Same face syndrome. . . For male characters.

General Discussion
After seeing Lor'themar's new model, all I can say is this: Blizzard, why does your art team lack the ability to make your prominent male characters have any facial and build variety?
Lor'themar was one of the few that didn't look like the rest, and now you have to slap on him that cartoonishly buff physique and grizzled old man face.
So the women are getting slightly more variety in appearance that isn't generic hotty (Talanji for example), but heaven forbid there be ONE damn prominent male that isn't a beefcake or just plain fugly (I'm looking at you Gallywix). Anduin is the only exception (he actually has a rather cute face) but he's still a massive beefcake with his in-game model.

I like muscle, and I can appreciate masculine characters, but when all the leads are like this, it's just really aesthetically boring. Yeah I know it's just Lor'themar's model that's getting an update, but still--I feel that you guys could have given him a unique model that still fit the aesthetics of a Blood Elf without having to beef him up.

To me, beefy elf men belong to Night Elves. We are the real beef boys, as is evident by our lead males (Malfurion, Illidan, Staghelm (previously), etc.). I'd love more variety for Night Elf males too, but since Ion is all "MUH FACTION IDENTITY BLURRING" then why the hell did the art team decide slapping on generic human build on an Elf was a good idea?
They are ret conning night elves to being beefy. They giving it to all elves . remember sylvanas with that NE captain? Her body was tue same size.
anduin looks okay in the cinematic but he's ugly in game. there's your variety.
10/09/2018 04:48 PMPosted by Phelios
They are ret conning night elves to being beefy. They giving it to all elves . remember sylvanas with that NE captain? Her body was tue same size.

I don't get what you're talking about? Syvlanas's in-game model is huge because Blizz likes to make faction leader models super big for some reason.

10/09/2018 04:48 PMPosted by Tyierin

Lmfao
Better that then the male human models that all look like Nicholas Cage.
His face looks a little too Turalyon-y. Doesn't help that he suddenly looks old and has human proportions.
Are you sure thats the right syndrome?
10/09/2018 04:48 PMPosted by Phelios

I don't get what you're talking about? Syvlanas's in-game model is huge because Blizz likes to make faction leader models super big for some reason.

10/09/2018 04:48 PMPosted by Tyierin

Thi

Lmfao

This was not in game. This was durjng sylvanas warbringer story. She was the same size a delyarn.