Classic Box Cost

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16
11/14/2018 07:05 PMPosted by Ganèlon
''tourist ''what a wonderful insult,like caravan or,immigrant

Enough with the concern trolling derails.
11/14/2018 08:25 PMPosted by Brokenwind
11/14/2018 07:05 PMPosted by Ganèlon
''tourist ''what a wonderful insult,like caravan or,immigrant

Problem is, i'm not on anybody's side, classic players don't want tourists, i'm in that group of ''tourists'' and they want to push me out, my mocking their insults is not ''concern trolling'',pop culture stupidity.
11/14/2018 08:45 PMPosted by Ganèlon
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Problem is, i'm not on anybody's side, classic players don't want tourists, i'm in that group of ''tourists'' and they want to push me out, my mocking their insults is not ''concern trolling'',pop culture stupidity.

I am so very sorry that I feel that you should actually have skin in the game in the way of an access fee. You maybe right, you may be more likely to not be “pushed out” if you do not have to pay a dime above what you are for a completely different game. Would hate for you to not play a game that you are not willing to pay for.

As a typical tourist, you display the common disregard for the damage that will be inflicted on server populations and communities. Your ability to get it cost free is ever so more important.
11/14/2018 09:03 PMPosted by Brokenwind
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I am so very sorry that I feel that you should actually have skin in the game in the way of an access fee. You maybe right, you may be more likely to not be “pushed out” if you do not have to pay a dime above what you are for a completely different game. Would hate for you to not play a game that you are not willing to pay for.

outside of the subscription fee you have to pay you mean right? Try having more faith in former players who spent 10+ years asking for this to come back in greater numbers than the current players.

As a typical tourist, you display the common disregard for the damage that will be inflicted on server populations and communities. Your ability to get it cost free is ever so more important.

Except you aren't really either, you are ONLY worried about one player source(the one that will be by far the smallest), you only focus on current players ,solely because of your irrational hatred of them and the current game, Vanilla had 'tourists', had dead servers as a result and it had both a sub and box cost, it made no difference then, it will make no difference now, the ones that want to play will pay any silly box fee to play if it was required(I would), the ones that spent years hating on Classic aren't going to waste their time or HD space with a game anymore than you will on current WoW, which as you always leave out, you also get for free with a WoW sub.

outside of the subscription fee you have to pay you mean right? Try having more faith in former players who spent 10+ years asking for this to come back in greater numbers than the current players.

Your gimmick is still a gimmick, no matter how often you spam it. If you are already subscribed to retail you are as of now getting classic at no additional cost. The ONLY ones paying for classic are the ones like me that you mentioned, who begged for 10 years and are not currently subscribed to retail. We seem to be the only ones actually concerned about the populations and communities. Heaven forbid you should think beyond your tired gimmick to try to justify your entitlement.

Wait they announced they're getting rid of the sub fee?
11/14/2018 09:15 PMPosted by Brokenwind
Your gimmick is still a gimmick, no matter how often you spam it

lol not a 'gimmick', just a constant correction of you misrepresenting something.

f you are already subscribed to retail you are as of now getting classic at no additional cost.

So? I still have to PAY the sub for access, and once you pay the sub , guess what? You ALSO get Classic AND base WoW for 'free'.

t. The ONLY ones paying for classic are the ones like me that you mentioned, who begged for 10 years and are not currently subscribed to retail.

Um no, everyone who pays the sub is paying for Classic. and no, there are plenty of current players who have asked Blizzard for years for it.

We seem to be the only ones actually concerned about the populations and communities. Heaven forbid you should think beyond your tired gimmick to try to justify your entitlement.

Except as i pointed out in my edit, you realyl aren't concerned with that at all, you are only worried about keeping current players away from Classic as none of what you have every suggested would make any bit of difference, the ones that were going to play will pay the silly box fee.

No the only one who is being entitled here is you, all you want is your own private little Classic that only those you think should be there can play.

No, I'm the realistic one, the one who is not discounting the former subs, who along with many current ones, asked for this for 10+ years, and who you now think will only be a very small amount.
Some people will still be unhappy even when they get their Vanilla shake.

I say, you're getting the Vanilla shake - figure out how to enjoy it.
More people who want to pay more money stuff? Is this a trend now?

You know, I'm pretty sure if you want to just give Blizzard some money, they won't turn you down.
11/11/2018 09:31 AMPosted by Brokenwind
Disappointed in the decision to bundle the subs and (at least for now) not have a separate Classic sub option.

That said, can we at least get a separate box cost for access to classic?

It would:
- help alleviate temporary bloat and subsequent dead realms
- servers would be more stable population-wise over time
- remove the bulk of the need for sharding
- give a solid idea of how many servers will be needed
- allow blizzard to set up a separate classic forum for those with a monetary commitment
- with a separate forum group, feedback would be limited to those with a vested interest

The subs would still be bundled, but there would be a box cost, akin to what one would have to pay for BFA access.

A very good to-the-point post from later on in this thread:
11/13/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Moibur
If 2-4 million players are allowed to FREELY enjoy a completely separate/different game, then there will be a much greater need for additional servers at launch to accommodate. This will inevitably lead to a higher number of dead servers not far down the road when these "tourists" leave.

Having some type of barrier to entry, in this case $, would greatly reduce this outcome. The people who really want to play Classic will have no issue with an up-front cost. The people who don't care and do have an issue with paying will likely not purchase Classic and that's really the point of all this..

It's about community, not elitism. It's about participation, not entitlements. It's also about fairness - if someone in Classic wants to play Retail, they'd need to buy the current "box" of the game.

Another good post about how the current setup would necessitate sharding:
11/11/2018 10:05 AMPosted by Switzy
A box cost would weed out the true tourists; players who are going to play Classic solely because it is essentially free. The vast majority of such players are likely to leave after a few levels, but not before artificially congesting starting zones, thus forcing Blizzard to consider sharding. I would 100% pay an extra $20-40 if it meant a smoother launch and definitely if it meant no sharding.

A decent (albeit short-term) alternative:
11/11/2018 10:36 AMPosted by Bandajo
This very clearly seems like an idea that would solve alot of problems it doesn't even need to be permanent - current retail subs could still be given access for no cost after some of the dust had settled.

You won't get upvotes because people just want free stuff, but I think this is very sensible for the health of classic and Blizzard's bottom line.

Even if they make the box cost 20 bucks It would work well. There has to be a dollar price on it.
11/14/2018 11:28 PMPosted by Cybertilded
Even if they make the box cost 20 bucks It would work well. There has to be a dollar price on it.

Would make zero difference, Vanilla had dead servers and tourists, people are not going to be discouraged because of a box cost.
If you have a level 120 character you are a bfa retail player.
Idc if you quit 2 minutes after hitting 120 or 2 months into bfa.
I love how this guy has a 120 and still thinks he's the long lost tribe of classic.
Good god man the mental gymnastics you've pulled off to convince yourself that you are somehow different than current players is absolutely mind boggling to me.
All you're looking for is for blizz to validate you're mental gymnastics and pay for a headstart.
This has nothing to do with controlling the rush at launch. If there is one.
Funny this forum went from claiming millions will play classic to: theres only about a 100k but there are millions of retail players who want to ruin our game. LOL
11/14/2018 11:28 PMPosted by Cybertilded

Agreed.

It is funny to see the effort others are putting into arguing against ideas like this, but all the while claiming it wouldn't prevent anything. They doth protest too much.
If this was a thread saying that those coming back just for classic should have less of a sub fee they would be falling all over themselves to call the OP cheap, poor, and so on.
11/15/2018 06:53 AMPosted by Brokenwind
Agreed.

It is funny to see the effort others are putting into arguing against ideas like this, but all the while claiming it wouldn't prevent anything. They doth protest too much.
If this was a thread saying that those coming back just for classic should have less of a sub fee they would be falling all over themselves to call the OP cheap, poor, and so on.

Or you can just enjoy your vanilla shake with everyone else.

Arguing that you must have a box cost is now a moot point, but you insist on carrying on with this.

Blizzard is handing you a free shake, and you're angry that everyone isn't paying for it.