Dreadwake Mount should float

General Discussion
This mount is a boat... why does it not have 'water walking'??

It's not like we have a surplus of water walking mounts already.
That boat like bfa. Sinking fast.
Blizzard has become fairly anti-immersion tbh.
At that point it would essentially be a purchasable skill then.

At least with the in game mounts you have them earn them some how. Otherwise you're devaluing the class skill shaman and death knights have.
NO it shouldn't because then like said before your buying a water walking mount when you can earn one just farm the rep and stop being lazy
11/13/2018 05:02 AMPosted by Goblineer
NO it shouldn't because then like said before your buying a water walking mount when you can earn one just farm the rep and stop being lazy

I already have the water strider...

It just doesn't make sense thematically. It even has glowing water underneath it.

It's like it was designed to be a water mount and they changed their mind.
The two Blizzcon mounts from last year should as well. They are airships that float above the ground, why can they not float above the water?

11/13/2018 05:02 AMPosted by Goblineer

Why do you care if other's buy it? It has no affect on you whatsoever.
11/13/2018 05:06 AMPosted by Ironwisp

One word: control. They want to control how you play. Otherwise it makes them wonder why they playing.
You’re a mage...pretend your ex machina-ing? into cities and cruising them with the power of absent all expansion pew pew.

Behold my boat that does not float!

(I have this mount-it’s not that bad)
11/13/2018 05:10 AMPosted by Hornfu
11/13/2018 05:06 AMPosted by Ironwisp

One word: control. They want to control how you play. Otherwise it makes them wonder why they playing.

How are they controlling the way you play?

In any competitive environment (like RBG's) water walking mounts are disabled anyway.
11/13/2018 05:14 AMPosted by Sassiekal
You’re a mage...pretend your ex machina-ing? into cities and cruising them with the power of absent all expansion pew pew.

My wife gifted it to me. i tried to re-gift it back. The ticket guy said no.
If they started selling water walking mounts, can you imagine the outrage? They almost disabled waterwalking mounts for both legion and BFA .. I don't think they are trying to encourage it, but realise it's a compromise between enjoying the ground content and convenience until flying unlocks. Furthermore, there are effort requirements in order to unlock one, and a store bought ww mount would invalidate it

From an aesthetic I can see why you would like to see it float, but mechanically the reasoning is justified

I have waterwalking via the mount and path of frost, so maybe I am biased in that way, but I also did a lot of fishing to earn it and that was before I mained DK
11/13/2018 05:15 AMPosted by Batlhazar
11/13/2018 05:10 AMPosted by Hornfu

How are they controlling the way you play?

In any competitive environment (like RBG's) water walking mounts are disabled anyway.

By not allowing you to play the game you want. they want you to do just like they did. Thus controlling you.
Boats don't have wings. That makes it an aircraft, not a boat. Scienced!
11/13/2018 05:16 AMPosted by Grisol
11/13/2018 05:14 AMPosted by Sassiekal

My wife gifted it to me. i tried to re-gift it back. The ticket guy said no.

I only bought it since the sub had lapsed and figured may as well. I rarely use it even though it’s on favourite list. Occasionally see one in town but not like when the promo was active.
11/13/2018 05:28 AMPosted by Crowlay

What about Seaplanes??

They have wings and they land and take off from water.
It's a flying mount, no?

I think they are fins which means this sucker should be a fast underwater mount also, that can also have chicken nuggets delivered to me.
11/13/2018 05:31 AMPosted by Batlhazar

What about Seaplanes??

They have wings and they land and take off from water.
That doesn't make them boats. Ducks land and take off from water. Ducks are not boats.