Vengeance Demon Hunters? Hello?

Battlegrounds
Gut this disgusting spec in PvP already. No class should be allowed to do what they can do on flag carrying maps.

-Disable double jumping and gliding with the flag so they can't get to unreachable spots. I've seen them jump on top of the huts outside the WSG bases and on the archways that sit at the ends of the paths leading up to them.
-No more jumping from the ground to ledges with no path leading up to it.

Can't use Warlock gate while holding the flag but leap x2, demonic trample, and infinite kiting utility while having raid boss survivability are just fine. They need to be toned down so they aren't mandatory for rated battlegrounds.

This is the most un-fun and broken BS I've ever seen in battlegrounds.
Today's your lucky day. Read the patch notes.
Lol
11/12/2018 03:40 AMPosted by Signey
Today's your lucky day. Read the patch notes.

Is this what you're referencing? From wowhead:

PvP Talents

Demonic Trample You enter Metamorphosis, moving at 200%Transform to demon form, moving at 175% increased speed for 53 sec, knocking down all enemies in your path and dealing (10.3194% of Attack power) Physical damage.
During Demonic Trample you are unaffected by snares but cannot cast spells or use your normal attacks. Shares charges with Infernal Strike.
Cooldown changed from 45 sec cooldown to 20 sec recharge
Charges changed from None to 2 Charges

This does nothing to address the concerns expressed in the OP. They'll infernal strike less often but it appears to still be just as usable to exploit unintended pathing and there are no changes listed to double-jump/glide.

I may just be looking at the wrong notes or have an incomplete picture, so please do correct me if I'm off on this.
Lol dude it’s not that bad. It’s actually fun chasing them instead of another team fight.

Get a rogue to intercept them and stop them for you guys. Tbh they were worse in legion. Idk what happened but they’re extremely squishy this xpac or season.
11/12/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Thesandman
Lol dude it’s not that bad. It’s actually fun chasing them instead of another team fight.

Get a rogue to intercept them and stop them for you guys. Tbh they were worse in legion. Idk what happened but they’re extremely squishy this xpac or season.

I like swapping to sub sometimes, especially on DWG against a single VDH. The extra shadowsteps make for a very unhappy Vengeance!

I think most of the frustration stems from the fact that no other spec can compete with vengeance for an FC spot in rated BGs, not that it's too hard to catch a VDH.
11/12/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Erelir

I think most of the frustration stems from the fact that no other spec can compete with vengeance for an FC spot in rated BGs, not that it's too hard to catch a VDH.

I've seen a lot more tank variety this xpac than the last in RBGs, although I'm usually only around 1700 cr. We had our RBG leader run Guardian a few nights ago and won CTF no problemo!

Looks like with patch notes we're about to see an even bigger variety, although I'm not sure how the 2400+ meta will end up. Probably still VDH preferred but who knows. I like playing my prot warrior a lot!
11/12/2018 10:32 AMPosted by Cornstalker
11/12/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Erelir

I've seen a lot more tank variety this xpac than the last in RBGs, although I'm usually only around 1700 cr. We had our RBG leader run Guardian a few nights ago and won CTF no problemo!

Looks like with patch notes we're about to see an even bigger variety, although I'm not sure how the 2400+ meta will end up. Probably still VDH preferred but who knows. I like playing my prot warrior a lot!

I don't really RBG, at least not yet, but I hope this is the case. It's an issue when exactly one spec is taken to fill a role and none others are.
Ran at 2300 mmr with a guardian last night.

VDH is just the meta though. If it’s not one tank with a trick, it’s another.

I don't care that they're fast or agile, my complaint is them jumping into unreachable spots and double jump / gliding while flag carrying. I saw one the other night jump onto the archway leading up to the flag room in WSG so he could get more distance with glide and also leap up both terraces in the graveyard area to get away from being pursued. It's not fun, it's busted. There's a reason engineering tinkers can't use their professions with the flag. It's called exploitation and Demon Hunters have it built into their spec. It needs to go.

11/12/2018 10:32 AMPosted by Cornstalker

Anything a Guardian Druid can do a DH can do infinitely better. No amount of damage mitigation can compensate for the kiting capability of a VDH. Why fight when you can just run forever and ever?
See gotta get that rogue that’s on the same level on annoying.

Know what happens when a dh goes to jump off the arch ways or porch on TP?

Have the rogue step sap them mid air. Knocks out about half their health then you go hard. Ez
It's an issue in rated, not so much in randoms. At least 0-1700 ish the only non-dh teams are because they didn't have one available and just wanted to play.

Might be diff beyond that.