Need to read 20K posts in 100 days for Trust 3

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6
11/12/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Panoptes
... or you could just be happy with T2 or T1? I mean, posting images? Whoopity doo, big deal
no links either

11/12/2018 01:25 PMPosted by Yachiru
RIP my level 3 trust. When Project 60 was a thing,I spoke against it because of the extreme toxicity it created to MG RP players(the members that harassed others). Unpopular opinion lead to swarm of flag by the p60 supporters on my post and got a 3 day suspension.

Which is part of the reason the Overwatch/HoTS forums suck. People don't challenge each other and are careful with their language because they fear getting a temp ban. A fear that is justified.
I was banned on the first day of Overwatch for saying I don't like Trust and have be banned 3 more times for "foul language" (quotes because things like "#$%&" and "*****" are considered foul language under the new regime.) Oh which reminds me of another thing: don't bother trying to contest forum bans with the new forums because it won't even reach a human, just have to take it.
Maintain your social credit score, citizen.
Easy click on complaints threads and scroll to bottom, Get it done in an hour.
lol - whatever.... guess they are tired of being told how much they suck with lore
11/13/2018 04:03 AMPosted by Mantoøth
I was against the real ID change in 2010, but I’m completely for removing anonymity now. The community has proven the anonymous posting leads to the current toxic dumpster fire that the forums and trade chat have become. Maybe people will be hesitant to spew racist and sexist garbage if they have to put their real name on it.

The problem is, it also gives People the power to take that Abuse into other places. And sadly there is always someone who will take it there.
A good system of punishment, as well as info on what players did wrong is better, and safer environment.

I myself would be hesitant to post at all, Having suffer from such things happening in the passed.
11/13/2018 03:57 AMPosted by Tinybitty
Well I am stuffed. They may bring in this new rule and automatically ban half of us from ever hitting level 3 "Must not have been suspended (including forum suspensions or in-game account actions of any Blizzard game)".

That would only mean anyone who actually reached trust lvl 3, can actually be trusted lmao.

That person would probably have the thickest skin in gaming history. Not being agitated, not being triggered,not falling for baits, calm, composed and reasonable

Who is this guy?? ^
I have not met this person in the forums( yes forums -forget GD)
11/12/2018 01:15 PMPosted by Crepe
If you load a long thread with a lot of replies and scroll to the bottom, you'll have read a whole lot of posts.

You're likely making too much of this.

Yeah, that doesn't sound too hot when you consider the impact on forum server performance now, does it? Not to mention one's own computer performance given that there aren't pages, just One. Long. Scroll.

I mean, you have to admit, that's a stupidly absurd number for them to pull out of...well, you know. Not even the MVPs read that many replies and I doubt they have the time to just scroll endlessly through hundreds of threads either.

I'm surprised you don't get the irony of Trust level being determined by how well you can cheat/game the engine that parses the metrics. I mean, we're "trusting" someone that knowingly deceives the system to gain the trust. Don't see the paradox there? :P
If I spend 2 minutes reading each post

A post is a reply not a thread.
This is a post.
Did it take 2 minutes to read?
11/12/2018 01:34 PMPosted by Alockxander
Um, yeah. Not everyone needs Level 3. No doubt people are going to gripe about it though--everyone needs ALL ACCESS!!!

I have no doubt you are correct, after all:

I need all the allied races now!
I need a path to raid gear even though I don't raid!
I need M+ (0-10) to be in LFD so I can just queue for it!
I need flying now so I don't have to navigate terrain!
I need ..... (fill in the blank)
I need Level 3 Trust even though I rarely post!
I want it all, and I want it now!!!!

I hardly see this changing any time in the near future ;-)
11/12/2018 01:15 PMPosted by Crepe
11/12/2018 01:12 PMPosted by Hematopoetic
Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 20,000 posts (both starting posts and replies)

If you load a long thread with a lot of replies and scroll to the bottom, you'll have read a whole lot of posts.

You're likely making too much of this.

Are we?

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-08-22-facebook-secretly-tracking-trust-ratings-for-users-with-social-score-algorithm.html

"Trust ratings" came from an algorithm used on Facebook in communist china. I do not think we are making too much of this.
So I can't level up cause I got a 24 hour suspension on the forums once, great! Welp! Time to say goodbye to the forums and go discuss stuff on any other fansite, maybe on the 4chins or something.
I am more concerned with the fact that people are report and spam happy especially with particular topics that it doesn't matter to them if your post breaks the rules or not. They will report it allt he same and thus this will flag a lot of people ineligible for this trust system because people just mass flag posts because they know that if it is done enough the post they dont like will get removed by the automated system the mods claim doesn't exist but for some reason happens all the time even though any person can tell the post didn't break the ToS.
(including forum suspensions or in-game account actions of any Blizzard game)

Would that include the old forums? In-game I'm peerless. Forum......not so much.
Does people really care about this trust level?

Like, I know that some dedicated forums users will embrace this big time so they can stand out or even have a chance at that prestigious MVP status (lol?). For the rest of us average joes with an actual life outside of these forums, that trust level is kinda meaningless.

Just like the old honor pvp system. It was only reawarded by time involved and not skill. Just because you read 20k post in 100 days and other shenanigans does not mean that you now reached the threshold where you magically know what you're talking about that's absurd.

Another damage control thing to keep player "interested" and, most importantly, subbed because they kinda failed to deliver that in game.
You could cheat the requirement on the Overwatch forums by just reading the Mercy Feedback Garbage Can. Boy that was fun.
11/13/2018 03:42 AMPosted by Miadra
Am I the only one that recalls this being mentioned months ago? that they planned on moving the WoW forums to the same layout as their other forums? I am pretty sure it a green who brought it up, and not an official blue post, but I definitely remember it being brought up.

This comes as no surprise to me, I have been expecting it. What I am surprised at is how many people think this has been 'sprung' on us.

It was brought up by both Greens and Blues but you had to be following along with the Post History threads when post history broke to learn about it.

Example - May 2nd on the CS forums
05/02/2018 08:18 AMPosted by Orlyia
They've been working on the forums, Valaire, I suspect we won't see this fixed before the new ones are installed.

I could be wrong, they are very aware it isn't working, but I'd also be a bit surprised if that happens.

Example April 14th, 2018 CS forums
04/23/2018 06:29 PMPosted by Vrakthris
04/23/2018 05:54 PMPosted by Scüba
They did just totally re-do the Overwatch forums with a new update, so I would expect that is what will be happening to the WoW forums as well, when that happens is anyones guess, but the new expansion might be a safe bet.

All of our forums should eventually be converted to the same as Overwatch has now. We are rolling those updates out slowly though, addressing some of the issues that we have found, developing new tools and features to make our forums the best they can be.

When those changes will come to the World of Warcraft forums is not yet determined. It may be around the launch of the Battle for Azeroth, but it is not determined by that timeframe and I would be surprised if that were to come to pass. The game and the forums are entirely different entities with different teams working on them. The cosmetics of the forums usually update with an expansion, such as in theme and coloration. The fundamentals of the forums are on their own schedule.
11/13/2018 04:38 AMPosted by Mulgrim
I was banned on the first day of Overwatch for saying I don't like Trust and have be banned 3 more times for "foul language" (quotes because things like "#$%&" and "*****" are considered foul language under the new regime.)

Those things have been against the forum Code of Conduct the whole time. They are against the rules now. Check for yourself. Profanity, even masked, is not allowed. If you get reported for it now it can be a suspension. The only thing different on the OW and HotS forums is that the new forum software has better moderation tools. I suspect some flagging of key words and such might be there to help. I don't know the details though and am guessing.
Trust Level 3 is not required to do stuff on forums, though.

Look at WoW forums today. We are basically forever locked in Trust Level *ONE* which takes <5 minutes to do because all you gotta do is visit 5 different topics (I could do that in about 30 seconds), scrolling down through 30 posts, and waiting 10 min.

Boom, Trust Level 1.

The only thing you can't do is link to outside websites, but that's not that big of a deal, nothing's stopping you from posing the URL that people can copy/paste into their browser and most modern browsers allow you to navigate to a highlighted URL as if it were a hyperlink anyways.
11/13/2018 06:05 AMPosted by Saadet
So I can't level up cause I got a 24 hour suspension on the forums once, great! Welp! Time to say goodbye to the forums and go discuss stuff on any other fansite, maybe on the 4chins or something.

Yeah, I was perma banned (but had it lifted after I kept appealing it. took a year though) from the forums for talking about how another game did something. Guess that means I'm out before I even begin.

Blizzard really doesn't like people criticizing their "vision" Especially if they know that vision is flawed. Expect to see a lot of fanboy posts and not much else after the first few weeks when all the dissenters get tired of being banned.
RIP 1 day suspension comes back to haunt me oh well haha. Not 20k posts anyway so eh >.> and not more then 5 flags? I doubt anyone is getting trust level 3, forums are the Wild West.