which is true and which is false and why? I've asked in trade/general chat but I can't seem to get an answer. Please help me with this so that I know going forward whether to join a pug or not.
You are done for the week. If you kill a boss or join with any bosses already killed that is the only group you get for the week. It does not work like heroic where you can join multiple groups.
In mythic once a boss is killed you are saved to that raid ID.

You cannot zone into another version of mythic Uldir other than that raid ID. You or anyone that was part of that raid ID can continue the raid if new comers are ok with getting saved to your ID with bosses already dead.

Think of it like Mythic is the actual zone, and what's dead is dead in your ID. No hoping around to magically alive bosses or anything else.
Has blizzard explained the reasoning behind this? I was happy when crossrealm mythic became open but now it looks like my original plan of transferring servers to find a guild is still my best bet of doing progression.
11/08/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Illionus
Has blizzard explained the reasoning behind this? I was happy when crossrealm mythic became open but now it looks like my original plan of transferring servers to find a guild is still my best bet of doing progression.

There is no reasonable logic behind it. To me it's been totally stupid, and since I have had to pug any Mythic Raids in the past it just ends up being too painful since most Mythic Raid pugs will only be good for 2 or 3 bosses before they fall apart.

It's some kind of elitist raiding logic. It's stupid, and they really need to remove that Mythic Raid lockout nonsense. I am surprised they haven't yet, since it would clearly cut into the Time Played metric when you are restricting people from playing the game.
They shouldn't have given them separate locks in the first place and once you kill the boss it should apply to all modes
Mythic lockouts are set the way they are to encourage people to stick with their initial group and not be all willy-nilly rage quitting and jumping from group to group and it seems to be working as intended.
11/08/2018 05:59 PMPosted by Mooñeca
Mythic lockouts are set the way they are to encourage people to stick with their initial group and not be all willy-nilly rage quitting and jumping from group to group and it seems to be working as intended.
Funnily enough, I've noticed most players do not know about the mythic raid ID save thing. So even now in legion mythic raids, they bail like crazy without realising they're screwing themselves over for the whole week lol.
Has blizzard explained the reasoning behind this?

The chances of 20 puggers sticking together after one wipe is low. This prevents no life puggers getting reported by fox new trying to get world first /first week completion and ruining the game for us all :)

Mythic raiding really isn't intended for pugs and has been set up with that in mind. I'd also suspect it's to stop people farming certain bosses with reroll tokens for certain items.

Mythic should be distinct from other content imo. So I view this as a good thing.
This is how lockouts in general used to work and there are a lot of positives to the system that Mythic still enjoys.
In Normal and Heroic it was destroyed for the sake of PuG life.
The results have not been positive.

Being able to hop around multiple groups or kill the same boss multiple times within a single lockout were not things players were capable of before. And Normal and Heroic raids have not benefited from players having the ability to do such.

In Mythic.
Groups are encouraged to stick together.

Structure. Cohesion. Groups are able to organize themselves around this system.

Difficult content requires coordination.
11/08/2018 05:33 PMPosted by Jumpingjim

There is no reasonable logic behind it. To me it's been totally stupid, and since I have had to pug any Mythic Raids in the past it just ends up being too painful since most Mythic Raid pugs will only be good for 2 or 3 bosses before they fall apart.

It's some kind of elitist raiding logic. It's stupid, and they really need to remove that Mythic Raid lockout nonsense. I am surprised they haven't yet, since it would clearly cut into the Time Played metric when you are restricting people from playing the game.

That's what we're going with now? Simply having an organized group equates to elitists?

Mythic isn't a difficulty intended to cater to PUGs, deal with it.
There is no reasonable logic behind it.

Its to protect puggers from themselves :)

Pretty good reason imo

The logic behind it is that mythic raid actually requires practice and coordination. Certain bosses requires hundreds of wipes to kills (bloody HFC Gorefiend for example). So a group that keeps disbanding won't be able to beat it.
The reason it's this way... is that if it didn't work this way, it'd be very very easy for organized groups to game the system constantly re-killing bosses to gear multiple toons and easily have a host of well geared alts to play on. As compared to now, where they'd either have to make the choice of bringing an alt OR their main to a boss; or literally having a completely separate alt raid (much larger commitment).

Long story short, it's the way it is as Mythic raiding is the literal last bastion of guild requirement for progress. You have 3 different modes of raiding that are obscenely accessible and have cross realm mythic raiding (albeit abit slow on the release of this). Please leave it alone. I would not be interested in running split and partial split clears of mythic just so you can wipe repeatedly on Mythic Zek'voz.
That lockout is it for you. No joining a different one, just can invite people who haven't done mythic to your lockout.

Mythic raiding is not pug friendly. It isn't designed to be pug friendly nor should it be designed that way. Mythic is a place for guilds and longstanding groups, at least if you want to get anywhere deep into it. You can say that is elitist if you want but it is the last place left that operates that way and there is nothing wrong with it being like it is.

they got you to spend $$$ to enjoy your gaming experience. that is the reason.
I'm not upset that it's this way. I was just wondering about it. It's sort of making my decision to transfer to a bigger server easier.
2018 and still we have to deal with lockouts.. for 0 actual reasons..
11/08/2018 07:31 PMPosted by Edisbelee
2018 and still we have to deal with lockouts.. for 0 actual reasons..

Why does adding a year to something make it a legit argument?

2018 and still need to deal with getting a job.

2018 and still need to do with eating food.

2018 and still need to deal with paying taxes.

There are reasons like not being able to skip bosses by shifting lockouts from other PUG leaders.

Encouraging people to stick it out on bosses that take hundreds of wipes.

Not being able to spam boss over and over with bonus rolls.

It's pretty much the last mechanics for encouraging making long term friends in this game.