Why is magatha still alive

Story Forum
??????
Baine secretly wants to smash her, that’s why.
Nat 20s on luck rolls.
she will probably return as part of the tauren heritage questline.
I think Blizz want to do something interesting with her, but well all of the expanions haven't given us a chance to actually use her as a villain.

Can't have in MoP, Garrosh hated her, and suddenly fighting Grimtotem may have been weird. Warlords didn't have a chance to side raid a bunch of tauren on Orc-dominated Draenor, and Legion, we had waaay bigger issues. She even helps fight them.

I really want a tauren raid. Fantastic chance to get tons of tauren themed armours and weapons.

Maybe we'll catch up on her in the Tauren Heritage quests.
The fact that we didn't kill her on sight is infuriating.

"My tribe will be wiped out by the Legion." GOOD!!
So Tauren have at least one interesting character
Well she didnt try and poison me and she was beneficial enough to fighting the Legion.

If Baine/the Horde has a beef with her, take it up with Hamuul and Nobundo.
11/13/2018 05:37 PMPosted by Zerde
Hamuul and Nobundo

You mean Muln?
Ignoring the context of her involvement with Cairne's death I would rather have Magatha lead over Baine.
11/13/2018 05:53 PMPosted by Xoroth
Ignoring the context of her involvement with Cairne's death I would rather have Magatha lead over Baine.

Magatha could literally consume a child, as in actually, shove an infant into her face and at this point I would take her over Baine.
11/13/2018 05:51 PMPosted by Ximothy
You mean Muln?

Yeah, my mistake, Muln. Anyway. even Muln was begrudging convinced Magatha would do more harm outside the Earthen Ring.
Because this setting is in desperate need of lower-tier villains, villains who aren't giant monsters or working for said giant monsters, and Magatha is one of the few left.
Pretty sure it's because she keeps being more useful dead than alive.

Honestly I expected her to become a big bad in Cataclysm after questing in what used to be Thousand Needles, but it never happened.
Is Magatha the only surviving villain from Vanilla? And a low tier one at that? A feat worth commending in a setting like this.
Her role in aiding the Broken Shore campaign as part of the Earthen Ring might have been enough to earn her, if not amnesty, then at least a stay of execution. She's probably still barred from ever setting hoof in Mulgore again but it's possible that she's no longer being hunted.
11/13/2018 09:54 PMPosted by Mellee
Is Magatha the only surviving villain from Vanilla? And a low tier one at that? A feat worth commending in a setting like this.

Of the four "evil" leaders the Alliance and Horde had (Magatha, Varimathras, Prestor and Fandral), Magatha is the only one still standing. Surprising, really.

Kel'thuzad might still be alive. Blizz are a bit vague on that. Highlord Demitrian is still around, and although he is a war table target, so was Darius Crowley and Hammond Clay and I doubt they are dead.
We need to not kill one of two actually known Tauren characters left. It's like the gnomes, there's a reason Mekkatorque isn't dying, they don't have anyone else to make their story interesting. I'd wager the interesting part of Tauren story rests far more on the Grimtotem than on Baine.
Future arc with Baine dealing with his Father's death far from when it's relevant probably.
11/13/2018 04:19 PMPosted by Chael
??????

Cause Baine is spineless. And the writters think being a pacifist means letting everyone step on you and doing nothing to defend your people.