Too easy to predict winners on gear

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
11/12/2018 10:21 AMPosted by Yarrow
11/12/2018 09:47 AMPosted by Jugajr
? I see a lot of horde teams with the same number of players below 100k They are called alts and both factions have them.

And yet the worst you've mentioned is 7 out of 15, not the 7 out of 10 that's typical for Alliance during prime time.

Because I don't see that many even playing at prime time. And I see them both sides. Just look at Legion where they had the non prestige bracket and both sides had a healthy amount of "noobs"
I do agree

I think they're should be a legion system in place till you reach a item level
11/12/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Terrora
I do agree

They kinda do but it's for honor levels.
I do agree

Bracketing by Conquest step rather than by Honor would be much better. Instead of putting people in the high bracket at Honor level 30 or 31, put them in the high bracket when they've turned in Conquest's Reward 8 or 9 times.
11/12/2018 11:32 AMPosted by Yarrow
I do agree

Bracketing by Conquest step rather than by Honor would be much better. Instead of putting people in the high bracket at Honor level 30 or 31, put them in the high bracket when they've turned in Conquest's Reward 8 or 9 times.

That’s an excellent idea.
You guys and gals miss templates yet?
11/12/2018 10:21 AMPosted by Yarrow
<span class="truncated">...</span>
? I see a lot of horde teams with the same number of players below 100k They are called alts and both factions have them.

And yet the worst you've mentioned is 7 out of 15, not the 7 out of 10 that's typical for Alliance during prime time.

So what you are saying is players on horde should be punished because they play less alts and alliance players, who presumably play more alts, should be rewarded for that?

Or that players who focus on one character (me?) are penalized in some way for that?

So what you are saying is players on horde should be punished because they play less alts and alliance players, who presumably play more alts, should be rewarded for that?

Or that players who focus on one character (me?) are penalized in some way for that?

I'm not saying that at all. I just think we need to be realistic about facts before deciding how - and whether - we should address them. And right now, the facts are that Alliance are undergeared.

That's because right now, Horde can easily focus on one character if they want to, but Alliance can't without being disadvantaged, for two major reasons. First, we have a slight disadvantage in racials which pushes all the serious PVE raiding and rated PVP groups to Horde. Second, we have the war mode imbalance which penalizes our Azerite gain rate and Azerite levels.

What I think we need is a slight buff to Alliance racials - not all the way to prenerf EMFH, but maybe half way there - to get more balance in available end game guilds and groups. Second, the war mode imbalance needs to be addressed. Neither of those unfairly penalizes you; they would just give the Alliance more options, and incidentally would likely balance gear in battlegrounds.

I would note that Blizzard seems to see these issues, since they are trying to address both of these in 8.1. They are nerfing your racials, instead of buffing ours, but it addresses the racial imbalance. They are addressing the war mode imbalance by giving the minority faction a larger bonus. It remains to be seen whether these changes actually fix the problems, but at least they are working towards a fix.
11/12/2018 07:21 AMPosted by Magnificent
11/11/2018 11:24 PMPosted by Jugajr

Witnessed his new lock first hand.

Utterly, do you play around this time? If so, add me juga#1485 You'll see we aren't some scary force, and we do get a lot of good pre vs pre matches.

His new lock is my biggest fan, oh my meatballs =(

I tend to kick greater, I just happened to see your name and couldn't help my self ;)

I'm watching, always watching.
11/12/2018 06:39 AMPosted by Jdpp
My pally hit 120 on Thursday night. Playing as heals in a bg with 280 gear is night and day difference than playing with 330 gear even with tank trinkets on. Light of the martyr went from a 9k heal to a 14k heal.. 50% ish increase. (again this is with tank trinkets).

As your power increases so does the enemy.
TY @Yarrow for your reply. I hear you. I guess for now I will prioritize my weapon (next conquest reward, yay!) and maybe use my Warlord Trophy on whatever azerite piece seems best.

Idk I see the same undergeared on both sides. And the low geared people I see and as playing as one a few weeks ago, were not getting blown up. You even said so yourself. What is causing their stomps is far beyond gear.
Just make sure to gear your alts up before the games and you wont be back in here crying.
11/12/2018 06:30 PMPosted by Jugajr

Idk I see the same undergeared on both sides. And the low geared people I see and as playing as one a few weeks ago, were not getting blown up. You even said so yourself. What is causing their stomps is far beyond gear.

Yea, i'm going with what she was saying, that it's everything under the sun except the players themselves. I honestly think gear is about pointless in this expac.
Cept I see wins almost every time against undergeared teams. Think the max delta in the current scaling goes to 20% or more, plus azurite traits. Extremely unintuitive this new system.

Anyways, my point is that maybe the scaling needs a higher floor or there needs to be a set of honor gear that is much faster to acquire, to achieve a minimum competitive gearing floor.
11/12/2018 06:07 PMPosted by Utterly
TY @Yarrow for your reply. I hear you. I guess for now I will prioritize my weapon (next conquest reward, yay!) and maybe use my Warlord Trophy on whatever azerite piece seems best.

I wonder what happens to Azerite traits that get pushed up to a Heart of Azeroth level one doesn't have.
11/13/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Yarrow
11/12/2018 06:07 PMPosted by Utterly

I wonder what happens to Azerite traits that get pushed up to a Heart of Azeroth level one doesn't have.
I’m already 25 just doing randoms. It’s really not that bad.
The 370 items require up to the mid 30s heart level. If the traits stay through upgrade, that could make upgrading an Azerite item quite a good deal.

In case it's not clear, I consider that a good thing, not a bad thing, for the system if not for myself.
...Idk I see the same undergeared on both sides. And the low geared people I see and as playing as one a few weeks ago, were not getting blown up. You even said so yourself. What is causing their stomps is far beyond gear.

Yea, i'm going with what she was saying, that it's everything under the sun except the players themselves. I honestly think gear is about pointless in this expac.

Agreed. Players themselves need to take more accountability in each BG. The ones I lose have nothing to do with gear since both sides are relatively the same.
11/13/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Jugajr

Agreed. Players themselves need to take more accountability in each BG. The ones I lose have nothing to do with gear since both sides are relatively the same.

You said it...... thank you almost gave up on humanity..