The red star...

General Discussion
Liquid hot "MAGMA"
10/09/2018 04:41 PMPosted by Halen
It will implode creating a black hole pulling in Azeroth and destroying all life to make way for WoW 2.

Hm, kinda like what CERN's busy doing. Should be interesting.
10/09/2018 04:49 PMPosted by Dreadmoon
10/09/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Xaela
It's getting brighter. I noticed it on 8.1 PTR It is bigger/brighter then it is on live... I wonder what that means?

Sargeras is coming back for his sword and Azeroth!

This would change everything.
It's getting brighter. I noticed it on 8.1 PTR It is bigger/brighter then it is on live... I wonder what that means?

Yeah I noticed that thing in silithus back when we were there dealing with the sword. It seems strange to me since all the immediate dangers and story points seem to be closer to earth. It is quite the mystery!
/messes hair up

I don't wanna say it's aliens,

But...

It's aliens.
It's a giant, world-ending meteor thrown by an old god in space.

The transition patch between BfA and 9.0 will involve a scenario where you have to get together with other people to fly up to the meteor, drill a hole in it, and set off a mana bomb inside of it to stop it while WoW-ized versions of Aerosmith serenade you.

KABOOM AZEROTH BURNS KYA KYA KYAAHHUHAHAUAHAHAUHAAH BURN!!!!!
That's just the Mote in God's Eye.
And even well after the meteor crashes and wipes out everything else on Azeroth, Nathanos will pop out from behind the last remaining log that somehow managed to soak the blast at point blank distance and say that the rock was a lesser extinction-level event.
10/09/2018 04:59 PMPosted by Annastasi
Thread is coming

Dragonmen must fly
When Thread is in the sky!
Can you take a picture and post the link?
World of Warcraft: Legion was Merely a Setback
Ya know I swore that star was getting brighter and bigger as the days ticked down to BfA. Then I noticed that it changed in size and brightness from zone to zone. I chalked that up to different skyboxes.

I think it would be pretty cool if Blizzard did something with it and not have it just serve as a reminder of defeating the Legion.