Water Ele Invasion - Can't open frost chest ?

BFA Dungeons, Island Expeditions, and Raids
So when water elementals invade the island expedition they have a frozen chest in the middle of a patch of ice.

the problem is the ice ticks every 3 seconds which interrupts opening the chest.

Am i missing something or is it bugged.

edit - Literally just watched the enemy NPC open the chest which caused the ice to despawn..wtf
Wow lol I was just asking in trade chat this and no one has an answer. I submitted a bug report because I had the same issue!! I cleared all the orbs and mobs..ground still does damage, and had to leave the chests.
not like you need to loot the chest to have a chance on the loot regardless.. but yeah bug indeed same with the naga invasion and the rare that spawns under the map literally..
10/09/2018 07:43 PMPosted by Xyona
not like you need to loot the chest to have a chance on the loot regardless.. but yeah bug indeed same with the naga invasion and the rare that spawns under the map literally..

The chests dont matter? I thought they upped the chance along with killing the mob.
Yeah, the frozen chests are very poorly implemented at the moment.
Just lost an expedition because of this plenty of chests to loot to win but no way to turn off the tick damage to my knowledge
You need to click 4 to 5 times to open these chests, and click very fast :)
Just had this invasion this last IE and definitely am angry over not having any way of opening the chests. There was at least 5 mins solid of the whole team trying to open the "Water Lord's Cashe" big box for extra chance at good loot. The enemy ended up winning and we all got nothing.
:|
Just had this invasion and I am beyond ticked that everything I tried failed and I couldn't loot these chests...at which point we lost the invasion because I wasted so much time (because supposedly these chests up chance at loot).

Island Expeditions could be fun, but as it stands, the obnoxious loot concept (as in, WHAT LOOT?), and those stupid freaking frozen chests have me losing my fricken mind. I'm seriously questioning if Blizz actually WANTS WoW to die. If so, they're doing a smashing job at alienating players, so far.

This expac (a term I'm using loosely here) is nothing but a slap in the face to the player base.
pally bubble works to open chest, other than that you have to have perfect timing to beat 3s tic
If it wasn't for my husband being a paladin we'd have looted none of the chests. Doesn't really matter anyway, it's a snowballs chance in hell of getting loot.
Guses I'll have to bring a rogue or pally to every IE just to loot chests from now on. Can hunters loot while using turtle?
Hunters don't work
So no one has found a way to do this? No buff that lets you stand on it? the hell... Wow...
Only character I've found able to loot them is a paladin with bubble, and prot paladin with the talent that makes their one blessing into a magic immunity. Priest bubble did not work. Hunter can't either. Glad to see a thread about it, because I couldn't find any other info anywhere really.
I don't recall having trouble opening this chest. Stood at max clickable range and didn't take damage. Maybe I was just super lucky. No idea. Also witnessed my lock friend loot one. Sorry I don't have any insight to offer as to how we looted them, but we did. :(
basically spam clicked the chest relentlessly and eventually it opened, but almost died several times. sometimes an ice ball will spawn on top of you and start shooting you so you'll have to stop opening to kill it. my advice is to not even bother with the ice elementals because the hassle isn't worth it. there wasn't an extra juicy reward inside the chest
10/22/2018 10:58 AMPosted by Krawz
basically spam clicked the chest relentlessly and eventually it opened, but almost died several times. sometimes an ice ball will spawn on top of you and start shooting you so you'll have to stop opening to kill it. my advice is to not even bother with the ice elementals because the hassle isn't worth it. there wasn't an extra juicy reward inside the chest

This works, just did it.
It also verifies that the "new AI" really just cheats, I constantly see them do stuff that the player can't. Like sometimes looting/mining Asserite while getting punched by mobs, or their counter going up while their whole party is fighting our party and not actively looting/killing anything else.
Any update on how to do it?