Can we all stop for a moment

General Discussion
I recently heard some news that he's going through some problems medically. Found out about it on Discord, and there is a gofundme page. I'm not sure how legal this is on the WoW forums, but I know he's a very important part of these forums, and many of us greatly appreciate him.

https://www.gofundme.com/7qy385-scott-needs-help

I personally can't confirm if its actually his story, just from word of mouth as I personally don't know his real life name.

I found his twitter however and it seems to be real. https://twitter.com/cadenhouse?lang=en

WoW community I know you have and will come together for such an important thing. Lets do it.

I don't care if this kind of post is against the forum ToS, as long as it gets out and he gets the support he needs.
It sounds like to me from the twitter that yth is asking for someone else who has medical problems?

Edit: Oh we are talking about Ornyx :(
It's not the Ox -- it's his roommate. But this is still something that would be great for us to do.
Yikes... *backs out slowly*
11/12/2018 11:10 PMPosted by Ohgodmyeyes
It's not the Ox -- it's his roommate.

Quoting for clarity.

It's not him, boys.
It's not the Ox -- it's his roommate. But this is still something that would be great for us to do.

and by us we mean not us :)
People think I am a butt, but this is why I just think the forums should stick to WoW and stay on topic and that's why I push for that. I hate to say it, but I have also heard the worst things about people who have gofundme pages sometimes. Not saying this is one of those instances, but either people can get scammed or the people with the page can get scammed as well.

I do wish the best for that person. It sounds like a terrible mess and so much to go through for him, the employees, and his family.

People can think I am a butt, and that's okay.

It does say on the tweets that this other person who's sick "has been out of work for a few months now and while blizzard provides great insurance, this doesn't remotely tackle the cost of something like heart surgery"

also says " I just found out one of the Game Masters at @Blizzard_Ent that works with (person's name) opened up a gofundme for him"

So he is definitely a Blizz employeee not just a roommate.
Really, it's none of our business. Respect that and walk away.
The first person that replied said it may be Ornyx. No matter what though they are still apart of the blizzard community itself.

@Kirela I understand your worry, I just wanted it more publicized. Its not me trying to get more money I can promise you. If you look at the twitter I linked it will back up some of the info regardless.

Edit: I'm not saying you have to donate, but if 100 people donated $2, thats 200 dollars that they wouldn't have had. And $2 is pocket change for most people, its something that I'm sure would be appreciated.
11/12/2018 11:25 PMPosted by Faelystiri
The first person that replied said it may be Ornyx. No matter what though they are still apart of the blizzard community itself.

@Kirela I understand your worry, I just wanted it more publicized. Its not me trying to get more money I can promise you. If you look at the twitter I linked it will back up some of the info regardless.

Edit: I'm not saying you have to donate, but if 100 people donated $2, thats 200 dollars that they wouldn't have had. And $2 is pocket change for most people, its something that I'm sure would be appreciated.

It's ok, Failstirfry (if you are who I think you are! otherwise, ignore that name), but I can't really figure out who that person is and if they wanted the forum goers involved I'm sure they would have made it known. This is one of the more "official" ones mentioned (since it appears employees are linked to it), but in the end we just really don't know... And that leads to more people saying "let's go ahead and add our own link for our good cause!".

Edit: probably should at least edit the title of this since it doesn't appear to actually be Ornyx
I can't afford to give away money.

This just highlights the need for free health care. Everyone with great insurance, or who is rich, thinks it is fine to pay 300 bucks a month for health insurance. Then if you need some major procedure, you still owe thousands after the insurance pays.

The first thing they always says is, "But then you have to wait in line!"
Oh, so instead of NOT being able to afford it I have to "wait in line"? I'll be fine waiting, then. Besides, the way it was explained to me was that you go to the front of the line if you HAVE insurance, but you don't have to pay.

Isn't the USA one of the last "World Power" civilized countries to not have "free" healthcare?
Last month I was over 200 dollars negative in my bank account... i shouldn't spare money ... but I will. Because charity is a virtue I believe, godly, if you will.
I thought Blizz employees were not actual human beings, but greedy money-grubbing fun killing monsters who just want to steal your money and fun. Why would GD not want one of them to die a horrible painful death? Isn't that what they deserve for unleashing the horror that is BfA upon the world?

You don't get to demonize them in one breath and appreciate them the next. How about some consistency from the WoW community instead of hypocrisy? Either they are just human beings like the rest of us doing their best to give us a good game, or they are corporate shills who would stab your grandmother for her last nickel. Can't have it both ways.
@Kirela There's a chance I may be who you think. But I haven't got the slightest idea of you, at least going by that toon, especially because I don't talk to alliance much in-game.

I do appreciate the concern of it being fake or anything of that. Its just bounced around a few times, and a discord that I am part of made an announcement about it. Ythisens is in it, and he actually made a comment on this whole thing, but he never said about it being true or false, I just made a comment about wondering if this sort of thing is against the forum ToS, and someone pinged him.
11/12/2018 11:19 PMPosted by Kirela
People think I am a butt, but this is why I just think the forums should stick to WoW and stay on topic and that's why I push for that. I hate to say it, but I have also heard the worst things about people who have gofundme pages sometimes. Not saying this is one of those instances, but either people can get scammed or the people with the page can get scammed as well.

I do wish the best for that person. It sounds like a terrible mess and so much to go through for him, the employees, and his family.

People can think I am a butt, and that's okay.
You're not a butt Kirela. I mean I guess someone has to be the voice of truth that we don't want to hear. Thanks for shouldering that load for us. And no, I am not being sarcastic. I know I have given you some crap in the past but you are right. It just is hard to hear thinking when a person is feeling. But you're alright. :)
11/12/2018 11:42 PMPosted by Faelystiri
@Kirela There's a chance I may be who you think. But I haven't got the slightest idea of you, at least going by that toon, especially because I don't talk to alliance much in-game.

I do appreciate the concern of it being fake or anything of that. Its just bounced around a few times, and a discord that I am part of made an announcement about it. Ythisens is in it, and he actually made a comment on this whole thing, but he never said about it being true or false, I just made a comment about wondering if this sort of thing is against the forum ToS, and someone pinged him.

Actually I was trying to point out that it probably isn't fake or a scam since it's tied to employees. My point was mostly about these topics in general on the forums (it has come up before). Then there is the whole thing about if one is okay then surely the rest are.... blah blah blah. I hope they get the funding they need though! Good luck
Ahhh okay, misunderstood then.
When did he last post? the GoFundMe says that it started back in August.

Also, a piece of a heart valve coming free, shooting into your brain, and causing a stroke sounds as painful as it is horrifying.
11/12/2018 11:53 PMPosted by Kyveli
When did he last post? the GoFundMe says that it started back in August.

Also, a piece of a heart valve coming free, shooting into your brain, and causing a stroke sounds as painful as it is horrifying.

I cant actually seem to find a post or comment from Ornyx, like they've gotten deleted.

Edit: Recently found out it is Ythisen's best friend (Confirmed), who is a blizzard employee. Nonetheless its still something horrible that he's going through.