Addon Blocking people from BR Servers

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 11 Next
10/11/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Sinfel
It might be racism but this is one of those rare cases of justified racism.

justified racism
this is the most stuid sentence i ever saw.
10/11/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Tobisway
10/11/2018 05:37 PMPosted by Tamki
Consider why your realm has an awful reputation and it's not "because racism".

Because of people's confirmation bias and dislike of others not like them? People on this thread have already made a reply making it clear their use of the addon was racially motivated and "justified".

But sure, it's perfectly normal to lump everyone in an entire region into a single category that you refuse to group with any of them.

Okay let me lay it out for you.

Why yes, I'm sure there are plenty of very skilled players from those realms, but the fact of the matter is that when you have a consistent pattern it starts to build up. It has nothing to do with race or even the language barrier that pops up because the fact of the matter is that if they were consistently good nobody would care about either of those things.
You're from Azralon which is an oceanic server.

Azralon is not a member of the OCE server group, thank you.
10/11/2018 04:31 PMPosted by Tobisway
"but it's not racism" >people posting about being racist and or the "racism being justified this time". Yeah, clearly not racially motivated, specially when all of you generalize people form the entire region they come from. Also, those people probably do speak English, not everywhere is Murica where you have natives that barely know their native language...

People from these realms are somehow incredibly bad and BM. It's not even a meme. Every time you group with these realms they are doing something that defies logic. Realizing that is not racist. People avoid these realms because they're problematic. What you're implying would be like saying believing it's a bad idea to wander around Chicago ghettos at night is racist. Or not leaving your resort in mexico is racist. No, there's a good chance you can get into conflict and killed so you avoid it if you have any rationality what so ever. The world can not kow tow around reality because it might offend somebody. People are free to associate with who they want. WoW can also do what ever they find necessary but forcing people to play with each other is very dictatorial.
10/11/2018 05:43 PMPosted by Annastasi
hm. I wonder if I can commission the addon creater to make a GnomeBlocker(tm) version.

I don't believe race data gets sent until after the player joins a group, and it can be modified by toys. Ergo, it wouldn't reject them on the signup, but would eject them after joining unless they hid their filthy gnomeness.
I mean you can tell a BR player when you see them with like 70 IO score or dont even have IO installed, easy to spot and avoid
You're from Azralon which is an oceanic server. A lot of the community and pugs I have been in are starting to hate people from Oceanic servers cause A) they're useless B) Don't speak English. You may get a few good ones here and there but you'd have a better chance at hitting a dart board from 3miles away than getting good people from Oceanic servers.

OCE servers are located in Sydney and Melbourne. LA and BR realms are hosted in the US datacentres.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Racism does not easily fall under a single definition. It could be easily treated as Racism.

And this is why people generally make fun of sociology as a science. Sociologists have taken clear cut terms such as racism and sexism and broadened the definition of them for political reasons. Gender studies is notorious for mixing politics with science to the point it's no longer scientific.
10/11/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Sinfel
It might be racism but this is one of those rare cases of justified racism.

justified racism
this is the most stuid sentence i ever saw.

Ummm you can’t even spell STUPID, so your sentence takes the cake :)
Oh, where do I get this addon from??
OCE server list:

Frostmourne
Saurfang
Jubei'Thos
Barthilas
Khaz'goroth
Nagrand
Thaurissan
Aman'Thul
Caelestrasz
Dath'Remar
Dreadmaul
Gundrak

Expect this addon to be broken very shortly. Blizzard will not permit an addon that drives up the queue times for other servers and has a negative impact on players.
10/11/2018 04:20 PMPosted by Nøstabz
Racism does not easily fall under a single definition.
It actually has an incredibly simple and straight forward definition. Next time you're online you should look it up. To cry racism because you get rejected due to your realm is idiotic.

You'd have a way more solid case if the add-on rejected you because you were a Blood Elf. Hopefully you can figure out why.
Actually racism would be on a specific player -- now if you asked players if they were a specific race or ethnic group and denied them based on that it would be racism.

Blizzard really has never taken action against people who exclude others from their raids or parties based on race, gender, whatever although they will take action against guilds who are really blatant about their racism, sexism, whatever.

You're allowed to reject people based on their server -- it's short-sighted and not inclusive but it's not technically racism.
I'm trying to understand how the use of this add-on is fundamentally different from guilds that refuse to accept female players, or a community Exclusively for fans of Grey's Anatomy.

People are free to associate (or not associate) with whomever they choose, without exception.
10/11/2018 05:56 PMPosted by Aehl
OCE server list:

Frostmourne
Saurfang
Jubei'Thos
Barthilas
Khaz'goroth
Nagrand
Thaurissan
Aman'Thul
Caelestrasz
Dath'Remar
Dreadmaul
Gundrak

Expect this addon to be broken very shortly. Blizzard will not permit an addon that drives up the queue times for other servers and has a negative impact on players.

Dude, you can't even quote properly. Sit down and shut up.
10/11/2018 05:45 PMPosted by Ttoki
I mean you can tell a BR player when you see them with like 70 IO score or dont even have IO installed, easy to spot and avoid

I don't have the add-on installed. Did I just become a Brazilian?
10/11/2018 04:15 PMPosted by Forums
10/11/2018 04:13 PMPosted by Ohgodmyeyes
This isn't racism. It's certainly not inclusive, but it's not racism.
Well considering the servers blocked by default are the ones for a specific ethnic group it can easily be seen as racist.

As for you OP, the addon in question has already been removed from Curse. Chances are Blizzard has or will break it.

That's ridiculous. How does an addon know someone's "ethnic group"? What the addon blocks is horrible ping times and usually people who don't speak the same language. That's not racist at all.

If the addon took a sample of their DNA and reported "this person is Latino" or "this person is of Portuguese or Spanish or French descent" and then rejected them based on that information, then it would be "racist".

If you are originally from Brazil and you are playing on a NA server, will the addon reject you? If not, then it is not in any way racist.
10/11/2018 05:56 PMPosted by Aehl
Blizzard will not permit an addon that drives up the queue times for other servers

It's a good thing it doesn't do that, then.
10/11/2018 04:31 PMPosted by Madish
10/11/2018 04:29 PMPosted by Leshe

Probably is. A lot of racists have no idea they actually are one.

a lot of racists just use the same egregious arguments such as quoting the actual definition of racism from webster's dictionary and acting like the things they say/do don't define it, it'll probably happen later in this thread

How can you say something so homophobic?
10/11/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Throkgar
10/11/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Nøstabz
Hello, I tried to apply for a +11 AD and I was REJECTED denied, when I saw my whisper I just read a message saying "This player is ignoring players from your Realm".

I just hope Blizzard forbids such an act of racism.
You're from Azralon which is an oceanic server. A lot of the community and pugs I have been in are starting to hate people from Oceanic servers cause A) they're useless B) Don't speak English. You may get a few good ones here and there but you'd have a better chance at hitting a dart board from 3miles away than getting good people from Oceanic servers.