How to pick your class for Classic.

Classic Discussion
You need to pick your class based on the role or you will be sorely disappointed when it comes raid time. Just sayin....
Role call is:
Tank=warrior
Heals=shaman, paladin priest,druid
Dps=rouge, hunter,mage and warlock i guess
lock doesnt even exist anymore,OHHHNOOO
Lookit this dood
Raid time......... I didn't know I was playing Classic Wow for just Raiding...... Almost sounds like Retail........
11/13/2018 12:58 PMPosted by Fallenguard
Raid time......... I didn't know I was playing Classic Wow for just Raiding...... Almost sounds like Retail........

Just kind of going off what I witnessed in the demo. People are going to be pissed when they level up with their snowflake spec and no one will give them a raid spot.

Although I understand and appreciate your sentiment.
11/13/2018 12:55 PMPosted by Ghannagh
Lookit this dood

doooooood...Duuuuuuuude....you know I'm right.
I remember being pigeon holed in raids for having a certain spec but it didn't make the fights any less fun. The experience is what mattered.
11/13/2018 05:54 PMPosted by Doomsongs
Just kind of going off what I witnessed in the demo. People are going to be pissed when they level up with their snowflake spec and no one will give them a raid spot.

I keep seeing this and laughing. Ignore those "bad" specs, I'll be mroe than happy to get a comfortable raid team together from them and you can watch us ride past you in Org while you're busy spamming trade for pugs or more raid members.
There is one advantage of not re-tuning raids. Suboptimal specs will be more welcome in MC/BWL/ZG etc.

Nothing in those places requires a super optimal raid setup if your players are decent.

You're going into this with the mind set that WAY too many people have, that mind set being that the only thing that matters is raid logging, pvp and just generally playing what you enjoy are huge things to factor in. If raiding is all that anyone should ever do ever then why shouldn't it be a rule in game that only one kind of raid comp can be played? Why bother with other team comps or builds? Who cares? It's all about being OPTIMAL and playing at the HIGHEST RANK POSSIBLE, why would anyone ever bother trying new !@#$ or god forbid doing anything OTHER than raid logging? Jeez.
11/13/2018 06:11 PMPosted by Ghannagh

You're going into this with the mind set that WAY too many people have, that mind set being that the only thing that matters is raid logging, pvp and just generally playing what you enjoy are huge things to factor in. If raiding is all that anyone should ever do ever then why shouldn't it be a rule in game that only one kind of raid comp can be played? Why bother with other team comps or builds? Who cares? It's all about being OPTIMAL and playing at the HIGHEST RANK POSSIBLE, why would anyone ever bother trying new !@#$ or god forbid doing anything OTHER than raid logging? Jeez.

Classic is more about the role then the class is my point. Not that the only thing you should do is raid.
11/13/2018 06:04 PMPosted by Coniferous
There is one advantage of not re-tuning raids. Suboptimal specs will be more welcome in MC/BWL/ZG etc.

Nothing in those places requires a super optimal raid setup if your players are decent.

I can't imagine a raid filled with ret pali, ferral duids and melee hunters getting very far.

11/13/2018 06:00 PMPosted by Thundathys

I keep seeing this and laughing. Ignore those "bad" specs, I'll be mroe than happy to get a comfortable raid team together from them and you can watch us ride past you in Org while you're busy spamming trade for pugs or more raid members.

You going to wipe over and over until you finally figure it out. Not all specs are viable in end game.
can we only have one toon then ?
11/13/2018 08:15 PMPosted by Steamengine
can we only have one toon then ?

Yes. If your armor breaks before you repair it, you have too delete it. If your character dies you have to delete it. Thems the rules.
rouges are overpowdered
If you pick for the top tier and only for raiding, you're gonna have a bad time. Classes are very different and have different strengths and weaknesses. That's the best part of it.
11/13/2018 09:22 PMPosted by Igotsoul
rouges are overpowdered

World of Rougecraft indeed.
If you're a bad. Pick the holy trinity warrior/mage/priest.

If you're an average dude. Follow OPs advice.

If you're smart and dedicated. Pick whichever class and spec suites your desires.

If you don't give a duck about tryhard losers who exclude from their BWL runs cuz they struggling on razorgore and blame it on their raid composition. Pick whatever class and spec you desire.
11/13/2018 06:36 PMPosted by Doomsongs
11/13/2018 06:04 PMPosted by Coniferous

I can't imagine a raid filled with ret pali, ferral duids and melee hunters getting very far.

11/13/2018 06:00 PMPosted by Thundathys

You going to wipe over and over until you finally figure it out. Not all specs are viable in end game.

Most specs can at least deal with early raids, at least with 1.12-style tuning. Heck, a well-played feral can actually put up pretty decent numbers. I think this is just a matter of early raids, where more specs are usable, vs. later raids, where the number of usable specs dries up.