In Legion - should I purchase Bfa?

Returning Player Help and Discussion
I took a few years off and came back recently. Leveled a Hunter up to 101 to get back into the game then switched over to my lvl 100 Monk. Have him at 110 now and playing through Legion content. I would like to finish the Legion expansion off before I move on to Bfa. I want to unlock flying for any future alts.

Now my questions …
Since I am max level now should I buy Bfa? Not sure if I would start to earn some experience or if I should even mess with it until I just complete Legion. I am a very casual player. Really don't pvp or raid much and not a speed leveler. I just take my time playing through the game.
11/11/2018 01:32 PMPosted by Murdokai
Since I am max level now should I buy Bfa? Not sure if I would start to earn some experience or if I should even mess with it until I just complete Legion.

If you buy BfA and don't turn off your experience then you will immediately start to gain XP. If you want to finish off some of the Legion content then you may want to wait as leveling past 110 can make it somewhat harder to do some of that content (e.g. you can no longer queue for Legion dungeons). Alternatively if you level to 120 you can go back and do that content without too much bother (because you'll be able to solo most of the dungeon content and some of the raid content).
Also note that BfA has its own Pathfinder, but only part 1 is available right now (and not all that strenuous from what I've heard). Probably still a few more months before part 2 and flight are added.

For Legion's, 100 unique world quests and the revered faction reps take longer than the rest, IIRC expect at least a couple weeks overall. Part 2 is just explore the Broken Shore and revered with Armies of Legionfall -- the exploration is easily done the first time you follow Khadgar out there after turning in "Uniting the Isles," so you'd just have to work on an extra rep.
xxx
Thanks for the advice. Sounds like it makes sense to hold off and wrap up Legion first. I didn't know I would get locked out of some of the dungeons if I leveled past 110. That would have been a bummer. I would rather just join a random group as I need to do them and keep working my way through the quest chains.
Thanks again!