Too easy to predict winners on gear

Battlegrounds
1 2 3 6 Next
Tons of under 100k players on one team almost guarantees a win on the other side

gearing to a minimum level (like the old honor gear) takes WAY too long nowadays
I do think they should make it much easier to gear alts. It's not like people with 350 gear - anyone who's been BGing and collecting conquest for a while - need the relative junk that comes out of strongboxes. And I would not mind at all if fresher 120s could jump to ~330 very quickly after starting to play BGs (that would help my alts too).
11/11/2018 07:06 PMPosted by Kugsneak
Tons of under 100k players on one team almost guarantees a win on the other side

gearing to a minimum level (like the old honor gear) takes WAY too long nowadays

Na, gear plays less of a role than you think. Azerite traits do, but ilvl doesn't matter so much.
Gear doesn't matter. Low HP gives illusion of weakness, but in actuality those players will do just as much damage.
I have found gearing to be pretty easy, I guess maybe i'm just lucky with RNG on world boss drops and such, but if I level'd another alt to 120, I could easily get 330-340 in the first week of getting there
11/11/2018 07:59 PMPosted by Utterly
I do think they should make it much easier to gear alts. It's not like people with 350 gear - anyone who's been BGing and collecting conquest for a while - need the relative junk that comes out of strongboxes. And I would not mind at all if fresher 120s could jump to ~330 very quickly after starting to play BGs (that would help my alts too).

Among other things, revert the requirement to be ilvl 320 to go into warfronts.
11/11/2018 08:01 PMPosted by Magnificent

Na, gear plays less of a role than you think. Azerite traits do, but ilvl doesn't matter so much.

You're talking to a player that blames everything but themselves.
11/11/2018 08:01 PMPosted by Magnificent

Where do you get Azerite traits if not on gear?
11/11/2018 09:52 PMPosted by Yarrow
11/11/2018 07:59 PMPosted by Utterly

Among other things, revert the requirement to be ilvl 320 to go into warfronts.

Agree. What do you think about ilvl and azerite traits "not mattering"? I know you are a reasonable person so I'm interested in your thoughts.

JMO, it feels like gear does matter. I feel like I perform better on my 350+ ilvl "main" as compared to my ~270 ilvl alt of the same class and spec (DPS). I feel like I do more damage on my main and can function/kill people more easily. I know that is just my personal experience, but that's all I have to go on.
It's more about the player behind the keyboard. Could be different for melee, since they are upfront and personal in the midst of everything though...
This is why I love playing my new lock, people charging me like I'm gonna die and then boom 3secs later they are wondering how they died so fast.

Traits a the biggest factor, higher ilvl traits are better and general gear doesn't matter as much.
I still do wish I knew how it worked, exactly. I've heard azerite traits benefit some class/specs moreso than others. That strikes me as messed up, especially if you can't get the traits you really want/need unless you raid or play rated. I have fun even in my average (?) gear but, I do wish it were much more clear as to how gear matters.
11/11/2018 11:06 PMPosted by Neltherial
This is why I love playing my new lock, people charging me like I'm gonna die and then boom 3secs later they are wondering how they died so fast.

Traits a the biggest factor, higher ilvl traits are better and general gear doesn't matter as much.

Witnessed his new lock first hand.

Utterly, do you play around this time? If so, add me juga#1485 You'll see we aren't some scary force, and we do get a lot of good pre vs pre matches.
My brothers decided to come back and play one since I showed him it
Gearing is just utterly !@#$ing boring in BfA. Pvp gearing is mostly rng. Gearing through pve isn't much better. Plus with pve you get the added benefit of being even more bored. Wish I couod find another decently populated mmorpg with half decent pvp.
this is the most ridiculous thing people keep going on about. Low ilvl people still do fine in BGs with scaling. Just queue up and learn your rotations and then you are GTG
11/11/2018 11:24 PMPosted by Jugajr
11/11/2018 11:06 PMPosted by Neltherial

Witnessed his new lock first hand.

Utterly, do you play around this time? If so, add me juga#1485 You'll see we aren't some scary force, and we do get a lot of good pre vs pre matches.

Friend request sent! If I ever play with you I hope you guys don't yell at me. lol I enjoy epics more than the smaller ones.
I don’t yell at anyone. Bring your 280 ilvl alt. Idc. All I want is some fun Bgs. Anyway have a gn, I’ll accept when I log in tomorrow night.
Sweet. G'night.