Can't mine Obsidian Ore until 80

Bug Report
Glad to see that the new crafting system is working well at all levels.
You can learn to smelt Obsidian at 78. I've always tended to push into the next zones before I can do the content (sorry, Blizzard makes the questing content too easy, I want the challenge of being in over my head). So in standard fashion, off I went to Mt. Hyjal, and what to my surprise do I see. Can't mine Obsidian until level 80.
Cata content is not intended to be started until 80. This is different from Outland and Northrend that could be started 2 levels early, but is intended.
11/11/2018 11:18 PMPosted by Minidecay
Cata content is not intended to be started until 80. This is different from Outland and Northrend that could be started 2 levels early, but is intended.

They're not talking about questing, they're talking about mining. Being entirely unable to mine obsidian until character level 80 seems a bit unusual. Do you have cataclysm mining, Akhala?
11/12/2018 09:31 AMPosted by Etamalgren
They're not talking about questing, they're talking about mining. Being entirely unable to mine obsidian until character level 80 seems a bit unusual. Do you have cataclysm mining, Akhala?

Yes I have cataclysm mining which allows smelting of Obsidian Ore at level 78, according to my Professions log and the trainers in SW.