What color will the new forums be?

General Discussion
Like a newspaper:

Black and white and read all over (works better if you say it out loud, like that old joke.)
they used to be white

then became brown because of all the

well

you can probably figure it out from there
Red like my hair.

Or Black like my soul...oh wait I don't have one of those...
Red would mean horde bias, blue would mean Alliance bias, purple would be red and blue why not purple? Just something with a bit of color would be nice for a change.
I hope they let us choose avatars from other Blizzard games instead of just our character.

I would choose D.Va's white rabbit logo in a heartbeart!
I am so sick of the "brown note" background please make it a light color (light morally grey?), not white but... with dark text, black or navy blue. Give our eyes a break.
I just don't want it to be brown anymore.
I'm gonna go with:

some low contrast silliness because many web designers think everyone is looking at their site with 20 year old eyes.
I always thought a black background with maybe gold lettering and designs would look sick. But then again, I suppose a red and blue background would make more sense... or maybe a white background with red and blue lettering to compliment each faction.

I'm excited to see the design they came up with.
What color will the new forums be?

Vivid Clear.
You won't be able to see them, but if you could, the color would just pop!
I nominate the Light Theme from Discord. Because why not?
Pinky pie pink with little butterflies would be my guess
11/12/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Wasselin
Will they still be brown? Will it be recolored to match the BFA expansion? Why are they brown anyway?
Hopefully no longer this sewage brown/green.

They got rid of some of the fel green from Legion, but it's still an eyesore.

I hope maybe they'll go with something like the WoW app for BfA colors, a nice grey with the Azerite blue/yellow mixed in.

Something that finally isn't so noxious to the eyes.

11/12/2018 11:10 AMPosted by Tyierin
They’re brown because people complained about Legion’s green.
In Legion, they were this same brown, only with a little *more* fel green mixed in at the top. They've been an eyesore like this all through Legion, nothing much has changed.
How bout a nice salmon or beige? Hmmm? :D
11/12/2018 11:09 AMPosted by Lull
I really, really hope they are not brown.

This cannot be overstated.

It's been brown since cataclysm.
It's never going to be blue, because that's Blizzard's official text color. Although the Dev posts on HotS/OW forums aren't blue, they seem to be specific to the game (orange in OW, purple in HotS), so who knows what color Dev posts will be in WoW.

Then again, since devs rarely ever post directly, they may not need to come up with a specific WoW dev color scheme anytime soon!
Red or Blue depends on what character you are posting.
11/12/2018 04:24 PMPosted by Dvis
It's never going to be blue, because that's Blizzard's official text color.
We had blue themed forums in Wrath, and Blizzard's official text color was the same back then.
11/12/2018 04:28 PMPosted by Lorsaire
11/12/2018 04:24 PMPosted by Dvis
It's never going to be blue, because that's Blizzard's official text color.
We had blue themed forums in Wrath, and Blizzard's official text color was the same back then.

Yea I thought about it afterward. HotS's dev posts are purple text on slightly darker purple background, so anything's possible.

I HOPE they're not blue. Blue on top of blue is going to annoy me. That being said, I hope it's not red either. I can't take anymore "Horde bias QQ" posts :)
11/12/2018 04:30 PMPosted by Dvis
Yea I thought about it afterward. HotS's dev posts are purple text on slightly darker purple background, so anything's possible.

I HOPE they're not blue. Blue on top of blue is going to annoy me. That being said, I hope it's not red either. I can't take anymore "Horde bias QQ" posts :)
They tend to try and do them in colors that are thematically aligned with the xpack.

I doubt it'll be red.

It'll probably have something to do with Azerite, some blue, some yellow, some grey.

Look at the phone app login screen, and you'll see colors they are associating with the xpack. I suspect we'll probably get something similar to that. A nice charcoal grey background with some blue and yellow highlights.