Addon Blocking people from BR Servers

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 11 Next
No it can’t. It’s rejecting people because you can’t commumicate with them. Only YOU can’t get victimhood out of your head.

This addon also blocks all OCE servers by default, where no language barrier exists. It NEGATIVELY affects other realms and drives up queue times.

It needs to be broken.

Now.
10/11/2018 04:12 PMPosted by Lagspike
I tired so hard not to be racist against BR/LA realms...I really did.

But time and time again they proved the stereotype true. Sorry man. Maybe its time to Xfer.

And time and time again the people believing in that stereotype are mostly baddies, not gonna write here your own progress and io but i guess you know you are part of them.

PS: raider.io exists for a purpose.
10/11/2018 07:48 PMPosted by Aehl
No it can’t. It’s rejecting people because you can’t commumicate with them. Only YOU can’t get victimhood out of your head.

This addon also blocks all OCE servers by default, where no language barrier exists. It NEGATIVELY affects other realms and drives up queue times.

It needs to be broken.

Now.

Latency issues. These people should have every right to block your realm if it negatively affects their gameplay.

It needs to be broken.

Now.

I know Abos who are smarter than you dude. Oceanic servers are not blocked by default you clown.

It needs to be broken.

Now.

So 4 other people can suffer while the 5th deals with 1500 ping?

#NoThanks
#BuildThePingWall

It needs to be broken.

Now.

On the other hand, BR and OCE players shouldn't be paired together, ever, in an Australian (103.4.115.0/24 IP range) instance, since our network route to Australia is twice as long when compared to an US player's.

Whenever I get an oceanic instance now, I'm forced to leave, since my latency spikes to a minimum of 400ms, with the feeling of it being over 1.3s for any action to get registered, making PvP unplayable and PvE incredibly annoying.
Joined a heroic Uldir pug on a fairly undergeared healing alt (353). When I applied, I didn't realize it was a guild run from a Brazilian guild, and I was the only Pug they were using. We managed to clear the whole instance with only a few wipes. There was only one guy who spoke extremely broken English, but he still did his best to make sure I knew my assignments, all the fight mechanics, etc.

I bet if the situation was reversed, I doubt most US players would show this amount of care to the one LA player. In the end, we're all just gamers trying to enjoy our hobby.

It baffles me that people instantly reject someone from a LA server just because of their region. I completely understand the language barrier, which is a hurdle for higher keystones and such. But denying someone from an LA server on a +2 or +3 where no communication is really needed, just because "they're a jajajajaja and a bad player" is absurd. There are plenty of terrible players from NA servers.
Also, even if you break the addon, most people already know which realms to avoid.
I know by heart all Oceanic realms so I don't get pulled into their instances when using the group finder.
So 4 other people can suffer while the 5th deals with 1500 PING?

#NoThanks

The end result is the same...it will drive up queue times for OCE players, which is the definition of a negative impact. If the reverse were true, and your queue times were affected to that degree, you'd not be a happy camper.

US and OCE players need to group to provide an overall larger player pool for instanced and outer world content. Were Blizzard to actually isolate the two - US Vs OCE - I really dont think you'd like the end result.
10/11/2018 07:54 PMPosted by Germies
But denying someone from an LA server on a +2 or +3 where no communication is really needed, just because "they're a jajajajaja and a bad player" is absurd. There are plenty of terrible players from NA servers.

And for this same reason raider.io is a godsend, i can decline the NA players on this same thread who are usually baddies with !@#$ io and invite whoever proves to me that hes worth the shot thanks to their raider.io profile.
10/11/2018 05:56 PMPosted by Aehl
OCE server list:

Frostmourne
Saurfang
Jubei'Thos
Barthilas
Khaz'goroth
Nagrand
Thaurissan
Aman'Thul
Caelestrasz
Dath'Remar
Dreadmaul
Gundrak

Expect this addon to be broken very shortly. Blizzard will not permit an addon that drives up the queue times for other servers and has a negative impact on players.

I don't form world boss groups so I haven't dl'ed this addon but Blizz doesn't have any reason to break the addon. The addon requires an action by the player for each rejection. All it does is queue the prospective players based on realm.

Group leaders are naturally going to discriminate. On ping times, people don't want to play WoW at 200ms-300ms latency when they are used to 25-50ms. Blizz shouldn't have brought this problem to a head by putting players located in the U.S. on the OCE server farm. But they did.

It needs to be broken.

Now.

I’m not a fan of 300 Ms lag I’m mythic + tyvm it’s horrid
Blizz shouldn't have brought this problem to a head by putting players located in the U.S. on the OCE server farm. But they did.

See my earlier comment.

Were Blizzard to in fact do this, your queue times would skyrocket and decrease by a huge margin, the available players for content.

Be careful what you wish for.

Neither were we. But we managed. It can be and has been done for many years. WOW is played in over 244 nations worldwide.
10/11/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Nøstabz
Hello, I tried to apply for a +11 AD and I was REJECTED denied, when I saw my whisper I just read a message saying "This player is ignoring players from your Realm".

I just hope Blizzard forbids such an act of racism.

I wouldn’t call it racism. They could have a valid reason such having a language barrier problems in the past. Besides Brazil is a nation and not an ethnicity unto themselves. At least I don’t think. Now if they blocked many characters who possibly speak Spanish or Portuguese then we might have a case for racism.

That aside, I am sorry you got denied. It has to suck.
10/11/2018 08:03 PMPosted by Aehl
Blizz shouldn't have brought this problem to a head by putting players located in the U.S. on the OCE server farm. But they did.

See my earlier comment.

Were Blizzard to in fact do this, your queue times would skyrocket and decrease by a huge margin, the available players for content.

Be careful what you wish for.

Neither were we. But we managed. It can be and has been done for many years. WOW is played in over 244 nations worldwide.

I can choose not to join laggers and I choose not to a grad majority of the time what you gonna do

Everytime I join a Frostmourne led group, *boom*, 300 ms and game pauses trying to play.

Sorry, I don't care about your queues.
Its not like the Noob Blocker addon is hard to find since its removal from Curse, a quick google search and it popped right up ready to download and install.

now i dont use it since i never make groups, but i do love reading these threads lol
It's funny they'll block OCE cause of lag yet i'v been in games with yanks and had 200 ping and never noticed it cause like in most MMO's and other games OCE servers rarely exist but we've always had to live with lag then now even the Yanks are making addons to block people and now we're being blocked out of servers cause of spiteful children who need to Win everything right now or i kick you.

Back when i played Tera i saw people who had 9 ping who were utter dog!@#$ and people with 400 ping some how doing dungeon content as melee without hassle. But it seems the people of WoW have now gotten to point where gotta create an addon to do a simple decline job for them.

And the whole excuse of it's a high key i expect perfection is just retarded you should be there for challenge and if you're doing it as a PUG you should expect some mishaps to happen everyones human and mistakes do and can occur.
10/11/2018 08:27 PMPosted by Futagoddess
It's funny they'll block OCE cause of lag yet i'v been in games with yanks and had 200 ping and never noticed it cause like in most MMO's and other games OCE servers rarely exist but we've always had to live with lag then now even the Yanks are making addons to block people and now we're being blocked out of servers cause of spiteful children who need to Win everything right now or i kick you.

Back when i played Tera i saw people who had 9 ping who were utter dog!@#$ and people with 400 ping some how doing dungeon content as melee without hassle. But it seems the people of WoW have now gotten to point where gotta create an addon to do a simple decline job for them.

And the whole excuse of it's a high key i expect perfection is just retarded you should be there for challenge and if you're doing it as a PUG you should expect some mishaps to happen everyones human and mistakes do and can occur.

A laggy run can mean a wipe or 2. And that can mean a failed timer dieing because of lag is never cool I won’t subject myself to that kind of lag
Esos addon que bloquean a personas de distintos paises están muy mal.

Todos somos jugadores iguales, en wow todos debemos compartir la experiencia de juego con los demás jugadores, sin hacer excepciones.

Lo siento por escribir en español, no sé inglés.

I'm sorry for my spanish, no speak english, only spanish.