Enhance nerfs and changes

Arenas
I don’t agree with the idea that enhance needs more damage. I think the mana nerf was overkill though.
These "buffs" that people keep mentioning for enhance are buffs to talents shamans don't even use and the talents still won't compete with the current meta even with the buffs.

The issue is that so many non experienced players get on posts and comment on things they know nothing about.

We're getting nerfed to the point where people will ask, "why take enhancement shaman, when I can take class a, b, c, etc."
11/10/2018 02:15 PMPosted by Judea
These "buffs" that people keep mentioning for enhance are buffs to talents shamans don't even use and the talents still won't compete with the current meta even with the buffs.

The issue is that so many non experienced players get on posts and comment on things they know nothing about.

We're getting nerfed to the point where people will ask, "why take enhancement shaman, when I can take class a, b, c, etc."

I’m within the top 1% of players. So I wouldn’t say I’m inexperienced. Different opinions ?
11/10/2018 02:31 PMPosted by Myracle
I’m within the top 1% of players. So I wouldn’t say I’m inexperienced. Different opinions ?

you are literally a 2k player you arnt within the top 90% of players
your highest is 2400 one time from 10 years ago
you've hardly scraped rival since then
and this xpax you've literally not been above 1700
you are one of the worst players ive ever encountered on like 3 different fotm specs

the only thing worse than your gameplay and achievements is your attitude

no clue where you're getting your numbers from [b][/b]
11/10/2018 01:07 PMPosted by Moltkè
11/10/2018 12:58 PMPosted by Steelgear
Unhealable damage is calling utility now?

everyone practically does the same damage as enhance,

practically
I dont think it’s fair to quote me this expansion because blizzard ruined MW gameplay and I haven’t Q’d in over a month. I’ve openly discussed my disdain for the PvP this expansion.

So I guess I’m not very good at a game that isn’t very good? Back when this game required more than a headset and a FoTM comp, I was one of the top 5 shamans NA and even in legion I was in the top 10 Rshams on alliance and within top 7 of elementals.

I farmed many good teams playing WoTC monk in legion even though many people told me to stop playing it in 3’s. Me and a few other monks were the first to play WoTC and created the whole play style of which talents to choose.
Turbo is exciting and more fun than fighting a Giant chicken hiding behind a Demon.
11/10/2018 02:43 PMPosted by Myracle
I farmed many good teams playing WoTC monk in legion even though many people told me to stop playing it in 3’s

i dont know what good teams you farmed since your monk literally capped at 2300
playing the easiest spec in the game to get rating on

human wotc mw was probably the strongest thing to come out of legion
thats going over destro even xd

I was one of the top 5 shamans NA and even in legion I was in the top 10 Rshams on alliance

then why were you 2300 i think there were like? 1500 shamans above 2300 probably? of each spec?

I was one of the top 5 shamans NA

thats weird you've always been a barely arena master play so i think this is a statistic of either your imagination or you're going based off your realm with 12 active players
11/10/2018 02:40 PMPosted by Netheerix
11/10/2018 01:07 PMPosted by Moltkè

everyone practically does the same damage as enhance,

practically

LMAO how can someone be that brain dead. Yeah everyones practically doing 15k dps consistently.
If you ever see a shaman doing 15k dps.

Click details and go to damage.

You will see forked lightning and chain lightning both doing around 20% of the damage each. Plus he probably maintained static cling all game giving an extra 15%.

Now imagine those talents not being there.

People thinking we are getting buffed because of boulderfist, hailstorm and fury of air?? It’s just hilarious to anyone that actually plays a shaman.

Since the healing nerfs enhance have only been relevant in turbo. I guess people arnt happy unless we’re just not relevant at all...
11/10/2018 03:25 PMPosted by Snizfork

You will see forked lightning and chain lightning both doing around 20% of the damage each. Plus he probably maintained static cling all game giving an extra 15%.

People thinking we are getting buffed because of boulderfist, hailstorm and fury of air?? It’s just hilarious to anyone that actually plays a shaman.

Since the healing nerfs enhance have only been relevant in turbo. I guess people arnt happy unless we’re just not relevant at all...

Enhancement shaman and rogue = good game.
Enhancement shaman and enhancement shaman = good game.
(Insert enhancement shaman here) and any other class = good game

And now you guys are getting a damage buff..... You guys are already a pain in the butt to fight, because of how much damage you guys do in live. Now Blizzard is buffing you guys, so you'll do even more damage in live...... See what the problem is?
11/10/2018 05:13 PMPosted by Danielle
11/10/2018 03:25 PMPosted by Snizfork

Enhancement shaman and rogue = good game.
Enhancement shaman and enhancement shaman = good game.
(Insert enhancement shaman here) and any other class = good game

And now you guys are getting a damage buff..... You guys are already a pain in the butt to fight, because of how much damage you guys do in live. Now Blizzard is buffing you guys, so you'll do even more damage in live...... See what the problem is?

Look at this 95 mage .... is he talking? must be a 120 rogue main combatant that can’t break 1800 playing fire mage rogue hpal
11/10/2018 09:48 AMPosted by Moltkè
Enhance utility is what makes it good. Our damage is on par with rogues that set up damage and have lots of cc.

Enhance’s comparative strength, since it doesn’t have a lot of cc, comes from utility such as grounding, tremor, off heals and purge.

Enhance damage is now being reworked and a significant amount of its damage came from static cling (removed) and forked/ride the lightning that have been nerfed and made it one talent that only allows one or the other talent to proc and will only hit 2 targets instead of 3.

Enhance utility/support in the sense of off healing was directly nerfed by 33% and indirectly by mana regen nerf.

Enhance utility in the sense of purge was nerfed due to now poor mana regen.

Enhance utility was also affected in that its totems still cost mana and if an enhance purges or off heals too much it can’t cast totems like grounding or cap totem for 2-3 seconds which can be game changing in arenas

They have now nerfed lightning shield to no longer build maelstrom on overcharge as well as our windfury talent nerf from 100-80%, which are major talent choices and significantly further nerfs enhance damage output.

in response to all these nerfs they reverted the initial 5% overall damage nerf that went out with the nerf to enhance’s off healing and mana regen

Blizzard had originally promised a rework to enhance in 8.1 before the release of BFAlpha. Instead of a rework they nerf enhance based on the current static cling/ride the lightning/forked lightning talents that were left over from legion.

And instead of a thought out and planned rework enhance has received reactionary nerfs and changes. Nothing blizzard has been done to enhance was done with any forethought or any form of planning; only reactionary measures.

It’s sad, lazy and embarrassing.

You're high lmao enh damage is insane if you cant cut it with the casual 15k dps in arena ape spec maybe play a different game?
The responses to this thread makes me lose my faith in humanity. The level of retar…

"you have good damage, - your spec is good" damage is getting nerfed

"you're getting (buffed)" - to talents we still won't use cause they will still be worse than the nerfed talents

Yes, we are damage lords when we have uptime and procs. nerf that (again) and we are useless.

As it stands, enhancement shaman isn't OP, it's just isn't. it's like a melee glass cannon as long as it has uptime. great damage, poor defensives. We're OK with that, we have our usefulness.

The problem is, every single time a class has some usefulness even if it isn't OP, it gets nerfed to being useless. We don't want more dks and sub rogue treatment. When you have something good going, improve on it or leave it the hell alone. Stop moving backwards.

And everyone that wants more of this done to classes that aren't yours.. guess what, it's only a matter of time before they make your class useless too. I mean how is sub rogue trash right now? It's a sub rogue! Stop the madness...
11/10/2018 08:26 PMPosted by Survïvalïst
You're high lmao enh damage is insane if you cant cut it with the casual 15k dps in arena ape spec maybe play a different game?

hey dumbass i want you to re-read what you just responded to because you apparently never passed 4th grade reading comprehension

11/10/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Moltkè
this is all for 8.1 hello?

read what i wrote and stop being an !@#, talk to me about what i wrote
The negative responses here are neither constructive nor thought out.

All the negative responses are from people that have never played enhance.

Since they therefore have never played the spec and occasionally get one shot because they are !@#$ and can't break 1800 they think its okay to make silly changes that completely dismantle the spec in 8.1

It is not enhance that is keeping you from breaking 1800 it is your under-powered brain.. now please buff it and learn to read and make constructive posts
11/10/2018 10:43 PMPosted by Moltkè
The negative responses here are neither constructive nor thought out.

All the negative responses are from people that have never played enhance.

Since they therefore have never played the spec and occasionally get one shot because they are !@#$ and can't break 1800 they think its okay to make silly changes that completely dismantle the spec in 8.1

It is not enhance that is keeping you from breaking 1800 it is your under-powered brain.. now please buff it and learn to read and make constructive posts

It is incredibly easy for an enhancement shaman to one shot right now. It is incredibly easy for ONE enhancement shaman to control an entire battleground too... I have seen it happen. Just go watch some of the enhancement bg videos that Hazzed has put out. But all I see from this thread is whining about buffs. I'm sorry, but I had to put up with years of my pvp toon being useless. And here you are complaining about damage buffs and being able to one shot people. I'm sorry if some of us just don't care...

Go resto if you don't know how to play enhancement. I hear they are super easy to play and you don't have to cast as much as resto druids do...
I have a good idea. Lets make dh blade dance also make targets that are hit with blade dance, get knocked back and perform their own blade dances and then also have blade dance's cd reset if anyone gets hit by blade dance.

BFA class design would never be better than having one button ape specs everywhere where the top 5 damaging abilities are from melee hits and 1 ability. Passive cleave for just existing is the future.
11/10/2018 11:40 PMPosted by Danielle
I'm sorry, but I had to put up with years of my pvp toon being useless.

post on main or not worth responding. also go back through thread and read about said "buffs" you obviously can't read

just because you were supposedly useless on a toon its okay for that to happen to enhance? I don;t understand your reasoning.
11/11/2018 12:19 AMPosted by Netheerix
BFA class design would never be better than having one button ape specs everywhere where the top 5 damaging abilities are from melee hits and 1 ability

are you whining about something in particular?

are you personally angry about BFA?

both posts netheerix and danielle seem to have personal vandettas here and don't actually care about balance