Addon Blocking people from BR Servers

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 11 Next
10/11/2018 04:45 PMPosted by Teneea
Also, why are you whispering people when they reject your toon?

This is the part that gets me most. People who whisper me after I decline/reject them have absolutely 0 chances at getting in group and are likely to get a very toxic response back.

Last one literally ended his tirade with "Explain yourself". He promptly got ignored.
Flavor of the decade to whine about everything, everything is racism, you suffered so everyone else has to etc.
10/11/2018 04:47 PMPosted by Beraaht
This is the part that gets me most. People who whisper me after I decline/reject them have absolutely 0 chances at getting in group and are likely to get a very toxic response back.

Last one literally ended his tirade with "Explain yourself". He promptly got ignored.
Only time i whisper people is to link my CE argus as proof im worth the invite xd
It is discriminatory.

I believe that's the idea: to block out realms that negatively impact latency or gameplay.
10/11/2018 04:48 PMPosted by Yukiel
10/11/2018 04:47 PMPosted by Beraaht

Only time i whisper people is to link my CE argus as proof im worth the invite xd

Or other relevant achievements to such event you are looking for a group like AoTC/CE G'huun etc for a heroic <next raid tier> or Uldir pug group.
The price for a copy of this great addon has increased.
0/10 Please wait till Sunday. Until then, back under your bridge, go on git!
10/11/2018 04:48 PMPosted by Malefice
It is discriminatory.

I believe that's the idea: to block out realms that negatively impact latency or gameplay.

Block realms that:
A) tend to have bad experiences with because 95% of their players don't know how to play, there are good players on those realms just very few people.
B) Australian servers because in high mythic+ keys their lag can cause loss of time because of latency.
C) can't communicate because of language barrier.
People need to understand that 10 keys generally are about the difficulty of a Heroic raid at current tuning. And unlike a Heroic raid, there is an actual punishment for failure beyond simple time lost. As such people have a right to be very picky about who they group with.

The best answer to this post, and all similar posts is to make friends, join a guild and push keystones with people you know.
10/11/2018 04:12 PMPosted by Lagspike
I tired so hard not to be racist against BR/LA realms...I really did.

Explain to me. Explain HOW in gods name a breadth of negative experience and proof that BR's will drag your experience down is in ANY WAY "racist" That is just a word the ignorant screech to try and make you feel bad for imaginary sins. You have a reason, One agreed upon by most of wow and proof in abundance.

Racism was years ago when the first players refused to group for purely geographic reasons.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Racism does not easily fall under a single definition. It could be easily treated as Racism.

But it does...
"This person won't play with me, so therefore he's racist!"
Warum hast du Umzug nach Brasilien???
10/11/2018 04:15 PMPosted by Forums
Well considering the servers blocked by default are the ones for a specific ethnic group it can easily be seen as racist.

That's a result of Blizzard's doings, so if you're going to call it racism, blame the corporation, not the players on either end.
10/11/2018 04:11 PMPosted by Caerii
10/11/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Nøstabz
racism.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.
I can't believe the addon already was taken down by Curse. I have a RIGHT to reject any and all players based on any reason...honestly, Blizzard should not allow non-english players to interact with english ones, but Blizzard hates money these days.
jajajajaja
Yes, but that doesn't necessarily make it racist.
It's debatable. "All {{ethnicity}} people/players are {{negative adjective}}" is inherently a racist statement. Using server names or groups is just a mask for it. But that's an issue for discussion elsewhere. Not here on these forums since such discussions are off-topic and violate the Code of Conduct.

10/11/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Ohgodmyeyes
This, yes. There's a VERY good chance that Blizzard will break it if Curse/Twitch took it down.
Yup. People forget WoW has an extensive API and that they keep an eye on it.

10/11/2018 04:42 PMPosted by Beraaht
I'd block Romanian servers too. And Italian servers. And Swedish servers.
Which is 100% completely irrelevant because a) those servers do not exist as the European ones are English, French, German, Spanish and Russian and b) you cannot play on European Servers with a North American account and vice versa.

10/11/2018 05:15 PMPosted by Elenamyoros
I can't believe the addon already was taken down by Curse. I have a RIGHT to reject any and all players based on any reason...honestly, Blizzard should not allow non-english players to interact with english ones, but Blizzard hates money these days.
You have the right to nothing beyond what Blizzard grants you in the legal documents that govern this game. Period. Don't like it? There's the door.

It's on github, and I'm sure plenty of other places.

You can still download it from it's original hosting source, someone posted it the other day. I do find it shameful how Blizzard keeps 404'ing topics about this add on though. The person who created NoobBlocker spent a lot of blood, sweat, and tears creating it. Pathetic how a few crybabies can ruin a good thing.