Elune in BFA?

Story Forum
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
Just stop
11/13/2018 02:42 PMPosted by Akiyass
Just stop

I will.

Do whatever you want with this thread, anymore contribution from me is clearly just hurting you.
11/13/2018 02:40 PMPosted by Darethy
She's your Rastakhan, she can't be lost as a Kaldorei character because she was never a Kaldorei character to begin with.

now that you mention this, i realized that sira was actually never an alliance character.
she was just a warden just like maiev, who were literally neutral in legion.
So sira becomes alliance and dies 5 minutes later and now we are all mad because she is an "alliance hero raised".
11/13/2018 02:47 PMPosted by Etheldald
She's your Rastakhan, she can't be lost as a Kaldorei character because she was never a Kaldorei character to begin with.

now that you mention this, i realized that sira was actually never an alliance character.
So sira becomes alliance and dies 5 minutes later and now we are all mad because she is an "alliance hero raised".

The Alliance has nothing to do with it. Most Nelf fans don't even feel that much Alliance Pride. Night Elves are more their own faction than an Alliance race, as far as the RP community is concerned anyway.

Night Elves are just sick of being beat up and humiliated. We want a winning storyline for a change.
11/13/2018 02:53 PMPosted by Akiyass
The Alliance has nothing to do with it. Most Nelf fans don't even feel that much Alliance Pride. Night Elves are more their own faction than an Alliance race, as far as the RP community is concerned anyway.

I had felt the opposite for a long time. The Alliance was all these nice people who were going to come and help us with our Orc problem.

Then 8.1. After fighting and dying for Alliance causes across continents, across planets, across timelines, Anduin has the gall to be like "Lawl. Sorry about your genocide. Nothing I can do to help, though. But please, do keep sending people to fight and die in Arathi and Zandalar while your home is blighted and defiled."

Nope. Anduin can sod off. The Horde can sod off. Anyone not in Darkshore helping can sod off.
You would think that Elune would grant power to more nightelves other then just Tyrande. Players unlock the feature of the dark eyes, yet it would have made more sense to include the other nightelves becoming stronger after Tyrande unlocked the power. Like granting a boon over an entire area that buffed all the nightelves. Giving Sira the chance to live and take out horde forces instead of being used as cheap filler by the writers.
Not to mention why couldn't after Elune granted Tyrande her power, Elune could have taken the souls of all slain nightelves on darkshore. Like she did with Ysera in Val Sharah, but the writers or devs just didn't want to put in the work for that
Also Sira was neutral in legion, so killing her in BFA . Now players can question why cant Turaylon aid the alliance since he was neutral to but sits in stormwind. But you don't see the devs or writers adding him into the battles.
11/13/2018 03:25 PMPosted by Vera
You would think that Elune would grant power to more nightelves other then just Tyrande. Players unlock the feature of the dark eyes, yet it would have made more sense to include the other nightelves becoming stronger after Tyrande unlocked the power. Like granting a boon over an entire area that buffed all the nightelves. Giving Sira the chance to live and take out horde forces instead of being used as cheap filler by the writers.
Not to mention why couldn't after Elune granted Tyrande her power, Elune could have taken the souls of all slain nightelves on darkshore. Like she did with Ysera in Val Sharah, but the writers or devs just didn't want to put in the work for that
Also Sira was neutral in legion, so killing her in BFA . Now players can question why cant Turaylon aid the alliance since he was neutral to but sits in stormwind. But you don't see the devs or writers adding him into the battles.

Elune does take Night Elf souls and make Stars out of them. I would imagine that is to protect them from undeath.
It's dumb in the first place that the majority of Night Elves live in Teldrassil. It was made at best 20 years ago. Their nation is a giant decentralized hub of watchers and sentinels looking over thousands of ruins and shrines and wells that are all thousands of years old. Hyjal is a giant mountain and ashenvale an even greater forest, where they all live, and Nighthaven was the hub of their activities pre-teldrassil. I get Darnassus is a big city, but even today, in the most urbanized time of the world, only about 50% of people even live in the city. A woodland people with strong attachments to their localized portions of land? Yeah no, Teldrassil would at best have only a fraction of total night elf population.

The Night Elves being treated like trash is just really grinding and lorebreaking, as is the treatment of Elune. Supposedly she is best friends with Avianna, Goldrinn, lover with Malorne, mother of Cenarius, yet where are ANY OF THEM during the War of Thorns? Where are the Green dragons? Freaking red dragons? It's atrocious, yet now the Night Elves are committing heresy because the writers literally wrote Elune out of the story.
11/13/2018 03:38 PMPosted by Akiyass
11/13/2018 03:25 PMPosted by Vera

Elune does take Night Elf souls and make Stars out of them. I would imagine that is to protect them from undeath.

Then explain Delaryn , Sira and the other raised nightelves?
11/13/2018 02:47 PMPosted by Etheldald

You realize the wardens are Night Elves, right? I don't give a !@#$ about the Alliance. No one cares about the alliance. Night Elves are upset because their FACTION is literally torn in half, with the playable side being the weak terrible idiots who got duped into being human sidekicks, while the unplayable side either get to be horde highborne, neutral druids, neutral wardens, neutral ghosts, all doing kick %^- stuff that is well beyond the scope of the alliance-affiliated night elves storyline. Worse is, Blizzard confuses the two and acts like they are one sphere, but once push comes to shove, the alliance night elves are shoved into the dirt and spit on for their 'choice' and never given the entire tools of their race to defend themselves. It wasn't their choice to be alliance.

Wardens are just as Night Elf as any other night elf. Therefore it's an atrocity for them to fall to undeath. The whole Death Knight thing was shoved under the rug because EVERY race got turned into a death knight, it was the theme of a pretty good expansion, Night Elf fans weren't really in full force and the internet was a paralyzing time back then. But honestly, that was a mistake. It was never hinted at before that a Night Elf could be raised. Doing so unwittingly tore a huge hole of their lore out, and made the Legion giant fools for not just en-masse raising the night elves like they did to humans.

But I guess that's blizzards favorite pass time. Destroying night elf lore. Even has some fans convinced that Elune is a terrible deity, despite serving them for 15K+ years, longer then any known religion in our world at least.
11/13/2018 04:20 PMPosted by Vera

It seems to be part of the Night Warrior thing. Del and Sira were raised before Tyrande could help them.
11/13/2018 04:20 PMPosted by Vera

Plothole/retcon shenanigans "rule of cool"
11/13/2018 04:15 PMPosted by Valuelle

The Night Elves being treated like trash is just really grinding and lorebreaking, as is the treatment of Elune. Supposedly she is best friends with Avianna, Goldrinn, lover with Malorne, mother of Cenarius, yet where are ANY OF THEM during the War of Thorns? Where are the Green dragons? Freaking red dragons? It's atrocious, yet now the Night Elves are committing heresy because the writers literally wrote Elune out of the story.

Yea see this right here is a prime example of how the devs are. Sylvannas wouldn't have won if they were present. So the writers/ Alex will try to come up with an excuse as to why they weren't there. Either that or they will totally ignore this and just keep pushing there view on the players. Again following wow story/lore is becoming idiotic to say the least. The writers seem to have no talent at especially the ones responsible for all this. Players really need to start worrying and asking themselves if the books are gonna be worth getting. If the writers keep cutting stuff out.
11/13/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Valuelle
You realize the wardens are Night Elves, right? I don't give a !@#$ about the Alliance. No one cares about the alliance. Night Elves are upset because their FACTION is literally torn in half

that is fair about the alliance.
i know why they are upset, no need to remind me.
and yet the wardens weren't really part of the kaldorei society, they were neutral,they helped the horde that is their enemy.
is the same, the wardens were neutral, they become part of the nelfs again for 5 minutes and then she died, it applies the same logic.
because i can ask a simple question, was sira really that relevant in the kaldorei lore? because sira is not maiev.
Elune is another example of a powerful character not working in a two faction MMORPG. We've seen this previously with Malfurion, but Elune takes it to another level.

The Night Elves are her chosen people, so you expect her to actively protect them. But you can't just have a God actively on the side of one faction, or the conflict is over. So you either have to seriously underpower her, find reasons for her to be absent, or just basically ignore her when it isn't convenient for the plot.

Which raises all kinds of questions as well. Such as, "If Elune is engaged enough to empower Tyrande and create a permanent eclipse in Darkshore...where was she when Teldrassil burned?" For that matter, where are Cenarius and friends?
It is what the next patch is all about, basically. Tyrande demanding the raw power of revenge from her Goddess, basically threatening her own Goddess old school style if the power is not granted. The Goddess answers. It's epic stuff by the sounds of it. I just hope it lives up to the potential of the Terror of Darkshore cinematic, which it probably won't knowing Blizzard.
11/13/2018 04:46 PMPosted by Savanovic
I just hope it lives up to the potential of the Terror of Darkshore cinematic, which it probably won't knowing Blizzard.
There's still an unimplemented cinematic for when Tyrande powers up and obliterates the offensive Horde armies (named "Ashen Raiders..." tasteless), so we'll see.
11/13/2018 04:29 PMPosted by Etheldald
11/13/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Valuelle
You realize the wardens are Night Elves, right? I don't give a !@#$ about the Alliance. No one cares about the alliance. Night Elves are upset because their FACTION is literally torn in half

that is fair about the alliance.
i know why they are upset, no need to remind me.
and yet the wardens weren't really part of the kaldorei society, they were neutral,they helped the horde that is their enemy.
is the same, the wardens were neutral, they become part of the nelfs again for 5 minutes and then she died, it applies the same logic.
because i can ask a simple question, was sira really that relevant in the kaldorei lore? because sira is not maiev.

Nightelves are nightelves The wardens were always a part of nightelf society. It started with the volunteers of the Sisters of Elune.
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Watchers

Also Maiev isn't the leader of the watchers , Tyrande made Jarod the leader. But the devs still list Maiev as leader.
11/13/2018 04:46 PMPosted by Savanovic
It is what the next patch is all about, basically. Tyrande demanding the raw power of revenge from her Goddess, basically threatening her own Goddess old school style if the power is not granted. The Goddess answers. It's epic stuff by the sounds of it. I just hope it lives up to the potential of the Terror of Darkshore cinematic, which it probably won't knowing Blizzard.

The patch content/story isn't that great in its current state. I've played it and to a night elf players its an slap in the face. Don't believe the false hype , go to the ptr and test it out for yourself. See the proof of how it really is.

As for Elune , the devs/writers could have had her take out both Valkyr while allowing nathanos to escape plus stopping the nightelves from being raised. But that doesn't happen. Instead Tyrande is made to look weak but you wouldn't believe it at first after hearing the false hype of the nightwarrior. Lots of holes.
11/13/2018 04:48 PMPosted by Grandblade
There's still an unimplemented cinematic for when Tyrande powers up and obliterates the offensive Horde armies (named "Ashen Raiders..." tasteless), so we'll see.

I really hope it's good. She is apparently using an Orc head as a sacrifice when you find her the last screen shot I saw, which is hilarious.

I wish for just once one of the hyper realistic cinematics would be about Tyrande and Malfurion or something. It seems like they are going to continue using those for Saurfang and Anduin story throughout BfA though.

11/13/2018 04:56 PMPosted by Vera
The patch content/story isn't that great in its current state. I've played it and to a night elf players its an slap in the face.

So I have heard. I am waiting til it goes live to see for myself but I am prepared to be disappointed. I am just taking the little crumbs thrown at this point.