Rise of Azshara

Story Forum
"The patch name "Rise of Azshara" is not just a turn of phrase."

from the Wowhead interview with Ion Hazzikostas and Chris Robinson

Azshara will raise Nazjatar from the depths no doubt

what else might she raise?

edit: endless replies such as "new content", "hell" or "eyebrows" not welcome
Ny'alotha.
hopefully,it will raise my interest in the main story.
while i don't really care about azshara to be honest, anything is better than faction war, i would take the old gods any day. is not perfect, but is better.

and i hope that we find a reasonable explanation of why would azshara expose herself to the mortals.
black empire hype!
My personal favorite bitter/sweet theory is that Azshara sides with Tyrande in retaking Darkshore…. It would be something Parallel to Kael'thas recieveing aid from Vashj in retaking Dalaran from the Scourge, and brings some much needed Moral greyness into the Alliance.

My issues with that theory? It paints a big target on Tyrande's back... and I am kind of sick of Nelf Death.

But there is reason for this to happen... The Void did say Sylvanas serves the True enemy, which gives N'zoth a real incentive to help the Alliance.

Either his aid helps the Alliance defeat Sylvanas, or it further creates chaos and perpetuates the war and the massive death toll. It's a win-win for N'zoth.

I mean... there is a demand for playable Naga... Nazjatar is an allied race capital that the Horde gets to raid? Maybe.
11/12/2018 02:21 PMPosted by Creeks
Azshara will raise Nazjatar from the depths no doubt

Sounds like she's giving up a pretty big advantage the naga have over us land dwellers.

11/12/2018 02:26 PMPosted by Akiyass
I mean... there is a demand for playable Naga... Nazjatar is an allied race capital that the Horde gets to raid? Maybe.

Do you really think that a race that follows the order of an Old God will ever actually be playable? As in, follows N'zoth orders while they are playable?

Naga may be playable, but not a faction that follows the Old Gods and Azshara.

brings some much needed Moral greyness into the Alliance

Naga aren't morally grey, they are evil.
11/12/2018 02:21 PMPosted by Grandblade
Ny'alotha.

From the Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron:

Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron whispers: In the land of Ny'alotha there is only sleep.
Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron whispers: You resist. You cling to your life as if it actually matters. You will learn.
Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron whispers: There is no sharp distinction between the real and the unreal.
Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron whispers: Do you dream while you sleep or is it an escape from the horrors of reality?
Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron whispers: You will all be alone in the end.

From the Abyssal Corrupters in Stormsong Valley:

Abyssal Corruptor says: I sleep... only to wake...
Abyssal Corruptor says: In the end... you will know the truth...
Abyssal Corruptor says: Your soul will know only hunger.

And finally from the Last Boss of Shrine of the Storm:

Vol'zith the Whisperer whispers: I will await you... in the dark...

Considering Yogg-Saron says we will all be alone in the end it sounds like N'Zoth is going to have a rebellion on his tendrils when the N'raqi and C'Thraxxi Dreamers wake up from their containment cells in Ny'alotha and retain their loyalties to the Alliance and Horde alienating their Faceless brethren!

This will teach N'Zoth to not use the Emerald Nightmare(which he and his agents gained access to thanks to Staghelm grafting Xavius's branch to Teldrassil before Classic) to send Manchurian Agents to infiltrate the Alliance and Horde!
Do you really think that a race that follows the order of an Old God will ever actually be playable? As in, follows N'zoth orders while they are playable?Naga may be playable, but not a faction that follows the Old Gods and Azshara.

I mean, we have Void Elves. And who's to say Azshara is entirely loyal to N'zoth… in her Warbringers short, she seemed ambitious enough to clap back at him.

11/12/2018 02:36 PMPosted by Ximothy
Naga aren't morally grey, they are evil.

So is Sylvanas.
11/12/2018 02:21 PMPosted by Creeks
what else might she raise?
edit: endless replies such as "new content", "hell" or "eyebrows" not welcome

I know something you didn't mention ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Pls, the Naga would be Horde. Third elf race that has magical addiction in their story and is most certainly not lowborne scum would join their elitist brothers and sisters in the Horde.

#thehordeishighborne
11/12/2018 02:45 PMPosted by Akiyass
So is Sylvanas

Yeah, and look at how well that turned out.

Also not the point. Azshara wouldn't bring moral greyness to the Alliance, she'd bring evil to it.

I mean, we have Void Elves

Who... don't serve the Void?

And who's to say Azshara is entirely loyal to N'zoth… in her Warbringers short, she seemed ambitious enough to clap back at him

Your post talked about N'zoth doing this to bring chaos and kill Sylvanas, why are you now backtracking and suggesting Azshara could leave N'zoth instead?

Either his aid helps the Alliance defeat Sylvanas, or it further creates chaos and perpetuates the war and the massive death toll. It's a win-win for N'zoth.
So is Sylvanas

Yeah, and look at how well that turned out.

Also not the point. Azshara wouldn't bring moral greyness to the Alliance, she'd bring evil to it.

I mean, we have Void Elves

Who... don't serve the Void?

[quote]And who's to say Azshara is entirely loyal to N'zoth… in her Warbringers short, she seemed ambitious enough to clap back at him

Your post talked about N'zoth doing this to bring chaos and kill Sylvanas, why are you now backtracking and suggesting Azshara could leave N'zoth instead?

Keep in mind I am using the term "Moral greyness" the same way Blizzard uses it. Right now, Sylvanas is the evil of the Horde, so it would make sense for the Alliance to have an evil counter.

Also, are we certain the Void Elves don't serve the Void? We don't see all the whispers that goes through Umbric or Alleria's minds.

I'm not back tracking. It's possible for multiple things to be at play. Azshara helps the Alliance because Sylvanas is an enemy of the Void, then finds herself in a position to over throw him. It could go a number of ways.
What i would love to see... however doubtful..

Events w Azshara & NE leads to them breaking off from Alliance, as Forsaken also Break off from Horde to follow Sylvannas.

We are left with 4 independant factions, while the many twisting arms & plots of Old Gods continues to weave chaos and more disorder, playing the factions vs one another.

Oh and we could weave in Warcraft 4 now.... WOOOoooOoooOooo (*highly doubtful but imagine that!)
My personal favorite bitter/sweet theory is that Azshara sides with Tyrande in retaking Darkshore…. It would be something Parallel to Kael'thas recieveing aid from Vashj in retaking Dalaran from the Scourge, and brings some much needed Moral greyness into the Alliance.

My issues with that theory? It paints a big target on Tyrande's back... and I am kind of sick of Nelf Death.

But there is reason for this to happen... The Void did say Sylvanas serves the True enemy, which gives N'zoth a real incentive to help the Alliance.

An Interesting theory, personally myself I could never see the Naga side with the Night Elves due to the burning hatred they have for them. And in terms of N'Zoth assisting the Alliance that would only ever happen if they fully submitted to him which would never happen.

One theory I have though is even though Sylvanas and the Horde are doing some dark stuff, I think (from what I have read about it) that Alleria and the Void could be bigger threats. Due to the Void whisperings and her presence near the Sunwell caused the Void to freak out, and its also believed she may be struggling to control the voices.

But honestly I wouldnt be surprised if this ends up Old Gods/Void as the enemy in the end, I feel its setting it up for it.

+1 For playable Naga, would love to see how they will tackle the mounts, pants and boots side of it though.
11/12/2018 08:24 PMPosted by Kynariia
One theory I have though is even though Sylvanas and the Horde are doing some dark stuff, I think (from what I have read about it) that Alleria and the Void could be bigger threats. Due to the Void whisperings and her presence near the Sunwell caused the Void to freak out, and its also believed she may be struggling to control the voices.

It's defiantly possible. I think the fact that Void Elves are playable gives them some plot armor, but it would be cool to see the Void make a call back to their Lovecraftian roots, and the attempts to "master" is as the Ren'dorei do turns out to be a futile effort. Or perhaps the void only gives them the illusion of control... Which is kind of why I think it's likely that N'zoth would willing aid the Alliance without demanding submission.

He is more intelligent than that, look at Azshara. She clapped back at him, she did not submit to him, as far as she is concerned, she is his equal. Regardless if that is true or not, she believes it and N'zoth is more than willing to let her believe it because she is giving him exactly what he wants anyway. I think Vanity is something far below N'zoth's concern.
Sounds like she's giving up a pretty big advantage the naga have over us land dwellers.

Shhh, let us let this one slide if it means we dont have to do another Vasjh'ir style zone.
11/13/2018 10:19 AMPosted by Zerde
Shhh, let us let this one slide if it means we dont have to do another Vasjh'ir style zone.

I hope we have to swim up vertical walls of water to access 2/3rds of the zone.
I enjoyed Vashj'ir a lot.