Blizzard stock 15% down

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
doom day incoming
That's not how it works.
stocks go up and down? who knew? thanks chicken little
Chief Economist Gaiger announcing the future of Blizzard.
Dented cans are half off and Blizzard is down 4 points!
11/09/2018 07:13 AMPosted by Inviscerate
stocks go up and down? who knew? thanks chicken little

Other players in the tech sector list 1.5 - 2 points declines.

ATVI - down 14.45%
Jim Cramer should i buy or sell?
11/09/2018 07:12 AMPosted by Gaiger
doom day incoming

Man, if I thought like you do Id have LOST money on my investments over the last 30+ years instead of never losing a dime in all that time.
This happens all the time. Its not that big a deal unless the false prophets actually end up stirring up investors and freaking them out with fake news that the worlds are colliding and THAT bad information causes people to stop investing
Already lost over a years growth and then some in a matter of days thanks to the diablo fiasco + lower than expected numbers in the report they do each quarter.

That said if you look at their past 5 years for stock price they are actually still up a lot so I wouldn’t worry until it drops at least 30%, also once they garbage mobile game comes out I’m sure it will make a lot of money on the Asian markets and the stock will climb again.
Oh look, yet another “ATVI stock is dropping” thread to bait out some more deadbeat “lol wow is dying” comments.
11/09/2018 07:25 AMPosted by Jatari
doom day incoming

Man, if I thought like you do Id have LOST money on my investments over the last 30+ years instead of never losing a dime in all that time.
This happens all the time. Its not that big a deal unless the false prophets actually end up stirring up investors and freaking them out with fake news that the worlds are colliding and THAT bad information causes people to stop investing

Well its already a lot and many fear the 2008 will comes again soon and gaming shares are usualy the last thing you want in that scenario.

Personaly I already spent back my money in gold mines
11/09/2018 07:34 AMPosted by Dontfightme
, also once they garbage mobile game comes out I’m sure it will make a lot of money on the Asian markets and the stock will climb again.

Well it depend how they planed their futur income. If the total succes of Diablo immortale was planned already in their futur income then they probably tought it would bring more money then it will.

Sure the game will probably be popular in Asia but they clearly tought it would be bringing a lot of money in north america and europe. Wich they aren,t sure anymore.
Most of the decline is because of "poor" results from Call of Duty's release.
We're headed towards another economic crash worse than in 2008 thanks to Trump so people are avoiding investing in video games. It's a trend displayed not in just ATVI.
Tech is down pretty much across the board right now.
Nah
Expected when you miss Wall Street’s numbers. Nothing earth shattering going on.
Only brought in $1.51B third quarter. Sinking ship it’s not.
Its still not the low point for 2018.
I hope it drops to a fraction of a fraction that way I can buy up the whole company and make Ion mow my lawn on the weekends.
11/09/2018 07:25 AMPosted by Jatari
doom day incoming

The drop is due to Blizzard being seemingly out of touch with it's customer base, defend it all you want, it will probably go back up, however it shows that customer dissatisfaction can manifest in ways beyond the forums.

If you release a product and your company value goes down that should be a sign you need to do things differently, it's not a time to sit back and relax cus these things happen all the time. It is a big deal.