Legion was the best expansion ever.

General Discussion
Imo, the leveling zones, Surramar, and class halls were the best of its content. Broken shore and on story and questing didn’t appeal to me.

Also the Legendary system at the start was bad and wasn’t fixed until extremely late in the expansion. If we’d been able to grind for specific legendaries from the start and the questing content had maintained its launch quality it would have been incredible.
Someone already said it, but Wrath was the high point for subs, content, experience, and creativity. Even the story was epic.

Done.
Mists of Pandaria & Wrath of the Lich King would like a word.

I almost died.
MoP all the way. People bash the whole panda thing, I personally didn't care, everything else was fantastic. Raids, PvP, music, zones. You zone in today, and you still see a million people running around cuz there's still so much content.

People bash MoP LFR, but I loved it. Durumu, Elegon, Nazgrim. Pug killers for sure, but they're so memorable to me for that reason. Watching half the raid die to the elevator boss, man. God I miss Cascade as a Spriest.

Those were my least favorite part of MoP. PvP was so bad in MoP and participation took a nose dive. So Blizzard had to do a lot of changes. Like prune CC.

11/14/2018 06:39 AMPosted by Cuddleqtpie
They never experienced BC or vanilla, so WotLK is the best they know.
. Yeah, no, see now it's the exact polar opposite. Most, above 65% of WOTLK players don't play anymore. Now it's MOSTLY cata babies and beyond..that's why anytime this gets jokingly discussed you get the "WOTLK was overrated there I said it" - started in cata though.

WOTLK was mathematically the high point of this video game, opinions don't really matter beyond that. You may like x expansion more than Y and that's fine, but the game was it's biggest, strongest, and even on the MLG circuit before cata changes. There's many metrics to back this up. That said..during wotlk I missed TBC for the first season.

Spoken like a true Wrath baby. Vanilla > Wrath all day everyday.
11/14/2018 07:08 AMPosted by Lathander
MoP all the way. People bash the whole panda thing, I personally didn't care, everything else was fantastic. Raids, PvP, music, zones. You zone in today, and you still see a million people running around cuz there's still so much content.

People bash MoP LFR, but I loved it. Durumu, Elegon, Nazgrim. Pug killers for sure, but they're so memorable to me for that reason. Watching half the raid die to the elevator boss, man. God I miss Cascade as a Spriest.

Those were my least favorite part of MoP. PvP was so bad in MoP and participation took a nose dive. So Blizzard had to do a lot of changes. Like prune CC.

11/14/2018 06:39 AMPosted by Cuddleqtpie
.... Yeah, no, see now it's the exact polar opposite. Most, above 65% of WOTLK players don't play anymore. Now it's MOSTLY cata babies and beyond..that's why anytime this gets jokingly discussed you get the "WOTLK was overrated there I said it" - started in cata though.

WOTLK was mathematically the high point of this video game, opinions don't really matter beyond that. You may like x expansion more than Y and that's fine, but the game was it's biggest, strongest, and even on the MLG circuit before cata changes. There's many metrics to back this up. That said..during wotlk I missed TBC for the first season.

Vanilla was horrible compared to today's standards.
11/14/2018 07:08 AMPosted by Lathander

Meanwhile I'm talking about Wrath.

You're saying Vanilla was better than WotLK.
Legion was the best expansion in terms of content that we've ever had, barring maybe the original release and the Cataclysm world re-vamp. Whether you like the themes of the expansion are up to subjective taste, however.

People complaining about a lack of content in BFA should take a long, hard look at the expansions prior to Legion where you got a daily and a heroic dungeon and that was basically it for your daily content.
11/13/2018 06:16 PMPosted by Ionadris
Prove me wrong.

11/13/2018 06:17 PMPosted by Clash
Wrath of the Lich King.

That was easy.

Legion was the best expansion ever.

However, I agree, Wrath of the Lich King was one of the best.
Prove me wrong.

BC was the peak of the game for hardcore raiders. Took top guild 5.5 months to clear release content. BC's endgame for casuals was terrible - even normal mode 70 dungeons had mechanics - anyone remember trying to pug Shadow Labs?

For casuals, either Cata or Legion was peak.

Wrath's changes did make the game much more accessible to noobs while still preserving hardcore raid content, so perhaps it was peak overall.
11/14/2018 07:18 AMPosted by Braniel

You're saying Vanilla was better than WotLK.

No crap dude. You said TODAY'S STANDARD not the standard during Wrath.

I hate how bad Americans critical thinking has become. No wonder our government is in this state.
TBC and WotLK prove you wrong.
11/14/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Drkenypowers
Prove me wrong.

BC was the peak of the game for hardcore raiders. Took top guild 5.5 months to clear release content. BC's endgame for casuals was terrible - even normal mode 70 dungeons had mechanics - anyone remember trying to pug Shadow Labs?

Wrath's changes did make the game much more accessible to noobs while still preserving hardcore raid content, so perhaps it was peak overall.

It was only peak for Arenas. It's second or third place in everything else.
11/13/2018 06:19 PMPosted by Ralanbék
Mists of Pandaria & Wrath of the Lich King would like a word.
Legion and BFA are the only expansions I've personally experienced

So I'm inclined to agree with you
The Burning Crusade was the highest regarded.
Wrath of the Lich King was the most popular.
Cata was a disaster.
MoP was the most improved after the 5.2 patch.
WoD started strong, but ultimately failed on technical issues.
Legion was very good. But really created long term problems with Artifact Power and Legendaries.
BfA started strong. But the story group is really losing me over the Garrosh 2.0 story.
The Conquerors expansion for Age of Empires II was the best expansion ever.
11/14/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Drkenypowers
Prove me wrong.

You got to realize how much gamers have grown over the years. We will never have a 5.5 month clearing these days. You have the top raiders picking apart the raids the moment Blizzard puts the code fresh into the PTR. You have entire communities built around playing to the absolute best of your ability, and less people are held back by technology restrictions on their end.

Blizzard has also been much quicker to tune down bosses once the top raiders make a case showing the actual math of a boss being impossible. Fetid Devourer just this tier received two substantial nerfs in the first week of the raid tier.

For anyone hoping to see the good ole days of only the 0.1% clearing raids after 6 months of the content being released is going to be disappointed. Hell, I expect Molten Core to be cleared within week 2 of Classic launch.