Classic Class/Race Breakdown

Classic Discussion
Hi all, so I came across something interesting on a current pserver's website (they will remain unnamed) detailing the breakdown of classes and races on the server. The horde/alliance breakdown on the server is almost identical, so the numbers aren't skewed one way or the other. I thought it was interesting because it is reflective of what sort of ratios we can potentially expect in Classic when it is released - these days people know the game better, know what and what not to expect from each class/race. I've detailed them below in descending order. Note while Pally and Shammy seem the lowest they are only available to their respective faction, and when combined are one of the more common classes.

Classes:
Warrior: 24.4%
Rogue: 12.6%
Mage: 12.3%
Hunter: 11.9%
Warlock: 10%
Priest: 9.1%
Druid: 7.1%
Paladin: 6.3%
Shaman: 6.3%

Races:
Human: 22.3%
Undead: 17.2%
Orc: 15.1%
Night Elf: 11.8%
Troll: 9.3%
Tauren: 8.8%
Dwarf: 8.1%
Gnome: 7.4%

Let me know your thoughts!
I assume these stats include characters of all lvls? If so, it would be interesting to see the breakdown at lvl 60 only.
Unfortunately that information isn't made available, so it is most likely characters of all levels. I too would be very interested to see the breakdown at 60 - I imagine the warrior number would be significantly lower.

Also of note - Dwarf Pally is likely the rarest race/class combo in the game!
I posted this on another thread looking at Elysium's stats for level 60 only:

At 60 only:

Alliance:

Mage -20.6%
Warrior - 15.4%
Rogue - 14.4%
Hunter - 12.4%
Paladin - 12%
Priest - 9.7%
Warlock - 8.9%
Druid - 6.8%

Horde:

Mage - 21.6%
Warrior - 16.1%
Rogue - 15.5%
Hunter - 12.8%
Priest - 10.3%
Warlock - 9.8%
Shaman - 8.9%
Druid - 4.9%
I did not expect mage to be at the top for both...
Well if we're dropping names then I can say my numbers were from Kronos. But look at that druid number, people sure don't like playing them do they.
I can't wait to play a Human Hunter, Night Elf Mage, Gnome Priest, Dwarf Shaman, and Draenei Death Knight.
Those that main Druids are head strong in love with them. Mages are needed and straight forward unless you are a mage, then they are complex. Any class at their best has mechanics that are unique and you find classes you mesh with (like) and play well. I know I won't tank and I don't want to play my mains again (Gnome Lock and Troll Shaman).

I know my server type is about all I am certain about and want one class to level before I think of alts.
11/12/2018 06:18 PMPosted by Renascia
I can't wait to play a Human Hunter, Night Elf Mage, Gnome Priest, Dwarf Shaman, and Draenei Death Knight.

Jump into retail; it await you.
11/12/2018 06:21 PMPosted by Vik
Those that main Druids are head strong in love with them. Mages are needed and straight forward unless you are a mage, then they are complex. Any class at their best has mechanics that are unique and you find classes you mesh with (like) and play well. I know I won't tank and I don't want to play my mains again (Gnome Lock and Troll Shaman).

I know my server type is about all I am certain about and want one class to level before I think of alts.

Yea I'm trying to avoid my main rolls as well - dwarf hunter and draenai shammie, but that second one isn't too hard to avoid :D

I'm a bit torn between giving druid the old college try, or going warrior. I realize warriors are tough to level and are gear dependent, but that's partially why I'm interested.
I am considering Druid as well as my first was a Tauren Druid I quit in my low 30's. I have thought about Dwarf Hunter as I like pets but I am not very good at it and I think it will be even harder in Vanilla but it does interest me and I will be on an RP server for which the lore is interesting.

I know I would not be a good melee either. I was average as a shaman at best as it reminds me of the bard in EQ. I was about as good as could be with my Lock and did well in BGs. My mains in EQ were all three healers at different times and that game is the reason I never maxed in Classic.

We have time to decide. But warrior, rogue, lock and shaman are out for various reasons.